WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Malfioz on November 05, 2012, 06:22:51 PM
Thanks guys! :DI've been animating since April this year.
Actually I'm just using bmdview2 (model viewer), where I can record animations and view them frame by frame.
Edit:How would that even work when bones are different from the original games and SSBB?
animate brawl characters in 3ds max, with their brawl skeleton :srs:

Quote from: joke. on November 05, 2012, 11:44:33 PM
animate brawl characters in 3ds max, with their brawl skeleton :srs:
My bad. I thought of importing the animations from the original game.

Quote from: Malfioz on November 06, 2012, 05:49:10 PMMy bad. I thought of importing the animations from the original game.
That hasn't been done before... :>.>: Good luck with that!
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

and you can always port the animations by changing their bone names


Figured I'd post this in the WIP thread as I've recently discovered the major advantage of my previous transformation technique.  My technique allows for partial transformations (ie: Sasuke remaining in regular form but having his Cursed Seal wings sprout from his back; Naruto spawning only a kyubbi claw or something; War using Chaos Form's wings or tail, etc.) where as model changers prohibit that since the models are both attached to the same boneset so you can't shrink down the body and scale up the wings to make them appear as wings on their own, the only solution would be to heavily seperate all attributes of a model via "objects" that you could control via VIS0 which probably wouldn't even work.  Just posting an interesting find  :happy:
-Omni

Quote from: Omniscient X on November 07, 2012, 01:47:30 AM
Figured I'd post this in the WIP thread as I've recently discovered the major advantage of my previous transformation technique.  My technique allows for partial transformations (ie: Sasuke remaining in regular form but having his Cursed Seal wings sprout from his back; Naruto spawning only a kyubbi claw or something; War using Chaos Form's wings or tail, etc.) where as model changers prohibit that since the models are both attached to the same boneset so you can't shrink down the body and scale up the wings to make them appear as wings on their own, the only solution would be to heavily seperate all attributes of a model via "objects" that you could control via VIS0 which probably wouldn't even work.  Just posting an interesting find  :happy:
-Omni
that is possible by model changers if the char is divided on certain polygons lets say  naruto arm has one polygon and the kyubii arm also uses a polygon and rigged on the same bone you would put naruto arm on boneswitch0 and kyubii on 1 so when kuybi appears you make the naruto one disapear
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on November 07, 2012, 01:58:54 AM
that is possible by model changers if the char is divided on certain polygons lets say  naruto arm has one polygon and the kyubii arm also uses a polygon and rigged on the same bone you would put naruto arm on boneswitch0 and kyubii on 1 so when kuybi appears you make the naruto one disapear
While this is true you'd have to do alot of polygon work, while my way offers a far simpler and easier solution.  Also with that method you can't have the arm or partial transformation move independently of say the arm.  So if I wanted to have Naruto use a chakra arm to attack opponents while his other arm was doing something else such as charging a rasengan I couldn't do it with model changers since its parented to the arm bone.  I suppose you could with a custom boneset but then you gotta make all new animations and that can be messy  :P
-Omni

Quote from: Omniscient X on November 07, 2012, 05:08:10 AM
While this is true you'd have to do alot of polygon work, while my way offers a far simpler and easier solution.  Also with that method you can't have the arm or partial transformation move independently of say the arm.  So if I wanted to have Naruto use a chakra arm to attack opponents while his other arm was doing something else such as charging a rasengan I couldn't do it with model changers since its parented to the arm bone.  I suppose you could with a custom boneset but then you gotta make all new animations and that can be messy  :P
-Omni

So can you please explain your way.

November 07, 2012, 05:30:10 AM #414 Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:11:35 AM by Omniscient X
Step 1-Pick a character with an article either in their fitcharacter00.pac or their motionetc so it doesn't shoot the filesize through the roof on your fitcharacter.pac where you'll be PSAing.
Step 2-Find your model for your character and rig it onto the character's bones (ie: War is rigged to Ike's bones so Chaos Form was also rigged to Ike's bones)
Step 3-Make sure your visibility bones are usable on both models, if you don't know how to do this it's under Objects/Polygons depending on what version of BB you're using but search KCMM and there's a guide.
Step 4-Make your animation for your character lets say I make it for Ike and then omit the frames where you think you'll have your transformation occur.  Set the visibility bones to "set" for the frames you want the character there and "cleared" for when you want the main character's model to not be there.
Step 5-Export the animation
Step 6-Open the animation for your "transformed" model and edit the "omitted frames" accordingly (it doesn't matter if it messes up the other frames since the model won't be there).  Then perform the same operation with visibility bones only INVERTED so the frames that were "set" for the original model should be "cleared" for the transformed model and the frames that were "cleared" for the original should be "set" for the transformed model.
Step 7-Both animations should be the same frame length so in PSA you can go to the subaction you want to edit and simply put:
 -Generate Article: #
 -Set Anchored Article Action:
    -Parameter 1: Article #
    -Parameter 2: AnimationData #
    -Parameter 3: True (set this parameter to "boolean")
For information on the above code see here:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Step 8-Test in game and see if it works, if it doesn't you did something wrong  :notimp:

Proof-of-Concept:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Note: I chose not to write this tutorial before because I DO NOT want to answer a [censored]ton of questions on visibility bones and such techniques, if you have a question RESEARCH IT and if you still have one RESEARCH SOME MORE  :srs: then if you still have a question PM SOMEBODY ELSE but then if you're still confused I'll help you  :)
-Omni

Quote from: Omniscient X on November 07, 2012, 05:30:10 AM
Step 1-Pick a character with an article either in their fitcharacter00.pac or their motionetc so it doesn't shoot the filesize through the roof on your fitcharacter.pac where you'll be PSAing.
Step 2-Find your model for your character and rig it onto the character's bones (ie: War is rigged to Ike's bones so Chaos Form was also rigged to Ike's bones)
Step 3-Make sure your visibility bones are usable on both models, if you don't know how to do this it's under Objects/Polygons depending on what version of BB you're using but search KCMM and there's a guide.
Step 4-Make your animation for your character lets say I make it for Ike and then omit the frames where you think you'll have your transformation occur.  Set the visibility bones to "set" for the frames you want the character there and "cleared" for when you want the main character's model to not be there.
Step 5-Export the animation
Step 6-Open the animation for your "transformed" model and edit the "omitted frames" accordingly (it doesn't matter if it messes up the other frames since the model won't be there).  Then perform the same operation with visibility bones only INVERTED so the frames that were "set" for the original model should be "cleared" for the transformed model and the frames that were "cleared" for the original should be "set" for the transformed model.
Step 7-Both animations should be the same frame length so in PSA you can go to the subaction you want to edit and simply put:
 -Generate Article: #
 -Set Anchored Article Action:
    -Parameter 1: Article #
    -Parameter 2: AnimationData #
    -Parameter 3: True (set this parameter to "boolean")
For information on the above code see here:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Step 8-Test in game and see if it works, if it doesn't you did something wrong  :notimp:

Proof-of-Concept:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Note: I chose not to write this tutorial before because I DO NOT want to answer a [censored]ton of questions on visibility bones and such techniques, if you have a question RESEARCH IT and if you still have one RESEARCH SOME MORE  :srs: then if you still have a question PM SOMEBODY ELSE but then if you're still confused I'll help you  :)
-Omni
im doing something like that with MK cape and putting pokemons in there xD and they will be one slot so each trainer has their own
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Look at what I found.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on November 09, 2012, 12:20:52 AM
Look at what I found.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Oh hell yeah
-Omni

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on November 09, 2012, 12:20:52 AM
Look at what I found.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

i have that game i was part of the beta xD and i pre oerdered it so i have the raptor skin so you play primal carnage kjp? they have some sick models the pteranodon is my favorite char and looks badass
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on November 09, 2012, 09:33:57 AM
i have that game i was part of the beta xD and i pre oerdered it so i have the raptor skin so you play primal carnage kjp? they have some sick models the pteranodon is my favorite char and looks badass
I do not have Primal Carnage. I want it though. But I got the model from garrysmod.org.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]