TurboChaos's Lair:Chorus Kids V2 Release Soon? And Return Of Airman!

Started by Turb0k, January 30, 2013, 12:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Lost some of Airman's texture files. Should I....

A) Get back to work on them right away.
B) Take a break and get back to them later
C) Who are you and why should I care.

*Comes out of hiding*

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on July 05, 2014, 04:28:46 PMAnd I hope you're not having too much trouble with her. The guy who originally rigged her said she was tough.
*Girl, not guy.

Anyway, I never said that. What I said was that considering SSB4 is out very soon, I don't really have the patience to learn how to properly rig anymore. I tried my luck, but the model had to many disfigurations, making her incredible flat sometimes (not as flat as Mr. G&W or Paper Mario though).
And considering I never liked that Frankensteinian model to begin with, I simply didn't bother anymore. At first I simply wanted to replace the skirt and boots, but it quickly escalated from there. Now all that's left from the original Captain Rainbow model is the head. Well, and her weapon, to differentiate it from the SSBB one.

-----
Anyway, that's it for the backstory. Time to vanish again, but not before wishing good luck to this project. Also, even though they look pretty bad, if Captain Rainbow models or textures are needed for the Lip project, I could very easily get them. Too bad it's the only game with anything 3d Panel de Pon related.

Quote from: Taigiry on July 06, 2014, 07:01:35 PM
*Comes out of hiding*
*Girl, not guy.

Anyway, I never said that. What I said was that considering SSB4 is out very soon, I don't really have the patience to learn how to properly rig anymore. I tried my luck, but the model had to many disfigurations, making her incredible flat sometimes (not as flat as Mr. G&W or Paper Mario though).
And considering I never liked that Frankensteinian model to begin with, I simply didn't bother anymore. At first I simply wanted to replace the skirt and boots, but it quickly escalated from there. Now all that's left from the original Captain Rainbow model is the head. Well, and her weapon, to differentiate it from the SSBB one.

-----
Anyway, that's it for the backstory. Time to vanish again, but not before wishing good luck to this project. Also, even though they look pretty bad, if Captain Rainbow models or textures are needed for the Lip project, I could very easily get them. Too bad it's the only game with anything 3d Panel de Pon related.

Aha, so it was you, huh? I never meant anything bad from what I said. ;) I'm just curious to see how she'd have turned out if you weren't burned out, is all. I liked what I saw in the Smashboards thread pics.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on July 07, 2014, 06:00:23 PM
Aha, so it was you, huh? I never meant anything bad from what I said. ;) I'm just curious to see how she'd have turned out if you weren't burned out, is all. I liked what I saw in the Smashboards thread pics.
Don't worry, I didn't take it as such. I just figured I should clarify a bit, nothing more. It's nice to see her being worked on by people who actually know what they're doing after all. All I did was take model parts and stitch a Lip model together (and somewhat learn how to used 3ds Max while doing so). I just did it because I was disappointed that there isn't a Lip model to be found anywhere and the Captain Rainbow one is really ugly.

since TC posted the sonic rig, i should probably post this here

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204871
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

August 12, 2014, 05:38:08 PM #50 Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:43:40 PM by TurboChaos

W... what is that? :) And it's on D3, if I assume correctly.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 12, 2014, 05:56:10 PM
W... what is that? :) And it's on D3, if I assume correctly.
Heavy and Bomb from Knukles Chaotix and yes they're over Dedede.


August 12, 2014, 09:42:13 PM #54 Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:55:12 PM by TurboChaos
Done with the rig. All that's left now is a custom Jet Hammer and maybe make the metal parts reflect.


Post Merge: August 12, 2014, 11:55:12 PM

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205585

Something I'm doing to practice Box-Modeling if all goes well I'll rig it over Ness.

Quote from: TurboChaos on September 17, 2014, 05:36:13 PM
Something I'm doing to practice Box-Modeling if all goes well I'll rig it over Ness.

Got some critiques for you then.


1. Said arm should not look like ribbed hosing like that, it needs to be a flat cylinder, Texturing in the ribbing would be a better idea.
2. The difference between the shoulders and the head need to be more pronounced, it's too subtle right now.
3. As for the Air Shooter part of the arm itself, the red part needs to be a flat inlet, not a sphere, and the blue part needs to be like a slice of a pipe.
4. I would heavily suggest giving him legs like GBC's Mega Man or Smash 4 Mega Man.
5. The proportion between his body and his legs is off. His legs need to be longer in respect to to his body (Air Man is taller than Mega Man)

[spoiler]
supplementary image.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

September 18, 2014, 05:37:23 PM #57 Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 05:39:19 PM by TurboChaos
Quote from: Velen on September 17, 2014, 10:07:03 PM
Got some critiques for you then.


1. Said arm should not look like ribbed hosing like that, it needs to be a flat cylinder, Texturing in the ribbing would be a better idea.
2. The difference between the shoulders and the head need to be more pronounced, it's too subtle right now.
3. As for the Air Shooter part of the arm itself, the red part needs to be a flat inlet, not a sphere, and the blue part needs to be like a slice of a pipe.
4. I would heavily suggest giving him legs like GBC's Mega Man or Smash 4 Mega Man.
5. The proportion between his body and his legs is off. His legs need to be longer in respect to to his body (Air Man is taller than Mega Man)

[spoiler]
supplementary image.
Your criticism is very much appreciated. How's this?  

Good. The blue part of his body needs to be stouter, like shorten the distance between the yellow nob of the fan and the beltline, and his left arm shorter and the air shooter slightly longer... I would also pull his legs in toward the middle a bit more, they look a bit weird sticking out like that toward the sides... You'll be good after that so far.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

More progress! All that's left is his hand, then the model will be complete.