Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!
Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 67
Author Topic: A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake  (Read 288564 times)
ABloodyCanadian
Ellipsis Abuser…
Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #150 on: January 22, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »

Well, I can say this PSA is almost done. Just need taunts. Though I'm not sure how to go about it yet. Having that Character Hack done would help so it gives me an idea of personality.

Also, could I get somebody else to fix the grabs for me when it's done?
    « Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:05:05 PM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

SwingSet
    Holy Kitten

taunt

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector Fiery Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #151 on: January 22, 2013, 08:33:54 PM »

If I knew how, I would love to. But I think Jrush is good at fixing grabs.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #152 on: January 22, 2013, 08:55:50 PM »

I'll contact him when it's done... unless somebody else takes the offer...

I still need a Character Hack. I contacted Mikuru (or Aphrodite) but no word of progress. Though she just got her computer back so, I'll give it time...

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• Awards Starstormer Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #153 on: January 23, 2013, 05:15:52 PM »

I recently downloaded Scarlet Fighter Zelda, and I have some feedback to give if you don't mind.

Most importantly:
    Side Special sometimes has a minor polygon explosion when it connects. It seems to be related to the starting dash, as it doesn't happen if the attack connects immediately. Also, depending on when in the dash the attack connects, the polygon explosion can happen at different points in the animation.
    Final Smash's last hit can KO at 40%. And since the total damage is 88%, I think that's a tad bit overpowered.
    And now for the minor nitpicking:
    The double kick towards the end of her Final Smash looks a little sloppy. Maybe replace it with just a single jumping front kick? I feel like that would look better. Right now, it kinda looks like she's doing the can-can. >.<
    Secondly, the pose before the Final Smash's final strike looks awkward because it freeze-frames completely.
    Thirdly, in one of her victory poses (the one you can get if you hold the Y button (gamecube controller) as the match ends) the bottom of her dress poofs out weirdly and makes her look fat.
    Fourthly, (and this is just a minor nitpick) Side Taunt is the exact same no matter which way you're facing, she always points to the left and looks in that same direction. I shouldn't have to position my character super-extra-carefully just to taunt my opponent properly. Maybe you could make a mirrored version where she faces right instead? A mirrored version of Up Taunt wouldn't hurt either, but that's not as big of an issue.
    Fifthly, her jab animation looks a bit weak. She just sort of lifts her hand up and it does 3% damage. It doesn't quite have the forceful appearance that a palm strike should. Perhaps if she drew her hand back a bit, or simply moved her arm faster and twisted her wrist the way martial artists know you're ALWAYS supposed to do for a punch (or a palm strike), it would look like it has some force behind it.
    Lastly, would it be possible to give her a rapid-jab sort of combo, even if she can't have a normal jab combo? I've seen some hacked characters where holding the A button results in a different combo than you get if you press it repeatedly. Perhaps you could add a second palm strike with her other hand and make it loop.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
    "We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #154 on: January 23, 2013, 05:30:27 PM »

Having it as my 2nd PSA, I guess fixing up sloppy animations wouldn't hurt. I don't really understand what you mean about the side special though... lol. That victory animation, I might change it entirely... lol. Side Taunt I'll leave as is (cause I think that's just fine as is.) The jab is also meant to be weak so... lol.

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #155 on: January 23, 2013, 09:27:23 PM »

For the side special, I think I said what I meant. Partway through the jump-and-heelkick animation, the polygons of her dress sometimes stretch everywhere. This doesn't always happen, and whether or not it does, as well as exactly what frame it happens on, seems to depend on what frame the hit occurs on in the initial forward dash of the move.

Having a deliberately weak move that's designed so you'll never use it is ridiculous. Plus, I wasn't complaining about the actual power of the attack, but the apparent "power" of the animation and the fact that there's no combo. I would be perfectly fine if the damage was nerfed from 3% per hit to 2% per hit as long as there's an actual combo. Besides, having a weak jab is pointless when the side tilt is faster anyway and does 11%.
    « Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 09:29:36 PM by JamietheAuraUser » Logged

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #156 on: January 23, 2013, 10:56:24 PM »

Thanks for the talk. Now if you will excuse me, I'll tell the mods to give you an award... lol.

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #157 on: January 24, 2013, 06:39:38 AM »

Um... Actually, I'd like to apologise for that second paragraph. Looking at it now, it comes across like I'm just flaming you. But yes, a combo would be appreciated, failing that the animation needs more "oomph" to it. Actually, the animation needs more "oomph" to it either way, really. And the side tilt maybe needs a very small damage nerf. Other than all of the above issues (Which actually aren't as many as they seem; for some reason, the fewer things that are wrong, the more specific I get.), that PSA is pretty darn awesome.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #158 on: January 24, 2013, 12:11:36 PM »

Oh man... I have a new Idea for my next PSA... I'm tempted to work on it due to the fact that I won't be getting a Gunslinger Samus Character hack for a while... All I'll say for now is that it's over Marth.

SwingSet
    Holy Kitten

taunt

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector Fiery Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #159 on: January 24, 2013, 06:25:45 PM »

Happy 1000 posts Bloody Candian. Cheesy

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #160 on: January 24, 2013, 06:29:05 PM »

Unrelated... BACK ON TOPIC

Mikuru (or Aphrodite) is working on the character hack. That's good to hear...

Battleon469
    Extreme Kitten

The Power.

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #161 on: January 25, 2013, 11:58:28 AM »

who is the character?

[/url]

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #162 on: January 26, 2013, 03:06:38 PM »

I might as well tell you guys what my next project is after Gunslinger Samus...

It's over Marth, and it'll be a combo based PSA where the only attacks with knockback growth are the smashes. He'll also will use up to 4 Swords, and I've come up with a Cinematic Final Smash for him already. I've imported 3 Swords for him to use (Ganondorf, Ike, and Beam Sword) as an external GFX.

Battleon469
    Extreme Kitten

The Power.

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #163 on: January 27, 2013, 03:36:16 AM »

Oh and I've got feedback for the ZSS demo 2:
    Well I really loved the gun shooting after the UP B since it helps.  The GFX is kinda  weird how its a line  and sometimes I think that the range of the attack is kinda low. I loved the Side B speed boosting but I think the running animation is kinda weird. I'm not really sure how the Down B works, (I know it changes gun but...) since when it changes I don't see (much) diffrence with the other gun. When are done with the final one I will same some Feedback for that. And one more thing.. YOUR ANIMATIONS ARE EPIC! Lol seriously other than the run which was a bit fast (in animation I mean) the rest of the animations were really good. If I had to rate it out of 10 it would be 8 / 10.

[/url]

kalebninja
    Mega Kitten

NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!

• Awards Good Citizen Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #164 on: January 28, 2013, 06:45:52 PM »

feedback for the zss gunslinger demo:the bullets dont reach far so its hard to fight and there not strong enough so i have to rely on items to beat people i also cant see the bullets so its a little wierd but other than that the psa is great i love the moves and it feels natural fighting with it

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 67
    Print
    Jump to: