Super Sawndz!

Started by agoaj, July 16, 2012, 05:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Amarythe on November 19, 2013, 01:24:55 PM
Shoot, sorry I accidentally ignored your question, haha.
It uses .sawnd files, something I've never heard of before. 0_o But it CREATES them for you, so don't worry. You also need to go into your "pf" folder on your SD and create a new folder there called "sfx", as that's where the files go.

No problem. But uh, what audio files can it make .sawnd files from? .wav? .ogg? .mp3?

Quote from: Uikri on November 20, 2013, 05:58:50 AM
No problem. But uh, what audio files can it make .sawnd files from? .wav? .ogg? .mp3?
.brsar only
sawnd files contain more than one "wav file" at once, when you make sawnd files you are making a pack, not individual wavs for the game

November 29, 2013, 08:55:47 AM #182 Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 10:40:49 PM by RevenantGenesis
Hey i'm having a problem while trying to make .sawnd files. When I click Create .sawnd after selecting the character I want to make the .sawnd file for it gives me this message.

Sawndz 0.12
2010-2011 Jaklub
special thanks to mastkalo, ssbbtailsfan, stickman, VILE
Incorrect number of arguments.
sawndcreate command requires 1 argument.
group id

and I cant seem to get anything other than this no matter what I try.

Post Merge: November 29, 2013, 10:40:49 PM

I hate to post merge but I am also having a problem with inserting .wav files into the brsar.
When I try I get this message

Inserting wav 005.wav

sndconv.exe v1.2
Sound converter for Dolphin AX sound player.
Copyright 2001 Nintendo Technology Development, Inc.

.
Sawndz 0.12
2010-2011 Jaklub
special thanks to mastkalo, ssbbtailsfan, stickman, VILE
Incorrect number of arguments.
insert command requires 4 arguments.
group id
collection id
wave id
frequency
looping (0 - not loop, any other - loop)

I saw on this topic someone got a message similar to this, and someone said to download the new Sawndz, but I've tried the latest two versions and I get the same message with both. 


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Quote from: RevenantGenesis on November 29, 2013, 08:55:47 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

THIS. SO HARD. What could be causing this? The program just won't create the .sawnd. Could I be missing a file? I have:

- dsptool.dll
- empty.wav
- readme.txt
- sawndz.exe
- the brsar file I'm using
- sndconv.exe
- soundfile.dll
- Super Sawndz.exe
Is it just me, or are the people of Unova extremely generous?


makebnk.exe
pytgon27.dll
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 08, 2013, 09:55:35 PM
makebnk.exe
pytgon27.dll

I'm not sure where to get those files, are they in a specific version of Sawndz?


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

I'm using Super Sawndz v. 1.0.1 (which you can get from BrawlVault). When I downloaded it, it didn't come with those two files SonicBrawler listed, but it's able to import .wav files and create .sawnd files just fine. I just have the files that the readme.txt said to have.

What isn't creating .sawnd files for me though is the Super Sawndz mod from this thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=61460.0
I try to create a .sawnd file and nothing happens, nothing shows up in the folder I save it in. They're not invisible either. They were simply never created.

So, as far as I know, don't use the Super Sawndz from that thread. Use the one off of Brawl Vault, get the required files from the readme, and everything will be fine. If you've been using the regular one this whole time and it hasn't been working, then I don't know what to say. :/

December 09, 2013, 08:05:41 PM #187 Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:36:27 PM by Mewcario
WHOOMP THERE IT IS

...I fixed the problem. RevenantGenesis, here's the fix.

Open your folder where Super Sawndz was saved; the .zip should have also included the original sawndz.exe. Do you get an error saying that a file is missing from your computer? If so, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). Chances are, you'll be missing a few files, and this pack contains all the ones you'll need.

The problem was that I didn't have all the Microsoft Visual C++ files on my computer that Sawndz, as a program, needed in order to run. Sawndz wasn't even running, so naturally, no .sawnd was being created.

Maybe this should be added to the first post? Seems like a couple people here and there had (have?) the same issue.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


ORIGINAL PROBLEM FOLLOW-UP (solved, of course)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Is it just me, or are the people of Unova extremely generous?


im new to brawl hacking and i got just about everything else down pack except the sawnd program and super sawndz...on super sawndz my toon link sounds like young link but in the game he sounds like plain old toon link same with sephiroth over marth and goku over pit please help me with a video or some type of better instrutions anybody

Quote from: agoaj on July 16, 2012, 05:20:45 AM I was thinking about calling this Sawndz 64 but it works on 32 bit as well! This is a c# wrapper for Jaklub's sawndz program. I've added the ability to
  • Browse wav ids
  • Preview sounds
  • Select a .brsar file from anywhere to edit
  • Shows file size of sounds and groups. Turns red to notify you size is over 0xDDDDD
This doesn't come with sndconv.exe/dsptool.dll/soundfile.dll to convert .wav files, but it can use them if you put them in the folder. It also has some of the same stability problems as before(maybe some new ones!) so remember to back up your .brsar. Size limit of 0xDDDDD only matters for most characters, but coloring applies for all.
When i replace sound effects sometimes other soundeffects get deleted. Is there any way i need to verify what the effects are going over?

December 11, 2013, 07:41:04 PM #190 Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:55:45 PM by RevenantGenesis
Quote from: Mewcario on December 09, 2013, 08:05:41 PM
WHOOMP THERE IT IS

...I fixed the problem. RevenantGenesis, here's the fix.

Open your folder where Super Sawndz was saved; the .zip should have also included the original sawndz.exe. Do you get an error saying that a file is missing from your computer? If so, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). Chances are, you'll be missing a few files, and this pack contains all the ones you'll need.

The problem was that I didn't have all the Microsoft Visual C++ files on my computer that Sawndz, as a program, needed in order to run. Sawndz wasn't even running, so naturally, no .sawnd was being created.

Maybe this should be added to the first post? Seems like a couple people here and there had (have?) the same issue.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


ORIGINAL PROBLEM FOLLOW-UP (solved, of course)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Awesome thank you so much, I'm gonna try this out right now and see how it goes.


EDIT: Works perfectly for me, thanks again.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

December 21, 2013, 07:24:13 PM #191 Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 07:26:16 PM by Red6095
Is anyone else getting this error?
QuoteSelect File->Open BRSAR to begin.
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Índice fuera de los límites de la matriz.
   en BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.RWSDNode.OnPopulate()
   en BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.get_Children()
   en BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.FindChild(String path, Boolean searchChildren)
   en BrawlSoundConverter.brsar.LoadTreeView(TreeView treeView)
   en BrawlSoundConverter.Form1.loadTreeView()
I don't know what it could be, I searched through all the thread and I found nothing. Any help, please? It appears right after I open the .BRSAR :/
Also after that whenever I open the program it shows the same error without even asking me to open anything. I tried running it with admin. powers and with WXP compatibility pack 3, 2 and W7 and nothing.
I have Windows 8, but it did work before, now it just won't for some reason.

Also I DO have the three files from the original sawndz: sndconv.exe, soundfile.dll and dsptool.dll. So that's not the problem this time.
I have no imagination enough to think of a signature :<


Quote from: Red6095 on December 21, 2013, 07:24:13 PM
Is anyone else getting this error?I don't know what it could be, I searched through all the thread and I found nothing. Any help, please? It appears right after I open the .BRSAR :/
Also after that whenever I open the program it shows the same error without even asking me to open anything. I tried running it with admin. powers and with WXP compatibility pack 3, 2 and W7 and nothing.
I have Windows 8, but it did work before, now it just won't for some reason.

Also I DO have the three files from the original sawndz: sndconv.exe, soundfile.dll and dsptool.dll. So that's not the problem this time.
If Super Sawndz crashed/freezed when you replaced something (like when I tried to replace Lucario sounds with those from Project Melee Mewtwo), it always happens. If you had a backup of the .BRSAR, just open it and try to replace sounds again.

Well, it seems that my BRSAR was corrupt. I redownloaded it and then no problem. Sorry. Dx
I have no imagination enough to think of a signature :<