Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!
Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?

Pages:  1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 67
Author Topic: A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake  (Read 287145 times)
FOREVER365
Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #795 on: December 17, 2013, 12:15:09 AM »

As i promised i will tell u my experience with gss lol(its been awhile) but before i explain about gss ill let you know im a very good player and if i knew how to record videos on wii i would show you :p but i am giving you the most accurate info i could possibly give and ontop of that i actually love this hack and  use it alot so thanks for ur awesome hack, i kno i wrote a paragraph but i think you may find out what your looking for if u read it but anyways heres my review of gss and my idea for the whole grenades

playing against the original characters with gss is pretty much balanced, for the bigger characters she may have the advantage, fighting against kirby is actually very hard because of his size(jigglypuff isnt an issue because she may be the same size but is weaker than kirby by far) i have used and mastered your hack and i can say without a doubt that she has only 3 knockbacks that can truley send you off the field but takes multiple times to really knock them off, the down A with the handguns shouldnt be a hard knock back but more of an attack to smash them down the cliff, plus switching between guns isnt a problem but like i said before if its possible to switch guns in the air it will give her a better advantage opposed to not having potential easy knockback move, most of her moves can be cancled by the opponent espessially pit with his shelid and link, i think that her range is good enough but maybe just her left/right A smash attack could actually hit someone, ive encountered that gss misses so much that im forced to doing the down air A attack to get damage up but in order to do that i have to grab them, i did tweak her hit percentage for that move to give her more of a balance, personally in my opinion shes pretty well set when it comes to fighting but what i think you may be looking for is make the machine guns do little to no damage but has a way better chance of hitting someone and give her a little bit higher of a knockback with her handgun. something noticable is that if im not mistaken every attack she has sends them diagonally so when she knocks them back they can fall halfway to the cliff and use their second jump and up b to get back on the stage

her potential knockbacks with hand gun if forced(meaning keep pushing to the cliff until they die)
-air left/right back A (i had to use this attack 5-8 times to get them to die
-air up A (to b honest i barely use this move unless i find an opening but usually my attack will miss or get cancled ending up in me getting knocked down or away by them)
-air down A (it works great but its usually the second shot that actually hits them and they are able to recover quickly to hit me)
-left/right foward (was actually more effective in the previous one before you updated it but now i find it really hard to perform this attack without getting hit but it does get lucky 65% of the time, ut to me its very useless at FD because it never kills them, they would be so close to the wall its not even funny but manage to live somehow with 140 damage and counting as a continuously use the move to kill them)
-up A (yea its a great move and i use it alot but i tend to miss too much resulting in me having to avoid using it at times unless they are very close to me on the ground, but with persistance this move does get me far)
-Down A (my favorite move that has great knockback eventhough i have to get their damage to a decent 140-190 to KO them with it but guarenteed to work after that damage level)

-if all else fails with handguns i just keep giving them more damage around 180-220 to make sure they will get knockbacked far enough to fall off the stage

one thing i was stunned by was you changing her shield dodge, yes this new one is more better when it comes to avoiding but preparing me for my next move was difficult on account that she has short ranged attacks but when i used ur previous versions dodge i could slip and slide around the opponent easily giving my the chance to prepare a combo but the downfall to that (which every character needs a downfall) it also gave me a higher chance of getting hit

unfortunately against other psas (non OP and lvl 9) she is usually really close to dieing first, but i did tweak one move which was the down a air  which increased her performance against psas greatly but without it...it was way to difficult

but overall if you keep practicing with her she is very easy to play with just gotta try hard when ur fighting good players or lvl 9 comp

for the grenade idea i think maybe instead of making her own grenades which i believe u said u had issues with maybe u could use the bom-bomb and chang the model or get someone else to help make a different model and change the damage and knockback for that item, (ex: tails' psa) and when she taunts she gets the bomb or maybe the smokeball to symboloize a smoke grenade idk goodluck with that one but it really is a great idea for her to use grenades Smiley i agree with calypso on that idea but if there is a way to make the stun grenade not stun too long, maybe 3 seconds because that could become annoying

gss is a great hack and is very fun to play with btw and i like ur animations for her
keep up the good work

1-10 score (with the use of both guns)
(Handgun only)Knockbacks-5
damage%-9
recovery-10
overall-7.3

btw something that i like to use alot and deals a great amount of damage is the left/right b and then i click A when i touch the opponent i looks cool and gives decent damage Smiley

Poopcorn5
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #796 on: January 07, 2014, 05:49:52 AM »

I'm sorry if you already answered this but I've encountered a problem with GSS. It seems that her down aerial doesn't work properly ONLY in Brawl+. Instead of playing the entire animation, it instead skips to the end and only does a singular (loud) bang in machine mode. (It's completely fine in hand gun mode.) I tried this out in Project M, and it works as it should. I've made no alterations to the PSA or Motion data. I should also mentioned that use Gecko on Hackless Wii method.

If you have a fix, I'd love to know since I LOVE GSS. Or is this a problem with the Brawl+ gct?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:19:24 AM by Poopcorn5 » Logged

ABloodyCanadian
Ellipsis Abuser…
Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #797 on: January 07, 2014, 07:33:08 PM »

I'm not familiar with how Brawl+ Does things.

Okay, there hasn't been anything done as of late, I know... It's just I don't really have as much time as I used to. I've been concentrating in getting better at art, therefore, I am not really working on any PSA Hacks of the sort. I mean, I keep getting ideas, I just don't have the time, nor the motivation to do so. My excuse? Animation. As I've learned to make better ones (even though they aren't really up to some standards of other people), it's gotten tedious and time consuming for me. I just can't find myself opening BrawlBox to animate so much anymore. It somehow lost it's novelty for me. However, I still feel satisfaction for making a new PSA Hack, and even more so if it does somewhat well (Thank you GSS), It's the PSA work I don't mind doing which is essentially changing values and Events, and see how it works, and I even found amusement in troubleshooting my own problems.

Long story short, I think I'm gonna have to hire an Animator if I wanna get things done. I don't know too many people here who have free time to animate for me, but oh well...

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• Awards Starstormer Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #798 on: January 07, 2014, 08:14:28 PM »

Speaking of GSS, though:

Grounded Final Smash appears to not have intangibility. Which isn't normally an issue, unless your FS hits an explosive box or smart bomb, or you run into a spring midway through the animation.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
    "We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #799 on: January 07, 2014, 10:36:50 PM »

When you say 'hire'

What does that entail?

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #800 on: January 07, 2014, 10:42:28 PM »

I'm not paying anything mind you, lol. I just want somebody to do the animations for me, cause it's grown tedious and time consuming for me.

DrunkRussian
    Extreme Kitten

Resident Brawl Modding Weeb.

• Awards Hot Topic Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #801 on: January 08, 2014, 01:21:49 PM »

You just need to start a team like I did man
    I tried doing the animations but they weren't to your standards so I was just wasting my time

PSN:Undead_Baan
    My Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/channel/DrunkenRussianGaming
    Contains Hacks,Naruto Storm stuff, and other [censored]
    Current projects being worked on:Smash 4 Cloud,Gintok Sakata,Shishio Makoto,Deidara,Kenpachi Remake,Ryuko Matoi, Grimmjow, Hollow Ichigo V2

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #802 on: January 08, 2014, 02:02:31 PM »

I'm not paying anything mind you, lol. I just want somebody to do the animations for me, cause it's grown tedious and time consuming for me.

Same for me really, but I'm willing to trade.

You're a competent PSAer, so I'd do some animations for you if you PSA'd the stuff I don't wanna PSA. Or cant... I'm only halfway decent at it anyway.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #803 on: January 08, 2014, 02:59:34 PM »

Considering that I have 5 A/A Tutorials, maybe. But I'm still unsure as to how some people do stuff, so I still have ways to go. If what you want is within my abilities, sure.

I mean, It's not my kind of thing to make PSAs based on actual characters, and I like having more freedom as to what I make, but it's still PSA Work.
    « Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 03:03:18 PM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #804 on: January 08, 2014, 03:10:36 PM »

Your skills exceed my own, and I'm not very motivated to psa since its horribly tedious and boring.

I think we'll work out fine.

Shoot me list of stuff you need animated, and I'll shoot you a list of stuff I need PSA'd.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #805 on: January 10, 2014, 02:11:37 PM »

To anyone that wants to contribute, here's the list of things I need animated. Since it's posted on DropBox, I can update it anytime without changing the actual link!

Anyone that submits things that'll be used in the initial release will be collaborated.

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #806 on: January 10, 2014, 06:34:08 PM »

:/

You already trying to get out of owing me a favor?

At any rate, I dropped in here to post that I'm animating BPM and that I'm streaming it.

https://secure.join.me/579-838-266

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #807 on: January 30, 2014, 09:59:12 AM »

Surprise!

I decided to get back into the groove of things by giving Scarlet Fighter a New Moveset! But the 1st thing I'm gonna have to do is redo all the Animations.

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #808 on: January 30, 2014, 11:01:50 AM »

Surprise!

I decided to get back into the groove of things by giving Scarlet Fighter a New Moveset! But the 1st thing I'm gonna have to do is redo all the Animations.

Wow... You improved her running animation in a badass way!

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• Awards Starstormer Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #809 on: January 30, 2014, 11:22:10 AM »

Looks pretty darn good!

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
    "We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

Pages:  1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 67
    Print