Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Project M Textures  (Read 14506 times)
Glock
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: April 23, 2012, 09:49:46 PM »

Do any of you guys know if you can put textures into Project M? My friend already has Project M but I'm wondering if I can take the textures I downloaded from here and put them into Project M, or can you only do this with the Original Brawl.

Albafika
Anti-Christ
Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:53:39 PM »

You were told here and then I told you here (Bottom line) this section wasn't the place, and INSTEAD, you should've used THIS thread you made.

If you really learn quickly, this'd be a good time to prove it. Anyways, moved it to the corresponding section for the second time.
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:57:20 PM by Albafika » Logged

Glock
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 10:10:23 PM »

You were told here and then I told you here (Bottom line) this section wasn't the place, and INSTEAD, you should've used THIS thread you made.

If you really learn quickly, this'd be a good time to prove it. Anyways, moved it to the corresponding section for the second time.

Then why are there other people who are asking questions on the same exact part of the forum and yet their post arn't removed or placed in help?
    I was justing asking if you can put textures into PROJECT M, I already know how to put textures in the regular game. And discussion says TALK ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO HACKING, what I said is related to hacking.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 10:18:45 PM »

Then why are there other people who are asking questions on the same exact part of the forum and yet their post arn't removed or placed in help?
    I was justing asking if you can put textures into PROJECT M, I already know how to put textures in the regular game. And discussion says TALK ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO HACKING, what I said is related to hacking.
    Guess you aren't a quick learner as you said you were.

If you're using P:M with A SD Card (Gecko/USB Loader), you add the textures the same way you do it for the regular game.

And I won't waste my time explaining to you why you must post your hacking questions in the Help section as it'd probably take a few posts for you to assimilate it.
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:27:09 PM by Albafika » Logged

Glock
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 10:58:39 PM »

Guess you aren't a quick learner as you said you were.

If you're using P:M with A SD Card (Gecko/USB Loader), you add the textures the same way you do it for the regular game.

And I won't waste my time explaining to you why you must post your hacking questions in the Help section as it'd probably take a few p
    osts for you to assimilate it.
    Oh really I thought Moderaters arn't supposed to talk the way you do, maybe I should become a moderater because I'd be really good at it you know what I mean.
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:00:03 PM by ICEN » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 05:26:59 AM »

Oh really I thought Moderaters arn't supposed to talk the way you do, maybe I should become a moderater because I'd be really good at it you know what I mean.
    This is how we talk when the user has made a thread twice in the wrong section and went OFF-Topic in a thread even when he was told not to the three times he did wrong and was told to come to this section with those questions and just ignored the words of a "moderater". Instead of warning you, I'm still trying to get into your head rules are rules, so you can't do these topics there even if you feel they really belong there, 'cause they don't.

Did you get the textures to work?
    « Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:37:04 AM by Albafika » Logged

Glock
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 09:08:22 PM »

This is how we talk when the user has made a thread twice in the wrong section and went OFF-Topic in a thread even when he was told not to the three times he did wrong and was told to come to this section with those questions and just ignored the words of a "moderater". Instead of warning you, I'm still trying to get into your head rules are rules, so you can't do these topics there even if you feel they really belong there, 'cause they don't.

Did you get the textures to work?
    Yes I just got home now to download some more textures, I opened up my friends Sd card that already has project M in the Sd card. I just went into the fighters folder and put the downloadable characters in the folder.

I thought you needed gekko OS but When I load up Project M on my friends wii at the bottom it says GEKKO OS, so im thinking that gekko os runs with project M so I dont need to put Gekko os on the homebrew channel because project M loads up with Gekko Os.

But ya some characters worked and some didnt.
    Maybe you know about this - Lets say a character says :

SupermanFitCaptain00(super).pcs

the characters like that with ( ) and names before the words FIT, can you leave them exactly the same and put them in the folder?

What i did was lets say the download said this

SupermanFitCaptain00(super).pcs

Instead of putting that into the folder I wasnt sure if you could leave it the same so I deleted whats in the () and words before FIT.

So now it looks like - FitCaptain00.pcs   thats how I inserted everything.

So this is how It worked for me.

Put Sd card in my labtop, Go into private and keep clicking through folders until I get to the fighter folder, then I find the fighter such as captain falcon, and put the texture in their.

So now I put the Sd card in the wii and start up brawl normally.
    Then I go to stage builder which automaticly brings up PROJECT M, at the bottom it says GEKKO OS so im assuming gekko os runs with project M which allows my characters to work.

Then I just fight and the characters are there.

Kinda simple actually much harder when you read how to do it.
    But ya it does work, I dont see why some people dont have videos of this on youtube.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 09:35:44 PM »

Hmm, yeah, that's how you rename them, having in mind 00 is the default costume, 01 is red normally, and so on.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232455&

This thread has a list as to which number matches which costume, among other things. It also explains what are .PAC for in case you don't know yet.

Glock
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »

Hmm, yeah, that's how you rename them, having in mind 00 is the default costume, 01 is red normally, and so on.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232455&

This thread has a list as to which number matches which costume, among other things. It also explains what are .PAC for in case you don't know yet.

Wow those are alot of sites, are those all sites to get textures and stuff or are some of those sites just like this site?

I'm actually about to leave but I just bookmarked that page and ill check it out later.

At least I can now play with new characters on project M, Some of the characters came with the pictures which go on the roster but I kinda forgot how to add those well there not that important anyways, but ill figure that out later.

One thing, if I want to edit characters, pretty much taking lets say captain falcon and editing his outfit, not just editing colors but creating a whole new captain falcon.

Do you know the software I need for that, I herd that you have to use 3ds max, when I looked that up onlline that [censored] was 3,000 dollars!

I herd there is a trail version,

so what do people use 3ds max and did they actually buy that!

Are there any other softwares you know of to create the textures or is that the one everyone uses. Well im leaving if you can answer this question ill just check back later, If you find a software you dont have to give the link Ill just google it and find it.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 09:48:17 PM »

Photoshop/GIMP for textures (Photoshop is FAR superior), 3dsmax for model editing. Photoshop and 3dsMax aren't free, so you either:

Crack them both (Acquire illegally on the internet).
    Get 3dsMax as a "student".
    Buy them.

And that thread I linked you to is a guide explaining how to set up Stages/Textures/etc in your SD. Might be easier to understand than the ones here.
    « Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:49:10 PM by Albafika » Logged

Rising-Fang
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 05:56:18 PM »

Just asking, but can you do all of this with Riivolution, Riivolution somehow won't load mods unless those mods are put over there outfit's P:M modded. :/
     Necroposting: posting on a topic that has been dead for more than three weeks

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67.0

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 09:38:48 PM »

Edit the XML.

As a note of thumb, effective use of Riivolution requires you to know how to edit the .XML files that tell Riivolution WHAT to load.

If you can't edit said files, you shouldn't be using Riivolution.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: