WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Edited the Wait animation from earlier



Forgot to make the fist form during the animation, but that's an easy fix. I think I should fix the arm a bit, but it's a minor inconvenience. Will work on the Attack11 again.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

it almost looks like he's slapping himself... i think the "quick" part, is WAY too quick...

If this is a wait1, his non-weapon arm should just kind of hang by his side. The motion it has right now looks out of place

PSN:Undead_Baan
My Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/channel/DrunkenRussianGaming
Contains Hacks,Naruto Storm stuff, and other [censored]
Current projects being worked on:Smash 4 Cloud,Gintok Sakata,Shishio Makoto,Deidara,Kenpachi Remake,Ryuko Matoi, Grimmjow, Hollow Ichigo V2

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on June 29, 2014, 11:31:46 AM
it almost looks like he's slapping himself... i think the "quick" part, is WAY too quick...

I'm going to use psa to slow it down to at least half. That and like I said, he'll lake a fist before the fast part.

Quote from: Kokuto Sanageyama on June 29, 2014, 03:15:38 PM
If this is a wait1, his non-weapon arm should just kind of hang by his side. The motion it has right now looks out of place

Its his wait2.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Zed on June 29, 2014, 05:21:14 PM
I'm going to use psa to slow it down to at least half.

Small rant about "I'll fix it in PSA"
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Animation Feedback
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: TheShyGuy on June 29, 2014, 06:51:56 PM
Small rant about "I'll fix it in PSA"
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


All of my animations that I make in Maya end up faster in BBox, so I've just resorted to using PSA to slow the problematic ones down. It isn't a big deal to slow it down in Maya (just need to do a bit of math, honestly).

But I'm not willing to invest time on making the animation, importing it to BBox, finding that it's too fast, going back in Maya and then slowing it down, and reimporting it to BBox when I have the rest of the MotionEtc to get through (I want to change some misc animations as well), plus redoing most (if not all) of the coding. When the solution is 1 line of code that doesn't have the possibility of breaking ANYTHING, then I'm going to use it.

Quote
Animation Feedback
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I haven't finished the Wait1 (all the ones I made weren't to my liking at all). I'll probably redo the frames right before and during the flick, I don't know why the arm spasms so much (for some reason, whenever I import animations into BBox, some of the animations will have unnecessary HipN movement, which is easy to change, but odd).


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Zed on June 29, 2014, 07:27:51 PM
All of my animations that I make in Maya end up faster in BBox, so I've just resorted to using PSA to slow the problematic ones down. It isn't a big deal to slow it down in Maya (just need to do a bit of math, honestly).

-_- Have you checked the frame rate of your scene in Maya? By default it's 24FPS like a film. You need to change it to 60FPS in the settings BEFORE you start animating. Smash bros. runs at 60FPS, as do many games.

Using FSM isn't always a good option on common actions because it may effect the responsiveness of your characters' controls.

June 29, 2014, 10:10:17 PM #1432 Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 10:11:17 PM by Zed
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on June 29, 2014, 07:38:46 PM
-_- Have you checked the frame rate of your scene in Maya? By default it's 24FPS like a film. You need to change it to 60FPS in the settings BEFORE you start animating. Smash bros. runs at 60FPS, as do many games.

Yeah, it's at 60 fps. Either that or there's some other setting that wasn't in your image that I forgot to change.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

June 29, 2014, 10:18:18 PM #1433 Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 10:20:43 PM by TheShyGuy
Playblast it with Maya to see how fast the animation really is instead of Playbacking it in the program which isn't reliable.

Right Click on the timeline -> Playblast
Make sure the playblast settings are correct -> [ ]

*Don't use the .gif format for playblasting.  That setting is just to set the image type per frame. Instead use something like PNG

Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 30, 2014, 04:12:38 PMLeft.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Right.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

The foot slide is awkward. Something that size should have to actually step the front foot across in order to make such an attack. (Something more human-sized and human-balanced could probably simply slide the front foot.) Also, the rear foot shouldn't slide at all. It should simply twist in place.

Although, I should mention that if you follow my suggestion about stepping with the front foot first, the move as a whole becomes a lot laggier on the startup.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

Quote from: JamietheAuraUser on July 01, 2014, 07:55:35 PM
The foot slide is awkward. Something that size should have to actually step the front foot across in order to make such an attack. (Something more human-sized and human-balanced could probably simply slide the front foot.) Also, the rear foot shouldn't slide at all. It should simply twist in place.

Although, I should mention that if you follow my suggestion about stepping with the front foot first, the move as a whole becomes a lot laggier on the startup.
Well this is a fast paced game, so I can get away with some unrealistic movements. Though I can try to make the left leg take a step when preforming the whip.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

http://youtu.be/fNoXLRXIXx0

I sure love module hacking
Stupid Tinypic :C

You got Final Smash articles to load outside the Final Smash without crashing? o.O
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfChaos on July 04, 2014, 03:04:11 PM
You got Final Smash articles to load outside the Final Smash without crashing? o.O
Nah, I got the camera control from the light arrow to work on her standard B attack if you hit a opponent
Stupid Tinypic :C