Holy tits, this Legacy guy does stages and SSPs

Started by LegacyWolf, May 01, 2012, 03:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: LegacyWolf on September 11, 2012, 10:13:04 PM
Anyone can...

Uh, anyway, preview vid of Kami's Lookout.

SSBB Preview - Kami's Lookout

Post Merge: September 12, 2012, 01:32:48 PM

Last preview.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I guess the action is too near to those trees... and the tree shadows need to be transparent.

The 2D trees would need to not be affected by lighting, and shadow system is needed, in the same direction and opacity as tree shadows.

Anyway, I guess something's not good with the normals, the shapes don't look as smooth as they should. The sensation is either that you need to edit the normals a little, or change the lighting so that's not that noticeable.

Other than that, the stage looks fine  :kdance:
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

September 13, 2012, 10:42:01 PM #241 Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:26:08 AM by LegacyWolf
Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on September 13, 2012, 09:26:18 PM
I guess the action is too near to those trees... and the tree shadows need to be transparent.

The 2D trees would need to not be affected by lighting, and shadow system is needed, in the same direction and opacity as tree shadows.

Anyway, I guess something's not good with the normals, the shapes don't look as smooth as they should. The sensation is either that you need to edit the normals a little, or change the lighting so that's not that noticeable.

Other than that, the stage looks fine  :kdance:

By all means, I'm putting in my heart and soul to make this look as good as I can. I've noticed all those errors, and MANY more, except for the action being too close to the trees. Thanks for the feedback.  :af:

I will fix all these problems, no questions asked. When I noticed the terrible normals and shadows, I punched a wall.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

September 20, 2012, 01:17:30 PM #242 Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:39:30 PM by LegacyWolf
The Synapse is still in the works. Almost complete. Preview:



Couldn't look more like a crop circle...

Jeezus, this topic is dead...well, got a few updates:

-Kami's Lookout is nearly complete.
-Synapse model is almost complete.
-Dropped the Casino Night Zone revamp.
-Still need to make some progress on Yokai Academy for SmashClash.
-I might complete some character rigs.
-School is pissing me off and getting in the way of everything I do.
-Wii again isn't reading my brawl disc, so testing is difficult.
-Destiny Islands should be done soon now that ItalianStallion has finished Piccolo.
-I've learned many new things involving brawlbox and 3ds max, so expect some high-quality stuff.
-All my fetishes are now public.
-Working on my next stage, Freezeflame Galaxy.

Your fetishes are now public... How did that happen(if you dont mind saying)?
The rest of it all looks good :)

I made a list of my fetishes, and a lovely scumbag named DSX8 decided to post the list.

Quote from: LegacyWolf on September 22, 2012, 11:21:14 PM
I made a list of my fetishes, and a lovely scumbag named DSX8 decided to post the list.
Ouch... Well... At least it's only people on the internet(I assume it is) who you dont know irl.
My condolences to you.

September 23, 2012, 01:57:35 AM #247 Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 08:09:11 AM by LegacyWolf
It'll be fine...things will remain okay. I'd appreciate it if a few overlooked it, as the list is not yet complete.

In other news, Pervy and I are working together on some stages.

Edit: Pimped the thread a bit. Not finished.

September 26, 2012, 02:57:58 AM #248 Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 02:59:31 AM by SmashClash
Quote from: LegacyWolf on September 22, 2012, 10:44:57 PM
Jeezus, this topic is dead...well, got a few updates:

-Kami's Lookout is nearly complete. Yay
-Synapse model is almost complete. Yay
-Dropped the Casino Night Zone revamp. Yay
-Still need to make some progress on Yokai Academy for SmashClash. It's for everyone! : D
-I might complete some character rigs. Yay. No rush, of course. : O
-School is pissing me off and getting in the way of everything I do. Gotta hate that. :/
-Wii again isn't reading my brawl disc, so testing is difficult. D: You'll need a Wii U
-Destiny Islands should be done soon now that ItalianStallion has finished Piccolo. Yay
-I've learned many new things involving brawlbox and 3ds max, so expect some high-quality stuff. Yay/lol
-All my fetishes are now public. D:
-Working on my next stage, Freezeflame Galaxy. Awesome.

My responses are in red.

^ That amused me way more than it should have. Thank you.

I love that galaxy. Well I love all Galaxy stages :srs:


Good. :srs:

I remember when I would obsess over completing the SSF2 project. This was going to be one of the stages. Now that we aren't active in that project, I can customize the stage in any way I want. This is going to be fun.

Well I haven't given up on the project, I rather just wait until V0.9 comes out to get motivated again. Seeing how the actual game isn't complete I feel we're wasting our time making beta stages rather then the final product. I mean look it here, Jungle Hijinx got revamped in this trailer.
Super Smash Flash 2 v0.9 @ Apex 2013
I say wait until V0.9 at least comes out so we can work fresh then :P

September 26, 2012, 10:42:49 PM #253 Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 11:16:29 PM by LegacyWolf
I'd hate to abandon the project like this, but it's just that I have way too much [censored] to deal with. Sorry, but you may be on your own for the project.

Post Merge: September 26, 2012, 11:16:29 PM

Design on the Synapse is complete...almost.


lookin good bro. keep it up