Cinematic Final Smashes - Pokemon Trainer

Started by ABloodyCanadian, July 30, 2012, 06:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Meta Knight on hold. Who's next?

Ness
Pit
Wario
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Falco
Pokemon Trainer
King Dedede
Mr.Game&Watch
Wolf
Fox
Toon Link
Quote from: Azure_Shadow on August 17, 2012, 05:04:59 AM
'Kay. It might take a while (several days) though- everything suddenly got busy. :srs:

I'll be sure to give you credit...

I am having some problems with Sheik and Zelda...

The other ones all work great and look amazing.
As for Sheik and Zelda... they pull out the arrow, while zoomed in on them, but do not shoot anything. It seems like the arrow is trying to fire, but is stuck or something. At pointblank range, the arrow does 3% (ish) and gives the lagged knockback, but with pretty much no distance.

In case it matters, I am using Riivolution (Though all of my other ones work, and I've had mods on Zelda before)
Current PSA:
Colette Brunel
PSA
Vertex

Needing Animators/Vertex Hackers. I'm new to PSAs and have no clue how to do anything :( (If someone could teach me, that would also be great!)

Quote from: CascadeHope on August 17, 2012, 10:34:51 PM
I am having some problems with Sheik and Zelda...

The other ones all work great and look amazing.
As for Sheik and Zelda... they pull out the arrow, while zoomed in on them, but do not shoot anything. It seems like the arrow is trying to fire, but is stuck or something. At pointblank range, the arrow does 3% (ish) and gives the lagged knockback, but with pretty much no distance.

In case it matters, I am using Riivolution (Though all of my other ones work, and I've had mods on Zelda before)

I've used Riivolution before, and I remembered that some characters don't have support for FitMotionEtc.pac files when used. I remember Zelda being one of those characters. Probably the same case for Shiek too.

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on August 17, 2012, 11:25:10 PM
I've used Riivolution before, and I remembered that some characters don't have support for FitMotionEtc.pac files when used. I remember Zelda being one of those characters. Probably the same case for Shiek too.
actually, they are supported. they're just in a different location.

Quote from: Anonymous on August 17, 2012, 11:33:22 PM
actually, they are supported. they're just in a different location.

Well I used the one with the Gecko Setup so I probably don't know this. Please do tell what it is.

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on August 17, 2012, 11:35:12 PM
Well I used the one with the Gecko Setup so I probably don't know this. Please do tell what it is.
I think it's Common.pac.

August 18, 2012, 08:58:32 AM #231 Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 01:47:24 PM by CascadeHope
Quote from: Anonymous on August 17, 2012, 11:33:22 PM
actually, they are supported. they're just in a different location.

Is this also why I can't place any Sheik or ZSS PSAs into folders without getting it to freeze when I select them?

Also, where is the common.pac file, and is that the exact name?

Edit: Found the common.pac and modded the file. Not sure if it answers about my Sheik and ZSS PSAs yet though.

Edit 2: Nevermind... Still doesn't work properly, and has the same problem as before. Guess I'll probably just have to leave out Zelda/Sheik + Samus/ZSS in the zoomins.
Current PSA:
Colette Brunel
PSA
Vertex

Needing Animators/Vertex Hackers. I'm new to PSAs and have no clue how to do anything :( (If someone could teach me, that would also be great!)

The FitZelda and FitSheik pac files go in their respective folders from /fighter

The fitmotions are put in the common.pac and in the same folder as the fitxxxxx.pac.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

^ What he said. You have to do both, if my understanding is correct. ^

Also, I've been playing with adding external GFX (Sonic's Chaos Emerald). I was able to add an effect, but when I tried it I ended up with a black-and-white runtrace, so I'm not sure if it just rearranged the GFX or if I still don't know what I'm doing.
I'm going to be gone for a couple days and then College starts, but I still can't see this as taking too long to figure out. Once I do, I'll PM you the file.
In the meantime, if everyone's too impatient to wait for a week (or two if things are much more complicated than I imagined), maybe working on another character first would keep the streak going until I finish the new .pac file.
Now available in blue.

Quote from: Azure_Shadow on August 18, 2012, 03:44:09 PM
^ What he said. You have to do both, if my understanding is correct. ^

Also, I've been playing with adding external GFX (Sonic's Chaos Emerald). I was able to add an effect, but when I tried it I ended up with a black-and-white runtrace, so I'm not sure if it just rearranged the GFX or if I still don't know what I'm doing.
I'm going to be gone for a couple days and then College starts, but I still can't see this as taking too long to figure out. Once I do, I'll PM you the file.
In the meantime, if everyone's too impatient to wait for a week (or two if things are much more complicated than I imagined), maybe working on another character first would keep the streak going until I finish the new .pac file.

Alright then. I guess I'll start a poll then.


Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 18, 2012, 02:17:06 PM
The FitZelda and FitSheik pac files go in their respective folders from /fighter

The fitmotions are put in the common.pac and in the same folder as the fitxxxxx.pac.

Currently, I have the files in question set up as follows:

root/brawlmods/custom2/Fighter/Zelda
- FitZelda.pac
- FitZelda[01-04].pac & .pcs
- FitZeldaFinal.pac
- FitZeldaMotionEtc.pac

root/brawlmods/custom2/System
- common.pac
- common3.pac
- ef_common.pac

In the common.pac, I have opened it with brawlbox , right clicked the FitZeldaMotionEtc.pac, and replaced it with the same one that is inside  the Zelda folder.

Still doing the same thing...
Is my common.pac in the wrong folder?
Current PSA:
Colette Brunel
PSA
Vertex

Needing Animators/Vertex Hackers. I'm new to PSAs and have no clue how to do anything :( (If someone could teach me, that would also be great!)

Quote from: CascadeHope on August 18, 2012, 07:50:11 PM
Currently, I have the files in question set up as follows:

root/brawlmods/custom2/Fighter/Zelda
- FitZelda.pac
- FitZelda[01-04].pac & .pcs
- FitZeldaFinal.pac
- FitZeldaMotionEtc.pac

root/brawlmods/custom2/System
- common.pac
- common3.pac
- ef_common.pac

In the common.pac, I have opened it with brawlbox , right clicked the FitZeldaMotionEtc.pac, and replaced it with the same one that is inside  the Zelda folder.

Still doing the same thing...
Is my common.pac in the wrong folder?

I think it'd be safe to apply the changes to both the FitMotionEtc.pac and the FitCharacter.pac files.

Hey I had a small idea for Captain Falcon's Cinematic Final Smash (if you take ideas that is. Otherwise that's fine)

Do you think that it would be possible to make it sorta based on this scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw

I'm not expecting a perfect recreation though if you like my idea. Just something based on that.

Side note: Can't wait for when you do Sonic and Pokémon Trainer in the future.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on August 18, 2012, 08:27:49 PM
I think it'd be safe to apply the changes to both the FitMotionEtc.pac and the FitCharacter.pac files.

Can you elaborate on what exactly you mean?
Current PSA:
Colette Brunel
PSA
Vertex

Needing Animators/Vertex Hackers. I'm new to PSAs and have no clue how to do anything :( (If someone could teach me, that would also be great!)