Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 137
Author Topic: WIP PSA Workshop  (Read 697002 times)
BlueBrain
God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #405 on: November 05, 2012, 04:44:33 PM »

Thanks guys! :DI've been animating since April this year.
    Actually I'm just using bmdview2 (model viewer), where I can record animations and view them frame by frame.
    Edit:How would that even work when bones are different from the original games and SSBB?
    animate brawl characters in 3ds max, with their brawl skeleton Im srs here

Malfioz
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #406 on: November 06, 2012, 10:49:10 AM »

animate brawl characters in 3ds max, with their brawl skeleton Im srs here
    My bad. I thought of importing the animations from the original game.

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #407 on: November 06, 2012, 10:52:30 AM »

My bad. I thought of importing the animations from the original game.
    That hasn't been done before... I see what you did there ... Good luck with that!

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #408 on: November 06, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »

and you can always port the animations by changing their bone names

slayermarth101
    Child of Prophecy
    Heroic Kitten

Marth is my main main. >:D

• Awards Rising Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #409 on: November 06, 2012, 04:58:53 PM »

*comments for updates*

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #410 on: November 06, 2012, 06:47:30 PM »

Figured I'd post this in the WIP thread as I've recently discovered the major advantage of my previous transformation technique.  My technique allows for partial transformations (ie: Sasuke remaining in regular form but having his Cursed Seal wings sprout from his back; Naruto spawning only a kyubbi claw or something; War using Chaos Form's wings or tail, etc.) where as model changers prohibit that since the models are both attached to the same boneset so you can't shrink down the body and scale up the wings to make them appear as wings on their own, the only solution would be to heavily seperate all attributes of a model via "objects" that you could control via VIS0 which probably wouldn't even work.  Just posting an interesting find  Happy Face
    -Omni

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #411 on: November 06, 2012, 06:58:54 PM »

Figured I'd post this in the WIP thread as I've recently discovered the major advantage of my previous transformation technique.  My technique allows for partial transformations (ie: Sasuke remaining in regular form but having his Cursed Seal wings sprout from his back; Naruto spawning only a kyubbi claw or something; War using Chaos Form's wings or tail, etc.) where as model changers prohibit that since the models are both attached to the same boneset so you can't shrink down the body and scale up the wings to make them appear as wings on their own, the only solution would be to heavily seperate all attributes of a model via "objects" that you could control via VIS0 which probably wouldn't even work.  Just posting an interesting find  Happy Face
    -Omni
    that is possible by model changers if the char is divided on certain polygons lets say  naruto arm has one polygon and the kyubii arm also uses a polygon and rigged on the same bone you would put naruto arm on boneswitch0 and kyubii on 1 so when kuybi appears you make the naruto one disapear

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #412 on: November 06, 2012, 10:08:10 PM »

that is possible by model changers if the char is divided on certain polygons lets say  naruto arm has one polygon and the kyubii arm also uses a polygon and rigged on the same bone you would put naruto arm on boneswitch0 and kyubii on 1 so when kuybi appears you make the naruto one disapear
    While this is true you'd have to do alot of polygon work, while my way offers a far simpler and easier solution.  Also with that method you can't have the arm or partial transformation move independently of say the arm.  So if I wanted to have Naruto use a chakra arm to attack opponents while his other arm was doing something else such as charging a rasengan I couldn't do it with model changers since its parented to the arm bone.  I suppose you could with a custom boneset but then you gotta make all new animations and that can be messy  Tongue
    -Omni

jrush64
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Starstormer Renowned Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #413 on: November 06, 2012, 10:10:18 PM »

While this is true you'd have to do alot of polygon work, while my way offers a far simpler and easier solution.  Also with that method you can't have the arm or partial transformation move independently of say the arm.  So if I wanted to have Naruto use a chakra arm to attack opponents while his other arm was doing something else such as charging a rasengan I couldn't do it with model changers since its parented to the arm bone.  I suppose you could with a custom boneset but then you gotta make all new animations and that can be messy  Tongue
    -Omni

So can you please explain your way.

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #414 on: November 06, 2012, 10:30:10 PM »

Step 1-Pick a character with an article either in their fitcharacter00.pac or their motionetc so it doesn't shoot the filesize through the roof on your fitcharacter.pac where you'll be PSAing.
    Step 2-Find your model for your character and rig it onto the character's bones (ie: War is rigged to Ike's bones so Chaos Form was also rigged to Ike's bones)
    Step 3-Make sure your visibility bones are usable on both models, if you don't know how to do this it's under Objects/Polygons depending on what version of BB you're using but search KCMM and there's a guide.
    Step 4-Make your animation for your character lets say I make it for Ike and then omit the frames where you think you'll have your transformation occur.  Set the visibility bones to "set" for the frames you want the character there and "cleared" for when you want the main character's model to not be there.
    Step 5-Export the animation
    Step 6-Open the animation for your "transformed" model and edit the "omitted frames" accordingly (it doesn't matter if it messes up the other frames since the model won't be there).  Then perform the same operation with visibility bones only INVERTED so the frames that were "set" for the original model should be "cleared" for the transformed model and the frames that were "cleared" for the original should be "set" for the transformed model.
    Step 7-Both animations should be the same frame length so in PSA you can go to the subaction you want to edit and simply put:
      -Generate Article: #
      -Set Anchored Article Action:
         -Parameter 1: Article #
         -Parameter 2: AnimationData #
         -Parameter 3: True (set this parameter to "boolean")
    For information on the above code see here:
    Step 8-Test in game and see if it works, if it doesn't you did something wrong  not impressed

Proof-of-Concept:
    War transforms mid-battle to engage Lucas in Chaos Form

Note: I chose not to write this tutorial before because I DO NOT want to answer a [censored]ton of questions on visibility bones and such techniques, if you have a question RESEARCH IT and if you still have one RESEARCH SOME MORE  Im srs here then if you still have a question PM SOMEBODY ELSE but then if you're still confused I'll help you  Smiley
    -Omni
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 12:11:35 AM by Omniscient X » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #415 on: November 07, 2012, 05:35:20 AM »

Step 1-Pick a character with an article either in their fitcharacter00.pac or their motionetc so it doesn't shoot the filesize through the roof on your fitcharacter.pac where you'll be PSAing.
    Step 2-Find your model for your character and rig it onto the character's bones (ie: War is rigged to Ike's bones so Chaos Form was also rigged to Ike's bones)
    Step 3-Make sure your visibility bones are usable on both models, if you don't know how to do this it's under Objects/Polygons depending on what version of BB you're using but search KCMM and there's a guide.
    Step 4-Make your animation for your character lets say I make it for Ike and then omit the frames where you think you'll have your transformation occur.  Set the visibility bones to "set" for the frames you want the character there and "cleared" for when you want the main character's model to not be there.
    Step 5-Export the animation
    Step 6-Open the animation for your "transformed" model and edit the "omitted frames" accordingly (it doesn't matter if it messes up the other frames since the model won't be there).  Then perform the same operation with visibility bones only INVERTED so the frames that were "set" for the original model should be "cleared" for the transformed model and the frames that were "cleared" for the original should be "set" for the transformed model.
    Step 7-Both animations should be the same frame length so in PSA you can go to the subaction you want to edit and simply put:
      -Generate Article: #
      -Set Anchored Article Action:
         -Parameter 1: Article #
         -Parameter 2: AnimationData #
         -Parameter 3: True (set this parameter to "boolean")
    For information on the above code see here:
    Step 8-Test in game and see if it works, if it doesn't you did something wrong  not impressed

Proof-of-Concept:
    War transforms mid-battle to engage Lucas in Chaos Form

Note: I chose not to write this tutorial before because I DO NOT want to answer a [censored]ton of questions on visibility bones and such techniques, if you have a question RESEARCH IT and if you still have one RESEARCH SOME MORE  Im srs here then if you still have a question PM SOMEBODY ELSE but then if you're still confused I'll help you  Smiley
    -Omni

im doing something like that with MK cape and putting pokemons in there xD and they will be one slot so each trainer has their own

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #416 on: November 08, 2012, 05:20:52 PM »

Look at what I found.

And it's under the Face limit. =D

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #417 on: November 08, 2012, 06:00:48 PM »

Look at what I found.

Oh hell yeah
    -Omni

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #418 on: November 09, 2012, 02:33:57 AM »

Look at what I found.

i have that game i was part of the beta xD and i pre oerdered it so i have the raptor skin so you play primal carnage kjp? they have some sick models the pteranodon is my favorite char and looks badass

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #419 on: November 09, 2012, 02:46:14 AM »

i have that game i was part of the beta xD and i pre oerdered it so i have the raptor skin so you play primal carnage kjp? they have some sick models the pteranodon is my favorite char and looks badass
    I do not have Primal Carnage. I want it though. But I got the model from garrysmod.org.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages:  1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 137
    Print
    Jump to: