Stage Workshop

Started by LegacyWolf, February 02, 2013, 09:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

That's... pretty awesome. Will there be swimmable water or will it be over FD? Also, right now, it kinda seems like the pillars in front obstruct the fighters.

pallete town looks amazing this is how a 3ds ssb4 stage should have been imo xD going retro and such having the human sprites going back and forth on the background would loo even more amazing even have prof oak  appear out of his lab look around and going back in :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

You should have it fade out into Route 1.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Ooh, neat! Even though it would kinda ruin the overhead view, I think you should consider making the NPCs stand up instead of being flat on the ground.
Click for my stuff:


Quote from: Senketsu (Br3) on September 24, 2014, 12:23:21 PM
I'm not even sure I'll keep the people on the final version, they're only there for the accuracy of this screenshot xD

But if I do, that's most likely how I will do it. I just gotta make sure the stage stays within the filesize limit, I've got past the filesize a couple of times already :D

Brawlbox allows you to fuse models into one, you could save some filesize by doing that if needed. Also, that would give you less trouble when you are reaching the limit of models in a single modeldata.

Awesome work, by the way.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Taigiry on September 24, 2014, 04:31:57 PM
That's... pretty awesome. Will there be swimmable water or will it be over FD? Also, right now, it kinda seems like the pillars in front obstruct the fighters.
Good eye! Answering both comments, originally it's meant to have swimmable water. However, the pillars get in the front of the fighters, as you noticed. I'm still deciding the proper position for the match. Please understand this is still a WIP

Quote from: Carnage on September 24, 2014, 05:51:54 PM
pallete town looks amazing this is how a 3ds ssb4 stage should have been imo xD going retro and such having the human sprites going back and forth on the background would loo even more amazing even have prof oak  appear out of his lab look around and going back in :P
I'm glad you like it :D
As a big fan of the series and of the original games, it felt natural to make this!

Quote from: TheRealDylanator on September 24, 2014, 06:19:08 PM
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE I WOULD WRITE HYPE ALL DAY BUT THAT WILL KILL THE HYPE HYPE HYPE!


Quote from: Segtendo on September 25, 2014, 02:37:58 AM
You should have it fade out into Route 1.
I intend to, and hopefully the limitations of models and textures won't stop me. Please understand this is still a WIP

Quote from: Peardian on September 25, 2014, 02:49:09 AM
Ooh, neat! Even though it would kinda ruin the overhead view, I think you should consider making the NPCs stand up instead of being flat on the ground.
Thanks for your comment!
I get that all the time... They will stand upright if I keep them on the final version. Please understand this is still a WIP

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on September 25, 2014, 01:25:55 PM
Brawlbox allows you to fuse models into one, you could save some filesize by doing that if needed. Also, that would give you less trouble when you are reaching the limit of models in a single modeldata.

Awesome work, by the way.
I managed to kind of merge a bunch of them together. Most of the barrels surrounding the stage are merged into bigger models, however, while that definitely helped reducing the filesize, the main bone of the model I set up doesn't seem to move all the models at once, which bothers me. I'm probably doing it the wrong way. At least it's working to reduce filesize.
Anyway, I'm glad you appreciate it!
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Senketsu (Br3) on September 29, 2014, 02:03:44 PM
I managed to kind of merge a bunch of them together. Most of the barrels surrounding the stage are merged into bigger models, however, while that definitely helped reducing the filesize, the main bone of the model I set up doesn't seem to move all the models at once, which bothers me. I'm probably doing it the wrong way. At least it's working to reduce filesize.
Anyway, I'm glad you appreciate it!

Mmm, then the model must have a bunch of bones with the same name... You should rename one of the bones and make all the objects to be attached to that differently named bone. After that, you could delete all the bones except that one, and then you'd have one bone that moves all the objects at once.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Nearly done, just a few animations missing, mostly balloon related stuff and proper collisions. So far, it still uses FD's collision data.




Quote from: Senketsu (Br3) on September 29, 2014, 02:03:44 PM
Good eye! Answering both comments, originally it's meant to have swimmable water. However, the pillars get in the front of the fighters, as you noticed. I'm still deciding the proper position for the match. Please understand this is still a WIP
[UNDERSTANDING INTENSIFIES]

Well, depending on how accurate you want to be, you could always delete those pillars in front. Unless you decide to rotate the stage 180° they either won't be seen anyway or would just be in the way.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on September 29, 2014, 05:33:24 PM
Mmm, then the model must have a bunch of bones with the same name... You should rename one of the bones and make all the objects to be attached to that differently named bone. After that, you could delete all the bones except that one, and then you'd have one bone that moves all the objects at once.

I did it this way:

I exported the cylinder model, which has 3 bones. I named the top bone something like "drumset", and the second bone something that helped me identify it, like "drum004", and positioned the model using it, and the third bone I left unchanged.

Then, I opened an specific cylinder model which I chose to be the bigger one, named his bones as "drumset" and "drum001" and then imported the object from the other model, while merging their bonesets. Now, I had one bigger model with "drumset" unpositioned, both polygons positioned through "drum001" and "drum004" and the third unused bone.

Keep in mind I still build everything with Brawl models, since I have no 3DSMax knowledge.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


I like Pencilvania a lot, but it looks... a little hard to play on graphically. I feel like in the heat of the match it may be easy to confuse the blocks in the background with the platforms in the foreground. I feel like it needs someway to better differentiate the two layers, maybe some sort of fog layer between the two (don't know if that's even possible)

A couple of days ago I found an old project of mine that I had abandoned.



Think I should finish it? Gonna have to revamp it from scratch to get better lighting and make it more interesting.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

it should be a lot smaller...
not only cuz cannon, but cuz gameplay as well... xD

October 10, 2014, 04:43:36 PM #777 Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 08:18:48 PM by Blaseth
Actually I compared the models from how big it is in the Liquid Fight and in the new version it's the proper size.

The new version is being worked on already and I've made it look more like Metal Gear Rex is broken down.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Forgot I posted no previews here.



P.S.: Preview is from June :P
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]