Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 29
Author Topic: Peardian's custom models (Collabs wanted!) - Newest: Exor  (Read 208487 times)
Peardian
Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #165 on: July 02, 2013, 08:46:00 PM »

Aww. That's unfortunate.

Is there an exact file name?

EDIT:

FOUND IT.

It was in the eye Iris. Thanks for the help, Peardian!
    Er, that works too, I guess. But when I said eye white texture, I meant "KebakoEyeWhite".

Also, the matchup between the different ref/env textures used might not be immediately apparent. You can usually figure it out by looking at the filenames/render, but let me know if there are any you're not sure of.
    « Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 08:47:12 PM by Peardian » Logged

Click for my stuff:

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #166 on: September 02, 2013, 09:52:51 PM »

I'm still working on my next big model, so in the meantime, I figured I would try something out. With much help from DinnerSonic, I was able to translate Brawl's stage lighting parameters to what I use. These screenshots are the result.

Before anyone asks, no, these are not model imports. I used real screenshots as a base and added in some of my models with the help of the recreated light data. Pardon the poses, I'm not very good at that. I don't plan on making any more fake screenshots like this, as this was merely a test. The main reason for doing this is so that I can make more accurate Subspace Emissary mockups, as well as test my model textures in something close to the game's actual lighting.

Know what else?
    Ganondorf, Lucas, the Cracker Launcher, and R.O.B. were all added in as well.

Click for my stuff:

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #167 on: September 02, 2013, 10:50:46 PM »

Jesus. Is there anything you can't do? Those look like legit shots.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #168 on: September 03, 2013, 04:48:35 AM »

quite instresting about the snapshots!

I did try something similar except it was in a movie!
    Sexyyy

Stupid Tinypic :C

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #169 on: September 03, 2013, 06:09:42 AM »

Scary accurate as usual, Peardian.

Amazing!

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #170 on: September 03, 2013, 01:24:05 PM »

Thanks, guys. I guess I may as well show this, too. It's Ganondorf with Bridge of Eldin's lighting, shadowing, and a little bloom.

For those of you interested in learning how to translate the lighting on your own, I'll put a little tutorial below.
    It's really quite simple. In fact, a number of you regular stage-makers have probably already figured it out.

First off, lights in Brawl have about 200% power compared to what they do in regular modeling programs, or at least as far as characters are concerned. Some other objects may differ in terms of lighting, such as the Pitfall item, which only receives 75% of the light, leading to an appearance of 150%. To set up your light, simply enter the same RGB value that Brawl shows and double the light's strength.

Positioning the lights is easy, but a bit tricky in some places. Brawl's coordinates are Y-up, whereas some modeling programs are Z-up. This means that when it comes time to copy in the coordinates, you may have to put the Y value in your Z coordinate and vice-versa. Also, Brawl's Z-axis is inverted compared to what modeling programs use, so you will have to flip the sign when copying the Z-values.

Aiming the light is easy. First, place the light in the coordinates indicated by the Start XYZ. Then, put a null/empty object at the End XYZ coordinates. Then, simply make the light object aim at/target the null object.

And that's it. With this knowledge, you can now test how your character model will look before you finish texturing it, or you can easily translate the lighting you set up for your stage to Brawl.

Click for my stuff:

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #171 on: September 03, 2013, 02:39:29 PM »

Thanks, guys. I guess I may as well show this, too. It's Ganondorf with Bridge of Eldin's lighting, shadowing, and a little bloom.

For those of you interested in learning how to translate the lighting on your own, I'll put a little tutorial below.
    It's really quite simple. In fact, a number of you regular stage-makers have probably already figured it out.

First off, lights in Brawl have about 200% power compared to what they do in regular modeling programs, or at least as far as characters are concerned. Some other objects may differ in terms of lighting, such as the Pitfall item, which only receives 75% of the light, leading to an appearance of 150%. To set up your light, simply enter the same RGB value that Brawl shows and double the light's strength.

Positioning the lights is easy, but a bit tricky in some places. Brawl's coordinates are Y-up, whereas some modeling programs are Z-up. This means that when it comes time to copy in the coordinates, you may have to put the Y value in your Z coordinate and vice-versa. Also, Brawl's Z-axis is inverted compared to what modeling programs use, so you will have to flip the sign when copying the Z-values.

Aiming the light is easy. First, place the light in the coordinates indicated by the Start XYZ. Then, put a null/empty object at the End XYZ coordinates. Then, simply make the light object aim at/target the null object.

And that's it. With this knowledge, you can now test how your character model will look before you finish texturing it, or you can easily translate the lighting you set up for your stage to Brawl.

I will totally use this guide to get the stage lightning when I do more videos in 3d Modelling program!

Stupid Tinypic :C

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #172 on: September 19, 2013, 12:52:07 AM »

well... back to bowsers keep with peardian...

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #173 on: September 22, 2013, 10:24:16 AM »

Introducing my latest model, the Flying Krock.

Click for a bigger pic.

It took me nearly three months to make. Read the first post for full details!

Download
    « Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 11:21:23 AM by Peardian » Logged

Click for my stuff:

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #174 on: September 22, 2013, 12:09:22 PM »

I don't even know what this is from, but it is amazing. I'd be surprised if you didn't already have a job as a professional 3D modeler. (Unless this is a hobby-and-not-a-career thing. But you could make a good career doing this.)

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2013, 01:00:10 PM »

da fuq is dat

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #176 on: September 22, 2013, 02:05:24 PM »

Both of you owe it to yourselves to go play Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. One of the best DK games and a wonderful platformer.

(and does nobody read the first post?)

Click for my stuff:

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2013, 02:22:06 PM »

1. I didn't both with the OP :v
    2. I've played some of the DKC games, but I'm terrible with them and never played through them to the end. I've gotten so used to new games that I remember how hard the older ones were...

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2013, 03:47:33 PM »

Oh my God.

Yo, you need to be making money my dude. You're wasting time and money.

Nobody here is on your level. Not to disrespect anyone, and we have how many amazing artist on this Brawl Hacking community, with all due respect... You're on some other [censored] of quality work man.

And for those who don't know what model that is, like Peardian said go play DKC. ;p

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2013, 03:48:54 PM »

this is
    its just
    i dont
    stuff
    everything IS said.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 29
    Print
    Jump to: