Large Leader's PSA's™: Closing!

Started by Large Leader, April 17, 2013, 08:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

You say goodbye and I say...

Hello
15 (36.6%)
Goodbye
4 (9.8%)
Who are you?
3 (7.3%)
u wot m8?
12 (29.3%)
cya nerds!
7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Damn it! i missed it again! I need to check this topic more often...

Don't sweat it!

I'll try to stream again tomorrow or maybe next weekend. We'll see!

Anyways, for those curious about what was animated, here's the gifs:






Originally, I wanted to make them 1:1 replicas of TP's animations. But I decided that making them my own animations would feel more rewarding.

Shield Bash
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Helm Splitter *Needs work! Will add the flip in BBox and will make it transition into the fall in BBox as well. Want critique on the jumping part. TP was very... bad at that. Link literally goes from standing into jumping in the game.

Don't worry about the speed of the jump either. That will be fixed in BBox

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Mortal Draw Start *Will probably make Link's foot be closer to the ground as he moves it back'

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sword Salute (When Link and Hero's Shade train for a hidden skill) *Ignore the stuttering, it was a mistake made while recording the gif*

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: drogoth on March 28, 2015, 08:31:15 AM
Don't sweat it!

I'll try to stream again tomorrow or maybe next weekend. We'll see!

Anyways, for those curious about what was animated, here's the gifs:






Originally, I wanted to make them 1:1 replicas of TP's animations. But I decided that making them my own animations would feel more rewarding.

Shield Bash
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Helm Splitter *Needs work! Will add the flip in BBox and will make it transition into the fall in BBox as well. Want critique on the jumping part. TP was very... bad at that. Link literally goes from standing into jumping in the game.

Don't worry about the speed of the jump either. That will be fixed in BBox

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Mortal Draw Start *Will probably make Link's foot be closer to the ground as he moves it back'

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sword Salute (When Link and Hero's Shade train for a hidden skill) *Ignore the stuttering, it was a mistake made while recording the gif*

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So does this mean you're doing a TP Link PSA?

it's TP link while taking some HW influences.

Post Merge: March 28, 2015, 05:57:19 PM

My god what's wrong with me.

Streaming again lol

Post Merge: March 28, 2015, 09:28:49 PM

Animations done during the stream. The only thing that's confirmed for complete/close to complete is the Up Smash

Jump Strike
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Mortal Draw
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up Smash

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I feel they could use quite a bit of work. as they look rather robotic (your favorite word to hear from me. :v). The animations are way too slow as well.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

The second animation looks weird, I'm not entirely sure what he's doing. I do like the first and third ones though, I'm sure some timing tweaks will make those more fluid in-game.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Whoops, forgot to post here.

I'll be fixing the animations up on the next stream. So if you haven't seen the new animations, you'll get your chance!

Also, I might jump around between animating projects (specifically HW/TP Link and Shulk), but I might just finish up HW/TP Link (I don't have much to do for him tbh, he's going to be the 3rd smallest PSA I've worked on) instead of jumping in between. But we'll see.

Stream to do list:

1. Shield Bash (make the bash faster)
2. Up Smash (add more obvious recoil after releasing the arrow)
3. Helm Splitter (redo completely)
4. Mortal Draw (redo completely)
5. Jump Slash (redo completely)


Seeing as how ~2 animations takes about an hour, I'll probably only get up to and probably do a bit of the Helm Splitter before ending the stream.

Stream is scheduled for Thursday night/Friday afternoon.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Stream on right now

Post Merge: April 02, 2015, 07:42:54 PM

Stream's (been) over.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Finals week incoming, so more lack of updates.

I have like 5 models I need to rig, so I want to do those before I animate or code. All five have custom rigs, so yay me.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

ok so i have been testing chrom some more and i noticed that his side tilt might need a bit less endlag as I feel he would just end up playing better in my eyes

I'll take that into heavy consideration.

Thanks for the feedback


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

May 03, 2015, 10:01:46 PM #1241 Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 10:09:06 PM by KingJigglypuff
Long story short, I'm done.

I haven't touched PM, much less Brawl in months (almost years). What's the point of modding a game I don't even play? That and the community is really starting to get on my nerves more and more.

I have a lot of ideas, but solo'ing all of them is a pain in the ass. I'll be uploading all my unfinished stuff in a pack on the vault soon™. Some of the PSAs are playable, some models and psas are still in Maya files. Bugs and freezing are bound to happen left and right. So, have fun.

I'll be sticking around to help with Smash3 related stuff, but otherwise I'm done.

I might finish a PSA or two before I leave, but even that's debatable. Planning to stay for at least a month, but we'll see.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

RIP Large Leader.


A fine salute for your departure. :v
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on May 03, 2015, 10:08:12 PM
RIP Large Leader.


A fine salute for your departure. :v

Press 1, people


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.