Large Leader's PSA's™: Closing!

Started by Large Leader, April 17, 2013, 08:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

You say goodbye and I say...

Hello
15 (36.6%)
Goodbye
4 (9.8%)
Who are you?
3 (7.3%)
u wot m8?
12 (29.3%)
cya nerds!
7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Alright thanks for the heads up.

Can't wait to finish this hack up.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: ShinyMammoth on January 26, 2014, 03:21:27 AM
Project M - Dolphin Set-Up Tutorial

In case you didn't already find it.

Yep, that's the same one I found.

UPDATE:
Sent out an updated version of the Hector Beta. Post here if you wanna test!


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: drogoth on January 26, 2014, 04:11:32 PM
Yep, that's the same one I found.

UPDATE:
Sent out an updated version of the Hector Beta. Post here if you wanna test!
I want to!
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


January 26, 2014, 10:41:12 PM #200 Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:42:34 PM by drogoth
Lost my SD card, for now.

Luckily I had a backup of Hector on my laptop :P

Sent you both the link for Hector. Have fun


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

January 27, 2014, 04:40:01 AM #201 Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:57:47 AM by HeavyD88
Quote from: drogoth on January 26, 2014, 10:41:12 PM
Lost my SD card, for now.

Luckily I had a backup of Hector on my laptop :P

Sent you both the link for Hector. Have fun
Okay on the issues you mainly wanted testing in.
1: Side B; It kinda works but it seems that the animations you used messes the whole move up. Sometimes it hits and sometimes it just lightly pushes the opponent behind you once you reach them. Unless that was intentional. Also is it supposed to have little knockback?
2: Down B in air; He doesn't do anything. If you rapid tap down and B he kinda slows his decent. but he doesn't go into a counter animation. Again, unless that was intentional.
3: Final Smash; This one is a bit strange. It will only work properly if you are directly over a floating platform. Ex: In Smashville or Battlefield. If it's over an open base platform like Final Destination, it does the initial strike to get them in the air, hits them once, then one more time sending them down below you before the final blow. Then you fly straight upwards, about the height of Hyrule Temples death boundary and slowly fall down. It doesn't do the whole move or full amount of damage. If you are over a platform though it seems to work just fine which is what's puzzling about it.

On the lesser notes, His up B is fine on the ground. I just think it's decent needs to be slowed down a bit to hit characters a little better. In the air though it sends you up in the air, same as with the FS but at least twice that distance. and you slowly fall downwards. I really don't know how you got that to happen but it looks very strange.

One more thing. Maybe adding a sweet spot on his BAir with added knockback, would be nice. Other than that he's pretty well done.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Alright So I have checked out your hector.

In reference to the things you wanted checked out.

His side-B First off, You can interrupt it before the animation ends. Therefore making it go into special fall is avoided and you can spam the attack. You could even Side-B then mash Neutral-A so he will interrupt the attack with his neutral a air and still be able to up-b or side-b again. Also if you manage to get the hitbox to connect it seems a second animation begins to play? I can't really tell if that was intended or not.

Heavy was spot on for his down-b in the air. Did you redirect it to his fall?

And I couldn't explain the issues with his final better then heavy.

Are you using Brawlbox or PSA to make this?

I don't know if I can add something in everything which has been said...
Ah yea, his Up goes below the platforms, it means that when you do the Up B under a platform, instead of stopping it on the platform, he goes through it... The same happens in the air...
His side B is messed up too... You have to mash the buttons on ground to make him go forward... And his charging animation can only be activated in the air, and as said by ShinyMammoth, you can spam it... Other than that, his other moves are fine...
I didn't test Air Down B... I'll try to see what's happening... Ground Down B is fine though...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Yeah, I'd say everything other than what I mentioned above works just fine. It's mainly just the final and his air up b, air down b, and both air and ground side b that are the only issues.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

January 27, 2014, 04:48:39 PM #205 Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 07:21:56 PM by drogoth
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I really appreciate it.

Quote from: HeavyD88 on January 27, 2014, 04:40:01 AM
Okay on the issues you mainly wanted testing in.
1: Side B; It kinda works but it seems that the animations you used messes the whole move up. Sometimes it hits and sometimes it just lightly pushes the opponent behind you once you reach them. Unless that was intentional. Also is it supposed to have little knockback?

I never re-edited the hitboxes so the move ends up pushing the person behind you instead of close to you for the spin. I also didn't re-edit the hitboxes for the spin so it doesn't have a lot of kb.

Quote
2: Down B in air; He doesn't do anything. If you rapid tap down and B he kinda slows his decent. but he doesn't go into a counter animation. Again, unless that was intentional.

Yeah he's not supposed to counter in the air. He's supposed to do his up special.

Quote
3: Final Smash; This one is a bit strange. It will only work properly if you are directly over a floating platform. Ex: In Smashville or Battlefield. If it's over an open base platform like Final Destination, it does the initial strike to get them in the air, hits them once, then one more time sending them down below you before the final blow. Then you fly straight upwards, about the height of Hyrule Temples death boundary and slowly fall down. It doesn't do the whole move or full amount of damage. If you are over a platform though it seems to work just fine which is what's puzzling about it.

The "attack" part of the final (where Ike does all the hits in the air) only has the ending part of the final. I honestly don't understand the rest of what's wrong. A picture or a video would go a long way in explaining the problem.

Quote
On the lesser notes, His up B is fine on the ground. I just think it's decent needs to be slowed down a bit to hit characters a little better. In the air though it sends you up in the air, same as with the FS but at least twice that distance. and you slowly fall downwards. I really don't know how you got that to happen but it looks very strange.

That's odd. I haven't changed a thing about the hitboxes or fallspeed at all...

Quote
One more thing. Maybe adding a sweet spot on his BAir with added knockback, would be nice. Other than that he's pretty well done.

Completely agree with you. The back air has very little kb.



Quote from: ShinyMammoth on January 27, 2014, 07:35:28 AM
Are you using Brawlbox or PSA to make this?

BBox. And I did use the change subaction. Probably should have used change action. I instead tried to change the reference inside the downB in the air in the action scripts. Looks like that didn't work lol.

And I still haven't found my sd card :( so I'm really relying on you guys for the testing/feedback :P

I've updated the Dropbox link that you guys already have. Download the new FitIke.pac (that I believe is clearly labelled as new) and re-test please :P

Post Merge: January 27, 2014, 07:21:56 PM

Blah! Almost got Dolphin to work with my hacks. For some reason it's not loading the sd.raw even though it's in the folder.

It ran PM just a few seconds before it though, lol


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

In order for his down B to transition you need to add a change action to his action script not his subaction. Adding change sub action will only make him Do the one specified new change. Where changing actions via the action script will make him completely stop what he is doing and begin the new specified action.

Quote from: ShinyMammoth on January 27, 2014, 07:33:26 PM
In order for his down B to transition you need to add a change action to his action script not his subaction. Adding change sub action will only make him Do the one specified new change. Where changing actions via the action script will make him completely stop what he is doing and begin the new specified action.

In both his subaction and action scripts for his down b, I've redirected the SpecialLwHi to go to SpecialHi1. If it still doesn't go then I'll just use an old animation I had for Hector's final and just add hitboxes and a "allow/disallow ledge grabbing"


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

you could inject hector files into your iso if the SD.raw doesn't work

Well from what you mentioned, everyone else got it spot on. A shame I didn't get here sooner. Also for me the up special just fails to move me upward in the air, although it makes it look like that it lies. I was right next to the ledge, move forward and when I used the up special to recover I died.  The last thing I'm gonna mention is touch ups, a few animations to go well into the idle, but I doubt that's high priority and highly understandable. Great PSA so far and I love those recolors. Can't wait for more.