KC-MM BrawlVault: Homebrew App *6/13: See Page 4*

Started by Jack H., April 29, 2012, 11:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Community of Wonderful Brawlers,

We've been toying with the idea of developing a Homebrew App for BrawlVault, designed to let you browse and preview what's available, and then download it directly to your SD card.

But, of course, before we pull a Homebrew team together, we have to ask: "Would you use it?"   --   If you would, feel free to suggest some ideas for it.

If there's a demand, we'll throw a team of geniuses together.

Keep in mind that this is still in the very early conceptual stages. We have no idea how capable the Wii is of doing the things we want to do. Our plan is to start ambitious and strike features if they end up impossible.
...................
List of Basic Functionality
- Browse hacks and see images
- Upon downloading character, choose slot to replace
- PAC and PCS are placed and named correctly
- Upon downloading stage, it is placed and named correctly
- Upon downloading brstm,  choose stage, then track to replace


List of Advanced Functionality (future usage)
- Upon choosing character, browse available CSPs
- Upon choosing CSP, inject it into correct slot in common5
- Upon choosing stage, choose which stage to replace
- Chosen stage hack is named and has the appropriate rel to replace target stage
- Upon choosing stage, browse available SSPs and stage names
- Chosen SSP and name are injected into common5 (in correct slot, especially important if targeted stage replacement is also implemented)

Leave these topics alone for now
- Brawl+, Brawl-, etc. Implementation
- SFX support
- Items
- After choosing brstm placement, offer option to change music title
- Accept user text input for title and inject into info.pac and mu_menumain.pac
-Jack H.

this is a good idea

it would save people time and would just be awesome to do
to bad i dont have my wii hooked up to the interent

any way this is a good idea
QuoteSSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

This "BrawlBrew" or whatever sounds absolutely wonderful. Another innovation in the footsteps of the BrawVault!

I support this, fully.


I support this 100%.  Anything to make Brawl hacking more accessible to outsiders.  I've seen far too many people on the net who'd love to get hacks but have no idea where to start.

April 30, 2012, 12:02:11 AM #4 Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:03:10 AM by Ӄit ßallarɖ
I know someone that's coding for the wii now (his GeckoOs Tunnel app for GC) and I could ask if he'd like to help with some.

And this topic was extremely debated a while back before the forum layout was changed. I think it was a topic in the "Program" section, but I'm not sure.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!




I'm assuming that the hack creator(s) would receive proper credit on this hypothetical application?
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


It'd be pretty much like browsing BV here, so yeah, the name(s) would be right there on the screen.

I guess it depends on your definition of the incredibly vague term, "proper."

this sounds splendid
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

April 30, 2012, 12:35:20 AM #9 Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:38:08 AM by SJS
Quote from: Vyse on April 30, 2012, 12:21:43 AM
It'd be pretty much like browsing BV here, so yeah, the name(s) would be right there on the screen.

I guess it depends on your definition of the incredibly vague term, "proper."
"Proper" as in hack creators' names, collabs, and credits showing up.

And descriptions too. Those are.... sometimes important.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Best idea ever. Would be nice to see this happen

Quote from: SJS on April 30, 2012, 12:35:20 AM
"Proper" as in hack creators' names, collabs, and credits showing up.

And descriptions too. Those are.... sometimes important.
Ah, then yes, all that will be there.

Like I said, it'd be pretty much like browsing BV.

I'm all for this.

Will there be support for downloading stages onto Stage Expansion Code slots? Almost all my custom stages I have on my SD card are over those extra slots.

Also what about those people who have characters ported over other characters? For example if someone has Marth over Jigglypuff and they want to download a Marth hack and have it download to Jigglys slot instead, could they do that?

I know the app hasn't been created, but just throwing out questions that should be considered.

I support this. It will make things more easier in a way that I don't need to log into my computer to download hacks all the time.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Assuming that this will have support for both Riivo and Gecko, I'm all for it.