(FilePatch3.5.3)Update

Started by Don Jon Bravo, October 07, 2012, 02:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

So it probably won't work I'll just use brawl- codes.Anyway nice work on this code. :)

Wait so your saying I could add those 3 without replacements?If so how?

basically it adds 3 more characters to the roster, but its borrowing them from another roster.

Quote from: Mr.MW on August 25, 2013, 07:48:50 PM
i dont think that would work
it could work using the double gct method, i would have to edit it though
this could give u a whole different brawl, even new css layouts
but i dont think its too benificial as u probably will get glitches when fighting players from different rosters;
unless ur willing to stay one roster...

by the way i have figured out how to add the forbidden 3 to your character roster
(mewtwo, dr. mario, roy)

oh you ahve dr mairo added? i have knuckles.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

That sounds interesting,can I use it now?Or is it not ready to released to the public.

Mr. MW actually told me about his idea over skype a few days ago.. but im not sure if it will even work.. anyways, what his idea was is to use the independent pokemon loader, and change it up to where it can load 3 new folders (i think), and it'll load (as he says), Roy, Mewtwo, and Dr. Mario instead of Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard since u can just use the pokemon trainer for those. if he's able to get that to work, then who knows about the sheik and ZSS css slots to replace the other missing chars ._.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

August 26, 2013, 12:02:57 PM #245 Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:04:05 PM by Mr.MW
well even if i wanted to replace the other missing characters, there arent any psa's out there
for those :/
and the last one is unknown.
Quote from: Jade_Rock on August 26, 2013, 02:22:42 AM
That sounds interesting,can I use it now?Or is it not ready to released to the public.
not ready

i want to add those 3 to my css :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

currently im looking into adding more csps to the sc_selcharacter

i actually did a test where i added more csps
for ex
menselecb620.brres
menselecb621.brres
etc. and the game didnt freeze.
now i just need to find the code to link em to a "clone" player
could take a while
but for the 3 extra characters
its just a matter of testing n stuff

Quote from: Mr.MW on August 26, 2013, 10:26:30 PM
currently im looking into adding more csps to the sc_selcharacter

i actually did a test where i added more csps
for ex
menselecb620.brres
menselecb621.brres
etc. and the game didnt freeze.
now i just need to find the code to link em to a "clone" player
could take a while
but for the 3 extra characters
its just a matter of testing n stuff
Theoretically (I haven't tested this), you should be able to add as many portraits as you have space for. So long as you don't hit the file-size limit, I think you should be fine.

I think ASF1nk would know something about pointing portraits to specific places. You can check the Extra Character Slot thread for info on this (to some degree at least).
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

you can lower existing portraits to cmpr and you can double the space on the css file M.MW
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

you could probably get some info by asking mew2k or liberterny as well for adding CSP's. i'd imagine it would be the same as what they did for the stage expansion roster. you would just need to know the character values to point them to.

August 29, 2013, 02:23:36 AM #251 Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:13:44 PM by Mr.MW
Quote from: Shun_One on August 27, 2013, 02:47:08 AM
Theoretically (I haven't tested this), you should be able to add as many portraits as you have space for. So long as you don't hit the file-size limit, I think you should be fine.

I think ASF1nk would know something about pointing portraits to specific places. You can check the Extra Character Slot thread for info on this (to some degree at least).
yea ive lurked in there
Quote from: Carnage on August 27, 2013, 10:58:27 PM
you can lower existing portraits to cmpr and you can double the space on the css file M.MW
I think i have one as low as 2.7 mb with cmpr portraits
max is 3.7mb
Quote from: Sirkura on August 28, 2013, 04:55:22 PM
you could probably get some info by asking mew2k or liberterny as well for adding CSP's. i'd imagine it would be the same as what they did for the stage expansion roster. you would just need to know the character values to point them to.
yea except those codes are full of assembly, which means its just jevirish and it makes it hard to read the method they took.
I would have to start an assembly code from the very start
merci beaucoup

istillremembermyfrench!


Quote from: Mr.MW on September 10, 2013, 04:19:09 AM
Update
Check OP.
I assume one does not need to add the RSBE code to their code-set as well?
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

So if the RSB4 folder had a WHOLE DIFFERENT set of hacks, would it load those hacks after you swapped the folders with the new File Patch Code?