Black Out Line working Tutorial (UMVC3,TVC, Okami)

Started by Nasca Corp, August 05, 2012, 02:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hi, this is a tutorial to get the outline works on Brawl Models imports
Important :
This works fine with low poly models, works with high poly models, but may be cause lag

So Lets start:

First than all you need  your model totally rigged:


Now, clone the polygons that you want to give the effect, in this case i dont want the effect over the ness bat



Now asing a black texture for all new polygons:




Press alt + x and aling the cloned polygons with the original polygons:


Now go to modifier (only with the polygons cloned selected) and return to "edit mesh" in the tab:



If this message appers click on YES


Now we need to make the cloned polygons more bigger than the original polygons, the space between one and other will be the black line:



After finish, in the Edit mesh tab, click on the modiffier and click on "Normals"



And click on "Flip Normals"




Now export as a dae, import on brawl box, preview and.....



And that's all

Hope this help someone :D!








cool

what about the cull mode in brawlbox for the materials?
do we have to set it  on cull outside for the "black" polygons?

Don't the extra set of polygons in black add more to the model's filesize as a whole? I'd think it'd near doubling it.

Quote from: SmashClash on August 06, 2012, 03:14:52 AM
Don't the extra set of polygons in black add more to the model's filesize as a whole? I'd think it'd near doubling it.
not unless its a low poly model, and if its high, use ProOptimizer ;D
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on August 06, 2012, 04:09:53 AM
not unless its a low poly model, and if its high, use ProOptimizer ;D
I know. Well I guess I won't use this tut. Besides BlackJax said he knew what shader to give a model an outline.

Quote from: SmashClash on August 06, 2012, 08:18:47 PM
I know. Well I guess I won't use this tut. Besides BlackJax said he knew what shader to give a model an outline.

ha! that is madness...


Quote from: mr.mugenwii on August 05, 2012, 07:15:26 PM
cool

what about the cull mode in brawlbox for the materials?
do we have to set it  on cull outside for the "black" polygons?

I dont edit nothing materials in brawl box and works good:

mmm... gracias we esto sin lugar a dudas me servira para mis personajes del puyo puyo! owo/

Today I was looking at Toon Kirby shader
it doesnt use double polygons to make the outline
but the textures do include a thick black outline and the materials call for the textures to rotate with the camera

i have yet to try these shaders out but ill report if they work like black jax mentioned...


Quote from: Mr.MW on February 14, 2013, 07:27:10 PM
Today I was looking at Toon Kirby shader
it doesnt use double polygons to make the outline
but the textures do include a thick black outline and the materials call for the textures to rotate with the camera

i have yet to try these shaders out but ill report if they work like black jax mentioned...

Favor gigante que me  harias si lo haces funcionar!!

Any way to do this in blender?
I don't use 3ds,as it isn't free

Currently Working On: 80s anime Mario pack (which uses clips from Yamcha, Seiya and the anime version of Mario from the Great Mission to rescue Princess Peach)