Large Leader's PSA's™: Closing!

Started by Large Leader, April 17, 2013, 08:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

You say goodbye and I say...

Hello
15 (36.6%)
Goodbye
4 (9.8%)
Who are you?
3 (7.3%)
u wot m8?
12 (29.3%)
cya nerds!
7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Quote from: Large Leader on May 03, 2015, 11:02:59 PM
Press 1, people
I thought we were pressing F.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

I'm feeling this board is even more dead than the usual lately. You still were one of the last ones who were doing something around. It's a shame seeing the community going this way, but I guess it's inevitable. Oh well... good luck with whatever you're going to do now.  8)

wish you the best of luck out there man and thanks for everything

aw man, I would've liked to see any PSA of yours finished before you leave

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 03, 2015, 11:28:33 PM
cya nerd!!!!
rip in pieces

The [censored] are you doing here?

Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on May 03, 2015, 11:29:37 PM
BJ pls

With that attitude, BJ might not give a BJ anymore.

Quote from: Mortimer on May 03, 2015, 11:38:31 PM
I'm feeling this board is even more dead than the usual lately. You still were one of the last ones who were doing something around. It's a shame seeing the community going this way, but I guess it's inevitable. Oh well... good luck with whatever you're going to do now.  8)

Thanks, and I saw your thread on SB. It's a shame you aren't getting much feedback on vBrawl anymore. But that's the way life works, I suppose.

Quote from: Mr.ryuzaki L on May 04, 2015, 02:59:51 AM
wish you the best of luck out there man and thanks for everything

No, thank you guys. Wouldn't have gotten as good or wanted to achieve things without people like you giving feedback.

Quote from: Gamidame_K on May 04, 2015, 03:17:18 AM
aw man, I would've liked to see any PSA of yours finished before you leave

You might get lucky. Don't count on it tho. Luck kinda sucks around these parts.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 04, 2015, 03:55:52 AM
Don't question my ass

I am the Large Leader
the Humongous Head Honcho
the Titanic Tyrant
the Monstrous Master
the Elephantine Executive
the Gargantuan General
the Capacious Chief

I question who and what I want. When I want. Where I want. <:v


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Large Leader on May 04, 2015, 03:31:24 AM
With that attitude, BJ might not give a BJ anymore.

I DO NOT WANT BJs FROM BJ

I WILL FIGHT BJ ACTUALLY

(Fight me JackBlax)
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Good bye, Large Leader.

Your memes... end here. Or do they?
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Large Leader on May 04, 2015, 03:31:24 AM
Thanks, and I saw your thread on SB. It's a shame you aren't getting much feedback on vBrawl anymore. But that's the way life works, I suppose.
From the few posts I've got there, I already started valuating much more the few replies I've got here, because there, most don't know how brawl works and they don't want to. They just want the results, so they don't care about saying your work is bad or not, and don't care how hard or how much work you will have by fixing/improving anything.
I'm saying that if it's something like this that's getting on your nerves, you really shouldn't care about. The only thing that keeps me hacking brawl are my ideas I want to turn real, not if people will approve it. Of course I would like more if I could make things more interesting for the others, but I can't do that if it will make me unhappy. In my case, that would be making more famous and representative characters of more recent games. You don't have this huge problem, at least.
I won't try to change your mind about stopping, but if somehow it helps you finish anything else, it was worth posting this. I really feel this place is dying, so anything to make it live a little longer is welcome.

Quote from: Mortimer on May 04, 2015, 05:38:11 PM
From the few posts I've got there, I already started valuating much more the few replies I've got here, because there, most don't know how brawl works and they don't want to. They just want the results, so they don't care about saying your work is bad or not, and don't care how hard or how much work you will have by fixing/improving anything.
I'm saying that if it's something like this that's getting on your nerves, you really shouldn't care about. The only thing that keeps me hacking brawl are my ideas I want to turn real, not if people will approve it. Of course I would like more if I could make things more interesting for the others, but I can't do that if it will make me unhappy. In my case, that would be making more famous and representative characters of more recent games. You don't have this huge problem, at least.
I won't try to change your mind about stopping, but if somehow it helps you finish anything else, it was worth posting this. I really feel this place is dying, so anything to make it live a little longer is welcome.

I have a vision for almost all of the hacks that I had planned. I always want at least 1 thing unique about them, whether it's a mode change or a unique mechanic (such as the planned "i'm feelin' it" thing that Zack has in Crisis Core). I didn't plan to make them because people would like it, I planned to make it because it's something I believe that I can pull off. And I know I can, it's just become harder and harder to use lower quality animations that I usually just get stuck after doing a few because I want to go back and keep fixing them.

I'll definitely be releasing at least 2-3 PSAs (that I'll be collaborating with others on, or only require animation and psa instead of importing, animation, and psa) and maybe a couple of models on my way out (I'll probably make Raven low poly enough for Brawl and then give the high poly one to Satoshi or something).

I'll be uploading a giant folder (about a gig) of all the hacks that I had planned. Includes max files, PSA files, pacs, all the good stuff. If anyone wants to use them, they'll be free to.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Our goals are not so different, then. But my main problem is that I usually have too much ideas, and I want to make all of them, but I admit making all those alternate attacks (which are not always welcome) and alternate final smashes (never are) are extremely time consuming. I don't rush in making them, but they make me skip details like bad transitions, and many small details can make your work look bad. Also that makes me feel a bit bad because I now I could finish 2 psas during this time instead of making one with too much stuff.

Still, it may be good if you release what you have. Maybe you can find people to assist you finish those works easier.

May 05, 2015, 07:18:39 PM #1259 Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:22:25 PM by TheShyGuy
Quote from: Large Leader on May 03, 2015, 10:01:46 PM
Long story short, I'm done.

I haven't touched PM, much less Brawl in months (almost years). What's the point of modding a game I don't even play?
Same here, but I do it for fun. Plus, coming here to do animations means that someone's going to be using it.

Quote from: Mortimer on May 03, 2015, 11:38:31 PM
I'm feeling this board is even more dead than the usual lately.
It's possibly because it's near the end of school, when lots of people are busy taking tests.

Quote from: Large Leader on May 04, 2015, 06:02:37 PM
it's just become harder and harder to use lower quality animations that I usually just get stuck after doing a few because I want to go back and keep fixing them.
That is frustrating. I suggest learning the basics by reading some animation books. You need to understand the basics if you want to improve more efficiently (emphasis on "understand", not  "know" or "memorize").

The biggest issue you have is bad timing. Once you understand that, you'll realize how much less you actually have to animate (and fix). Fast movements, like attack releases, can only take ~5-15 frames. Since it's so fast, you can cheat a little bit. Slow movements, like idles or ending attack recoil, can take a 30-200(idles) frames. You have to ensure that the everything looks good because the viewer can easily notice issues. Arguably, slow movements are harder and require more work.

Anyways, good luck with whatever you're moving onto.