Question: You say goodbye and I say...
Hello - 15 (36.6%)
Goodbye - 4 (9.8%)
Who are you? - 3 (7.3%)
u wot m8? - 12 (29.3%)
cya nerds! - 7 (17.1%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages:  1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 85
Author Topic: Large Leader's PSA's™: Closing!  (Read 356839 times)
Large Leader
I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #195 on: January 25, 2014, 08:01:58 PM »

Alright thanks for the heads up.

Can't wait to finish this hack up.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #196 on: January 25, 2014, 08:21:27 PM »

Project M - Dolphin Set-Up Tutorial

In case you didn't already find it.

Large Leader

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #197 on: January 26, 2014, 09:11:32 AM »

Project M - Dolphin Set-Up Tutorial

In case you didn't already find it.

Yep, that's the same one I found.

UPDATE:
    Sent out an updated version of the Hector Beta. Post here if you wanna test!

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #198 on: January 26, 2014, 02:12:30 PM »

Yep, that's the same one I found.

UPDATE:
    Sent out an updated version of the Hector Beta. Post here if you wanna test!
    I want to!

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Lito
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #199 on: January 26, 2014, 02:31:59 PM »

Hey there man, I'm up for some testing.

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #200 on: January 26, 2014, 03:41:12 PM »

Lost my SD card, for now.

Luckily I had a backup of Hector on my laptop Tongue

Sent you both the link for Hector. Have fun
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 03:42:34 PM by drogoth » Logged

O snap

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #201 on: January 26, 2014, 09:40:01 PM »

Lost my SD card, for now.

Luckily I had a backup of Hector on my laptop Tongue

Sent you both the link for Hector. Have fun
    Okay on the issues you mainly wanted testing in.
    1: Side B; It kinda works but it seems that the animations you used messes the whole move up. Sometimes it hits and sometimes it just lightly pushes the opponent behind you once you reach them. Unless that was intentional. Also is it supposed to have little knockback?
    2: Down B in air; He doesn't do anything. If you rapid tap down and B he kinda slows his decent. but he doesn't go into a counter animation. Again, unless that was intentional.
    3: Final Smash; This one is a bit strange. It will only work properly if you are directly over a floating platform. Ex: In Smashville or Battlefield. If it's over an open base platform like Final Destination, it does the initial strike to get them in the air, hits them once, then one more time sending them down below you before the final blow. Then you fly straight upwards, about the height of Hyrule Temples death boundary and slowly fall down. It doesn't do the whole move or full amount of damage. If you are over a platform though it seems to work just fine which is what's puzzling about it.

On the lesser notes, His up B is fine on the ground. I just think it's decent needs to be slowed down a bit to hit characters a little better. In the air though it sends you up in the air, same as with the FS but at least twice that distance. and you slowly fall downwards. I really don't know how you got that to happen but it looks very strange.

One more thing. Maybe adding a sweet spot on his BAir with added knockback, would be nice. Other than that he's pretty well done.
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:57:47 PM by HeavyD88 » Logged

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #202 on: January 27, 2014, 12:35:28 AM »

Alright So I have checked out your hector.

In reference to the things you wanted checked out.

His side-B First off, You can interrupt it before the animation ends. Therefore making it go into special fall is avoided and you can spam the attack. You could even Side-B then mash Neutral-A so he will interrupt the attack with his neutral a air and still be able to up-b or side-b again. Also if you manage to get the hitbox to connect it seems a second animation begins to play? I can't really tell if that was intended or not.

Heavy was spot on for his down-b in the air. Did you redirect it to his fall?

And I couldn't explain the issues with his final better then heavy.

Are you using Brawlbox or PSA to make this?

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #203 on: January 27, 2014, 12:43:00 AM »

I don't know if I can add something in everything which has been said...
    Ah yea, his Up goes below the platforms, it means that when you do the Up B under a platform, instead of stopping it on the platform, he goes through it... The same happens in the air...
    His side B is messed up too... You have to mash the buttons on ground to make him go forward... And his charging animation can only be activated in the air, and as said by ShinyMammoth, you can spam it... Other than that, his other moves are fine...
    I didn't test Air Down B... I'll try to see what's happening... Ground Down B is fine though...

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #204 on: January 27, 2014, 02:11:10 AM »

Yeah, I'd say everything other than what I mentioned above works just fine. It's mainly just the final and his air up b, air down b, and both air and ground side b that are the only issues.

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #205 on: January 27, 2014, 09:48:39 AM »

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I really appreciate it.

Okay on the issues you mainly wanted testing in.
    1: Side B; It kinda works but it seems that the animations you used messes the whole move up. Sometimes it hits and sometimes it just lightly pushes the opponent behind you once you reach them. Unless that was intentional. Also is it supposed to have little knockback?

I never re-edited the hitboxes so the move ends up pushing the person behind you instead of close to you for the spin. I also didn't re-edit the hitboxes for the spin so it doesn't have a lot of kb.

2: Down B in air; He doesn't do anything. If you rapid tap down and B he kinda slows his decent. but he doesn't go into a counter animation. Again, unless that was intentional.

Yeah he's not supposed to counter in the air. He's supposed to do his up special.

3: Final Smash; This one is a bit strange. It will only work properly if you are directly over a floating platform. Ex: In Smashville or Battlefield. If it's over an open base platform like Final Destination, it does the initial strike to get them in the air, hits them once, then one more time sending them down below you before the final blow. Then you fly straight upwards, about the height of Hyrule Temples death boundary and slowly fall down. It doesn't do the whole move or full amount of damage. If you are over a platform though it seems to work just fine which is what's puzzling about it.

The "attack" part of the final (where Ike does all the hits in the air) only has the ending part of the final. I honestly don't understand the rest of what's wrong. A picture or a video would go a long way in explaining the problem.

On the lesser notes, His up B is fine on the ground. I just think it's decent needs to be slowed down a bit to hit characters a little better. In the air though it sends you up in the air, same as with the FS but at least twice that distance. and you slowly fall downwards. I really don't know how you got that to happen but it looks very strange.

That's odd. I haven't changed a thing about the hitboxes or fallspeed at all...

One more thing. Maybe adding a sweet spot on his BAir with added knockback, would be nice. Other than that he's pretty well done.

Completely agree with you. The back air has very little kb.

Are you using Brawlbox or PSA to make this?

BBox. And I did use the change subaction. Probably should have used change action. I instead tried to change the reference inside the downB in the air in the action scripts. Looks like that didn't work lol.

And I still haven't found my sd card Sad so I'm really relying on you guys for the testing/feedback Tongue

I've updated the Dropbox link that you guys already have. Download the new FitIke.pac (that I believe is clearly labelled as new) and re-test please Tongue

Post Merge: January 27, 2014, 12:21:56 PM
    Blah! Almost got Dolphin to work with my hacks. For some reason it's not loading the sd.raw even though it's in the folder.

It ran PM just a few seconds before it though, lol
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 12:21:56 PM by drogoth » Logged

O snap

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #206 on: January 27, 2014, 12:33:26 PM »

In order for his down B to transition you need to add a change action to his action script not his subaction. Adding change sub action will only make him Do the one specified new change. Where changing actions via the action script will make him completely stop what he is doing and begin the new specified action.

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #207 on: January 27, 2014, 12:36:42 PM »

In order for his down B to transition you need to add a change action to his action script not his subaction. Adding change sub action will only make him Do the one specified new change. Where changing actions via the action script will make him completely stop what he is doing and begin the new specified action.

In both his subaction and action scripts for his down b, I've redirected the SpecialLwHi to go to SpecialHi1. If it still doesn't go then I'll just use an old animation I had for Hector's final and just add hitboxes and a "allow/disallow ledge grabbing"

O snap

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #208 on: January 27, 2014, 03:11:49 PM »

you could inject hector files into your iso if the SD.raw doesn't work

Lito
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #209 on: January 27, 2014, 03:25:26 PM »

Well from what you mentioned, everyone else got it spot on. A shame I didn't get here sooner. Also for me the up special just fails to move me upward in the air, although it makes it look like that it lies. I was right next to the ledge, move forward and when I used the up special to recover I died.  The last thing I'm gonna mention is touch ups, a few animations to go well into the idle, but I doubt that's high priority and highly understandable. Great PSA so far and I love those recolors. Can't wait for more.

Pages:  1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 85
    Print
    Jump to: