A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake

Started by ABloodyCanadian, December 12, 2012, 08:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!

Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?
I've never actually played TWEWY, but Shiki attacks using that little stuffed animal thing, right? (I know it has a name, but I don't remember what the name is.)

Up Aerial could have the stuffed animal ride her on her head and make a clawing swipe upwards. Down Aerial could have the stuffed animal rocket downwards while spinning, before bouncing back up as if attached to a yo-yo.

Another idea I have for Down Aerial is for Shiki to go into a diving missile kick as the stuffed animal slams down onto her back or shoulder, forcing her to fastfall at a slight forwards angle in the direction of the kick. You could also easily swap my other Down Aerial idea for Up Aerial, having the stuffed animal go spinning upwards to hit enemies overhead before coming back down.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

I'm referring to Sprite Sheets from both the DS Game, and the Solo Remix. Maybe these'll help?

I still think you could easily make one of the aerials by having the cat thingy curl into a ball and slam upward or downward, similar to Sonic's ledge attack. Actually, now that I think about it, use that for up aerial, because I just spotted a great sprite of the cat doing a pinpoint kick that would be awesome for down aerial. Just have Shiki hold her cat thingy and slam it downward to strike the enemy with the cat's kick. (Actually, I think that's the cat's jumping animation, but it would work great for a kick too.)

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

The up air, as stated before, would probably be best for a overhead claw swipe, similar to Wolf's.

Down air can be a kick from Shiki herself, similar to Zelda's only without the magic and a tad weaker.

As for the down special, a counter may be fitting: Mr. Mew takes the hit for Shiki, and knocks them away with a counter. Actually, it IS over Peach, so maybe you could just spruce up her Neutral B attack and use that. And if that's too complicated, maybe some form oa a lazer attack? Mr. Mew bombards the stage with Lazers when she and Neku reach a level 3 pin, so probably some form of a weaker version of that.

June 21, 2013, 08:41:43 PM #379 Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:34:18 AM by A Bloody Canadian
Thanks for the ideas! I went with Dark Aura's idea for the Wolf Up Air idea. Although it'll work somewhat different. And I think Down Air would be a Meteor Smash attack. I don't think a Dive Kick would be fitting for Shiki seeing that she never does that in the game. When I finish these animations, I can start working on the hitboxes and External GFXs. Specials will be animated later.

To shut some people up, here's a video to show you that progress has actually been made!

Finally Some Progress! (Shiki Misaki PSA Update)


Now that I'm working on the hitboxes, I think I should confirm how Shiki is going to play.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on June 22, 2013, 11:30:53 PM
Now that I'm working on the hitboxes, I think I should confirm how Shiki is going to play.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Damn, that sounds unique. Liking the idea behind her. I guess that offcially makes Mr. Mew her new partner though. XD


Looks sweet dude! And I assume Mr. Mew will just be added later, right?

As for specials, Mr. Mew's lazer is still sort of an option, as well as using him for a counter... Actually, just got a sort of random idea. What if you used her phone for one of the specials? Like she takes a picture and stuns the enemy or something... Then again, I'm guessing a phone model wouldn't be that easy.

1). Yes, Mr.Mew will be added later. Already have most of his animations done already!

2). Lazer is not a bad idea... I guess I'll have it's attack power range with different levels.

3). A phone would be better suited for a Joshua PSA...

Neutral could be with that Mr Mew... Charges, and launch him on the foe, then it comes back.
As for Down, no idea...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Ugh, kinda hard to think of moves to use when Neku's the one with all the diversity... ;_;

Hrm... maybe the Down Special can be a Puck? As in the Green Aura Neku and Shiki pass around, and it gives her a temporary strength or speed boost. Maybe you can only use it when you're a higher level, so that people who don't use Final Smashes can have use for it.

That actually works! Now how am I gonna make an animation for that... lol... I'll come up with something...

Now we need a Neutral Special, and I should be set!

This one :
Quote from: DarkFire on June 23, 2013, 07:21:13 PM
Neutral could be with that Mr Mew... Charges, and launch him on the foe, then it comes back.
Or this one :
Quote from: Dark Aura on June 23, 2013, 07:12:12 PM
As for specials, Mr. Mew's lazer
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.