Question: You say goodbye and I say...
Hello - 15 (36.6%)
Goodbye - 4 (9.8%)
Who are you? - 3 (7.3%)
u wot m8? - 12 (29.3%)
cya nerds! - 7 (17.1%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages:  1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 85
Author Topic: Large Leader's PSA's™: Closing!  (Read 356885 times)
Large Leader
I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #285 on: February 02, 2014, 11:05:08 AM »

Finished up Links's new down tilt and backflip back dodge. I've been currently thinking of different ways to incorporate all of OoT Link's slashes.

I don't know if I should include all these ideas I'm having or not. This was supposed to be Magic Power Link not Everything-Link-did-as-an-adult Link Tongue

Edit
    Bump

Sent all the Roy files to the testers.

Remember to rename "Roy" to "Marth" and all the files.

Edit
    Bump again

Finished the deku nut throw animation, jump attack, new forward tilts, two new attack 11, 12, and 13 sets.

Will work on making Link walk back and forth when he charges his up B on the ground and giving him a different charge up and spin animation, along with a special animation that plays when he charges up his spin attack.

Will probably be borrowing Tormod's animations for FD Link's waits.

Hmmm, I'm thinking about making Farore's Wind his front smash with a new animation. Unfortunately, I might have to make him only have one front smash for balancing purposes.
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:36:44 PM by drogoth » Logged

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #286 on: February 03, 2014, 08:17:02 PM »

Okay I just got done testing Roy. Not too bad. I like what you did. But I couldn't test everything.

Things that don't work: His Up B, and UAir B. They dont get the chance to use the hitboxes because of the infinite loop you put just before them. Then he goes into his Wait1 Pose if you press B again. You can't move once this occurs. Unless you keep the momentum from the move itself. But you just slide from one end to the other until you reach a cliff or the end of the stage. Then you go into immediate special fall.  You'll see what I mean in much greater detail once I upload the video. His FS crashes the game, so I couldn't test that at all.

His Side B only does one strike that dizzies the enemy. I don't know if you wanted it to connect to another move or not.

Okay now for the moves that need some slight changes.

His Neutral B needs 1.) to be slower 2.) to have more range and 3.) the SFX and GFX need to match the pace of the move. They come too early, before you even strike.

Also you seemed to have not given him very many Fire based attacks. I think his Neutral B, Up B, and Down B need to have fire added to them with the according GFX and SFX to go with them. Also his Down B should have more knockback to it. He was stronger than Marth in that regard.

Other than that he's good. I would suggest changing his BAir animation though. It looks so out of place for him. Or at least modify it a little so his legs aren't sticking out so much.

I'll post the video soon. I'll edit this post when it's done.

Edit: Okay here's the video.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_bYlMbS9OM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_bYlMbS9OM</a>

The Flare Blade doesn't send out a secondary attack wave at all. The FS crashes once you press B when you have the Smash Ball.

I can test or even add some SFX and GFX for you in BrawlBox myself. I already did for his taunts and wins.
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:33:08 PM by HeavyD88 » Logged

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Large Leader

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #287 on: February 03, 2014, 08:57:01 PM »

Things that don't work: His Up B, and UAir B. They dont get the chance to use the hitboxes because of the infinite loop you put just before them. Then he goes into his Wait1 Pose if you press B again. You can't move once this occurs. Unless you keep the momentum from the move itself. But you just slide from one end to the other until you reach a cliff or the end of the stage. Then you go into immediate special fall.  You'll see what I mean in much greater detail once I upload the video.

Bleh, then my idea didn't work... Oh well.

His FS crashes the game, so I couldn't test that at all.

At what part? Immediately after you activate it or what?

His Side B only does one strike that dizzies the enemy. I don't know if you wanted it to connect to another move or not.

Nope, but at least know that works almost perfectly.
    Okay now for the moves that need some slight changes.

His Neutral B needs 1.) to be slower 2.) to have more range and 3.) the SFX and GFX need to match the pace of the move. They come too early, before you even strike.

I don't have an sd card, I can't really test the sfx and gfx... Yet

Although, the range thing... Does flare blade not send out a ranged hitbox?

Also you seemed to have not given him very many Fire based attacks. I think his Neutral B, Up B, and Down B need to have fire added to them with the according GFX and SFX to go with them. Also his Down B should have more knockback to it. He was stronger than Marth in that regard.

Yeah, plan to add fire in soon. Just wanted to see if this stuff worked
    Other than that he's good. I would suggest changing his BAir animation though. It looks so out of place for him. Or at least modify it a little so his legs aren't sticking out so much.

Noted
    I'll post the video soon. I'll edit this post when it's done.
    Awesome

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #288 on: February 03, 2014, 09:33:58 PM »

Okay video's up. It's in my previous post.

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #289 on: February 04, 2014, 07:29:10 AM »

Updated the dropbox link with the new FitRoy.pac

The SpecialHi should work correctly, or at least I hope so. As should the Side Special and the Final Smash.

Haven't made any other changes so far. Will probably add a frame speed modifier to the up smash, slow down the Flare Blade Slash, and make sure the hitboxes are hitting correctly on Flare Blade.

Post Merge: February 04, 2014, 07:57:53 AM
    Updated the Dropbox Link.

Added all of the above fixes, except for the correct hitboxes. I don't really know why they aren't correctly hitting. Probably need to check the frames where the hit first starts to come out.

Post Merge: February 04, 2014, 04:33:44 PM
    Alright, so I made new animations for Link's Side Smash (Farore's Wind)

If all the coding is done correctly, he should be able to do Farore's Wind in all four directions (Up, Down, Left, and Right).

I also remade Link's animation from OOT for when he is at low health.
    « Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:45:37 PM by drogoth » Logged

O snap

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #290 on: February 04, 2014, 04:47:02 PM »

Alright I'll get on testing Roy again.

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #291 on: February 04, 2014, 05:05:56 PM »

Awesome.

I think OoT Link might be the fastest I've worked on a hack lol.

O snap

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #292 on: February 05, 2014, 03:34:37 AM »

Okay, Roy seems to be the same as before. The Up B still performs the same way as last time, where he goes into invincible Wait1 animation and stays that way. Also there are no hitboxes.

His Side B is better, but the connecting hitbox is hard to actually achieve to go into the next strike. I've only gotten to the second hit. Cant really get it to work smoothly.

His Final Smash doesn't crash the game anymore, but it's still broken. Now he just goes into Wait1 like his Up B, but this time he's completely intangible. You walk right through him. He just gets stuck there and you cant move at all. Meaning the match wont end until you restart it.

The Neutral B seems to have the same issue where the fire wave doesn't come out. I saw the hitbox in Brawl Box but when I used it in-game it wasn't there.

All his normal moves are fine, except that you seemed to have mistakenly slowed down his Down Smash to a ridiculous amount, and not his Up Smash. Other than that, the normal moves work as intended. I would say that some of the animations would need a touch up though. His Dash Attack in particular. I could do that for you if you want.
    « Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 03:40:47 AM by HeavyD88 » Logged

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #293 on: February 05, 2014, 05:24:43 AM »

Okay, Roy seems to be the same as before. The Up B still performs the same way as last time, where he goes into invincible Wait1 animation and stays that way. Also there are no hitboxes.

Alright, I'll scrap my idea for the up-B and just leave it like Marths.
    His Side B is better, but the connecting hitbox is hard to actually achieve to go into the next strike. I've only gotten to the second hit. Cant really get it to work smoothly.

Yeah, definitely need to add more time so you can go to the next hit.

His Final Smash doesn't crash the game anymore, but it's still broken. Now he just goes into Wait1 like his Up B, but this time he's completely intangible. You walk right through him. He just gets stuck there and you cant move at all. Meaning the match wont end until you restart it.

Interesting... I might know why.

The Neutral B seems to have the same issue where the fire wave doesn't come out. I saw the hitbox in Brawl Box but when I used it in-game it wasn't there.

Did you hit someone with the sword first? Or did you try to hit from a distance?

All his normal moves are fine, except that you seemed to have mistakenly slowed down his Down Smash to a ridiculous amount, and not his Up Smash. Other than that, the normal moves work as intended. I would say that some of the animations would need a touch up though. His Dash Attack in particular. I could do that for you if you want.

Didn't mean to slow the down smash too much and I'm going to remake the animation for his up smash and dash attack.

O snap

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #294 on: February 05, 2014, 06:18:45 AM »

Did you hit someone with the sword first? Or did you try to hit from a distance?

With the Flare Blade attack, I tried both. From a distance and up close. It didn't work right. The sword hitboxes were there though.

Alright, I'll scrap my idea for the up-B and just leave it like Marths.

For his Up B, what exactly were you trying to do with it? I'm intrigued. Also try to make it a multi hit fire attack.

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #295 on: February 05, 2014, 06:22:37 AM »

With the Flare Blade attack, I tried both. From a distance and up close. It didn't work right. The sword hitboxes were there though.

That's interesting... Maybe I'll just leave both hitboxes there.

For his Up B, what exactly were you trying to do with it? I'm intrigued. Also try to make it a multi hit fire attack.

So that if you pressed B a little bit before Roy jumped, you could charge it for a little bit and perform a stronger version of the attack (using Thany's De-cloned Roy's Up B animation). I'm pretty sure I can get it to work, now that I looked at the code again (for some reason, it didn't save my changes and was left the same).

Updated the link again, this time only the FitRoy MostRecent is the one that needs to be downloaded. The Side Special should (in theory) continue on with the combo, I believe the up special should be fixed (if the program saved it...), and the final smash should be working correctly.

O snap

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #296 on: February 05, 2014, 06:33:54 AM »

So that if you pressed B a little bit before Roy jumped, you could charge it for a little bit and perform a stronger version of the attack (using Thany's De-cloned Roy's Up B animation). I'm pretty sure I can get it to work, now that I looked at the code again (for some reason, it didn't save my changes and was left the same).

Updated the link again, this time only the FitRoy MostRecent is the one that needs to be downloaded. The Side Special should (in theory) continue on with the combo, I believe the up special should be fixed (if the program saved it...), and the final smash should be working correctly.
    Okay, that would actually be pretty awesome if you can get it to work.

I'll test him now and see if it saved your work this time.

Edit: Alright, well the Final Smash has gone back to crashing the game upon activation. The Up B still doesn't work. Same problem occurs as before. His Side B works, but still hard to connect. I think I know why though hold on and let me check something... Okay, do you need to have the Set Loop on the SpecialS1 to be infinite for the move to transition to the next?

Post Merge: February 05, 2014, 09:05:48 AM
    I've been trying to work on some methods to get your ideas to work, with Brawl Box. So far I haven't been successful but I'm still trying.
    « Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:06:43 AM by HeavyD88 » Logged

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #297 on: February 05, 2014, 09:10:54 AM »

Okay, that would actually be pretty awesome if you can get it to work.

I'll test him now and see if it saved your work this time.

Edit: Alright, well the Final Smash has gone back to crashing the game upon activation. The Up B still doesn't work. Same problem occurs as before. His Side B works, but still hard to connect. I think I know why though hold on and let me check something... Okay, do you need to have the Set Loop on the SpecialS1 to be infinite for the move to transition to the next?

Post Merge: February 05, 2014, 09:05:48 AM
    I've been trying to work on some methods to get your ideas to work, with Brawl Box. So far I haven't been successful but I'm still trying.

Alright, I still have ideas to get the final smash to work.

Might just make the Up B not throw him into special fall if all the hits connect.

And yeah, you need the infinite loop for it to work for some odd reason. What hit can you get to before the combo stops?

O snap

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #298 on: February 05, 2014, 09:26:02 AM »

The second one. Which is annoying, because the only way it starts up the second hit is if the opponent is right on top of me. The only hitbox that seems to apply to the If statement is the LShoulderN Bone one.
    « Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:29:50 AM by HeavyD88 » Logged

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #299 on: February 05, 2014, 09:29:37 AM »

Alright, I still have ideas to get the final smash to work.

Might just make the Up B not throw him into special fall if all the hits connect.

And yeah, you need the infinite loop for it to work for some odd reason. What hit can you get to before the combo stops?
    1st one only... And the 2nd if playing in slow motion free for all...

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Pages:  1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 85
    Print
    Jump to: