WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: PervyMan Trigger on August 22, 2013, 03:23:28 AM
Well thanks everyone. Glad to know the hard work is paying offThis string took me about three in a half-four days. Cant remember, I did the first punch a month ago and didn't finish it till now. I could do it much faster but, ya know, brawlbox dosen't use ik handels so i gotta position the feet on every [censored]ing frame

Wow, the detail in that is very impressive. Were you working on a Luffy PSA? (Was the Luffy over Marth PSA that was already out your handy work?)

@Tabuu: I'd be happy to beta test sometime. Just keep me posted ^_^


August 23, 2013, 12:49:51 AM #871 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 12:50:45 AM by Tabuu Forte Akugun
KJP, I need you for a second again. D: I can't figure out how to subtract a variable damage. D:

Anyway, if I can finish the Specials, and soon, I might release the King Cold beta earlier. ;) I just got done finishing his CSPs and stock icons, and I'm finishing up the readme and some moves.

And...

Quote from: Keromonkey on August 22, 2013, 04:00:03 AM
@Tabuu: I'd be happy to beta test sometime. Just keep me posted ^_^

I'll keep a list of beta testers in my folder. Thanks, Kero. ;)

Quote from: PervyMan Trigger on August 21, 2013, 08:40:56 PM
Well you know what they say
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

looks great but landing could be a bit better leg looks odd anyways, what happens if hes hit from behind in the midddle of an attack? does he have an animation for pulling his arms and legs back or will it just pop back? cuz idk if u can make him pull his arms and legs back in when hes hit so thats one thing i was curious about

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 12:49:51 AM
KJP, I need you for a second again. D: I can't figure out how to subtract a variable damage. D:
You mean like a healing move? Use the Add/Subtract Damage command for that.

Or is it for your counter attack? If so, then click where it says "Scalar". A dropdown box should appear.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglyBouncingTits on August 23, 2013, 02:39:16 PM
You mean like a healing move? Use the Add/Subtract Damage command for that.

Or is it for your counter attack? If so, then click where it says "Scalar". A dropdown box should appear.

I did that. And yes, it's for my counter. But the damage won't heal. D:

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 02:54:25 PMI did that. And yes, it's for my counter. But the damage won't heal. D:
Did you use the variables from Waluigi's counter?

Though you can try using the counter coding from Dragon Yoshi.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I used the exact same variable. Actually, the code is like this:

Basic Variable Set: LA-Basic[101] = IC-Basic[2] (Current damage, right?)
Basic Variable Subtract: LA-Basic[101] - LA-Basic[100] (The damage before he was hit stored here
Basic Variable Subtract: LA-Basic[101] - 1
Add/Subtract Damage: LA-Basic[101]

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 04:09:08 PM
I used the exact same variable. Actually, the code is like this:

Basic Variable Set: LA-Basic[101] = IC-Basic[2] (Current damage, right?)
Basic Variable Subtract: LA-Basic[101] - LA-Basic[100] (The damage before he was hit stored here
Basic Variable Subtract: LA-Basic[101] - 1
Add/Subtract Damage: LA-Basic[101]
Alright.

So what happens? Does it deal self damage? Or does it do nothing?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglyBouncingTits on August 23, 2013, 05:28:50 PM
Alright.

So what happens? Does it deal self damage? Or does it do nothing?

It does absolutely nothing. I was  thinking it was because it doesn't know whether or not it subtracts or adds, but if that was the error it wouldn't work on yours either.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 06:36:57 PMIt does absolutely nothing. I was  thinking it was because it doesn't know whether or not it subtracts or adds, but if that was the error it wouldn't work on yours either.
So I see.

Try to see if you can play around with it some more.

If you can't get it to work, then I guess I can take a whack at it.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

It's the strangest thing, because everything else works. It's like it just ignores the code...

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 06:41:20 PM
It's the strangest thing, because everything else works. It's like it just ignores the code...
make sure the code isnt on the last animation frame since most of the time they get ignored if on the last frame
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

August 23, 2013, 08:11:21 PM #882 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:25:30 PM by Tabuu Forte Akugun
Quote from: Carnage on August 23, 2013, 07:41:24 PM
make sure the code isnt on the last animation frame since most of the time they get ignored if on the last frame

It's right at the beginning of the animation. ;)

EDIT: I might have figured it out. I'll test it and edit this post with the results.

August 24, 2013, 04:26:51 AM #883 Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 04:29:30 AM by A Bloody Canadian
SSBB Hacks - Gunslinger Samus v1.0 Progress

New Jab, and Aerial Down Special has more use...

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2013, 08:11:21 PM
It's right at the beginning of the animation. ;)

EDIT: I might have figured it out. I'll test it and edit this post with the results.
You can always use the Add/Subtract Damage event and set the damage to a variable and then use a seperate subroutine to govern the variable and what you specifically want it to do.
-Omni