Understanding the file types behind Brawl hacking..

Started by vince220, May 25, 2013, 07:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

May 25, 2013, 07:49:02 AM Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:08:58 PM by vince220
I've recently uploaded some hacks onto my Brawl file and everything is going just fine. There's just some parts that I don't understand and was wondering about. First of all, what does a .pac file in the fighter folder do? From my understanding, .pcs files determine the appearance of a character as far as color goes while .pac files can alter the character's shape. Is that correct? Secondly, what part of my Brawl files determine a character's moveset? I've seen some hacks that change a fighter's moves (as seen in the Goku vs Vegeta videos on Youtube) while others just change the texture; I've been unable to pinpoint exactly what differentiates these two types of hacks. Finally, how do "FitXXXXMotionEtx.pac" files fit into the whole equations? Thanks for helping me out guys!

So regarding what some of these thngs actually do....
Generally;
FitCharacter.pac -moveset
FitCharacter00.pac/pcs -Original texture
FitCharacter01.pac/pcs -Red texture
FitCharacter02.pac/pcs -green texture
FitCharacter03.pac/pcs -blue texture
FitCharacterMotionetc.pac -animations
The texture numbers vary depending on the character.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=25566.0 Try this for more understanding. :happy:

Thanks! Things are making more sense now... Just one more thing. If FitCharacter.pac files determine moveset, what does FitCharacter##.pac do? Will it override the FitCharacter.pac file for that specific texture? Essentially, I'm just curious if a single character can have multiple movesets with thus use of ##.pac files

That is not possible. I've seen that question many times. a FitCharacter##.pac is just the character texture and model for 1 color. A FitCharacter.pac is where a character's Hitboxes and the sort are placed. They can't be placed over a specific color.