WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I swear to god, all the gifs I make are waaay too big. Then I resize it so that it can be uploaded, and then they turn up tiny.



custom rigged tentacles for my Dark Link PSA, I wanted to see if they would animate the way I wanted to, and fortunately they do.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: KingOfChaos on July 06, 2014, 11:30:45 PM
1.) Upload to an image hosting website. Ex: http://imgur.com/
2.) Copy the BCC Code url.
3.) Paste it in this thread.
4.) Profit.

It can't be any easier. ._.

Well fudge me
Pm if you want to add me on 3ds
My fc is 0018 2359 9048

Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on July 08, 2014, 03:24:18 AM
Finally finished re-animating her aerials
[spoiler]
B-Air

U-Air

D-Air

F-Air

N-Air


The N-Air and the F-Air are kinda rough because they were frustrating me very much, so I settled for that. Luma attacks differently in her Down and back aerial attacks. Where Rosalina doesn't cover, Luma does. Oh, and I made the Saturnian Ring and animated it!


This looks really smooth! You made a great job with them!
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

July 10, 2014, 09:44:30 PM #1459 Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 09:49:32 PM by SonicBrawler
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

That is absolutely frickin' amazing. I love it!

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."



I'd like a lot of critiquing on the run animation.

I also realize that I messed up a keyframe near the end of the run.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

All I can think of is toe movement... lol...

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on July 12, 2014, 08:59:11 PM
All I can think of is toe movement... lol...

I didn't add the toe to the control rig in maya. I'll be sure to fix it.

Anything else?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I forgot this thread existsed, so I should probably post some GIFs here as well... lol...

Getting back into the hacking scene by making another Update to Gunslinger Samus. Decided to revamp her animations, as well as make new attacks for her.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

@Zed
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


@Bloody
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Backflip
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


3rd animation
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm tired of typing =/.  I'll give more crits later or tomoro. I got things to do lol


Run Animation

- I did have some torso and hip rotation in there. You suggesting I add more?

- That does kinda make sense... lol...

Backflip

- There is actually 5 Frames of Startup before doing the actual flip. Yes it's for a dodge, so I can't do much about it there.

- Her back was arched back during the flip. Though it did not bend forward at any point. I'll probably change it at some point.

- After thinking about it, I think you're right on that point. I do lose some of that leg movement I initially wanted though... lol...

Side Tilt

- My only excuse to this was that I honestly don't know where else the arm should go... lol... Maybe the other side of the leg would be a better option... lol... Upon me frame by framing it, I found that the arm clipped through the leg as well... lol...

- That was just pure laziness on my part... lol.

- Momentum and velocity are things I should take more into consideration... lol...

Quote from: TheShyGuy on July 13, 2014, 01:24:10 AM
-His feet go through the ground

DOH!

Quote
-Needs hip/pelvis movement along with a little shoulder movement.  They're stiff

Definitely will do.

Quote
-around the time he hits the edge of the floor it looks like he tilted sideways away from the camera. His front leg also pops/jerks too.

I... don't quite follow

Quote
-your knee animations are wrong I think.  When you run, the lower legs stay back for a while and swing forward at a point (check out some runnings references)

I was using a running reference. Specifically, this one: http://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/thumbs/0e/b7/animation-0eb7aa35da77b2bc02f6a5db26b57b67_h.jpg?ts=93246

Quote
-I personally think he bounces up and down too much. It seemed like you were going for lower sheik type of run. If you are, his upper body needs to be lower and more forward/off balanced

I wasn't going for a low run. Although I might consider it.

Quote
-The animation is very linear.  There's no easing.  Things stop and go abruptly.

Explanation on this would be awesome.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote-The animation is very linear.  There's no easing.  Things stop and go abruptly.
QuoteExplanation on this would be awesome.

What he's saying is like... Say for example, you have a ball with a tail. The ball stops but because of Physics, The Tail is lighter, and wants to keep going. The animation term for this is called Overshooting. Before an action goes to it's rest position, it would overshoot, and go a bit farther before transitioning back to it's next position.

Yeah what Bloody Canadian said.  For example, take a look at link's back foot when it goes from "going back" to "coming  forward".

Quote
I was using a running reference.---
The issue with using non-real references is that you'll also be inheriting/using/referencing any issues it has. 

____

@Bloody

Quote
- I did have some torso and hip rotation in there. You suggesting I add more?

Yeahp

For the side tilt, add some recoil coming from the gun.  It'll make the animation more interesting..and make a bit more sense since she's shooting it.   Actually think about adding shot recoil to all of the animations that shoot.  It seems like that's the main thing missing from them.