cBliss v1.5 [16?]

Started by ASF1nk, May 28, 2013, 10:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

16?

Si
Siiiiiiiii!
Quote from: Keil Crimson on June 01, 2013, 10:02:41 AM
This isn't working for me. When I type in the name of the folder I extracted my iso to for the CopyCharFiles batch, it keeps saying it can't find the path at all. I even tried doing a more detailed and literal path and it still couldn't find it. What gives?

I just have the folder named "Brawl" inside of bin.

Try: Brawl\DATA\

Already edited that into my last post, but thanks.

Now if I can just get this working right with P:M. I did everything I needed to do to edit the GCT, but instead of loading the alt Fox outfits that came with cBliss, it loaded the default Fox in all the new slots. G&W's new colors worked correctly, though.


Quote from: Keil Crimson on June 01, 2013, 10:02:41 AMOkay, I have to be honest. This line here and a few others you've said bother me a lot.

You know, a good number of us are trying to do this for P:M and in case you didn't know, that doesn't come with a .txt file with all of the codes. You're really coming off as rather condescending with a lot of your remarks, to be honest. Is it too much to ask for you to explain a bit more calmly instead of talking to us as if we were ignorant children? Because maybe it's just be, but it sounds like you don't really want to help us from your tone and attitude.
Maybe I'm just completely misunderstanding the problem there, but if the PMBR decided that they didn't want people to customize their codeset, then I don't really see how it's ASF's duty to do the work for them and adapt his codes to their stuff? I mean, that's kind of a part of the deal when you go for a product which is not meant for customization.

If you guys want to have those codes working properly into P:M, I would suggest going to the PMBR guys and asking them to add ASF's codes to their codeset and fix the problem themselves. If ASF is okay with them adding his stuff in P:M, that is.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Yeah, you're right.

You are completely misunderstanding the problem here. Also, it's not that the PMBR doesn't want anyone customizing anything, it's just that things are still unstable with them still doing demos and not going "Gold" just yet, which is why they've stated they wouldn't be giving out text files of any sort until that was no longer the issue.

Besides, I don't see why we shouldn't try to use mods with mods, as that's what we're always doing anyways. That never stopped anyone who played Brawl+, Brawl-, Balanced Brawl, and of course there's still vBrawl in general.

But yes, you're misreading. He's stated that this works just fine with P:M. None of us seem to be able to get it to work despite what he's said to do, however, aside from one person who I'm hoping will come back on and just plain share his files to make our lives easier. I'm asking "How does this work?" not "Make this work NOW!".

More to the point, my problem is with his attitude in his posts when people are trying to understand what to do. Not just those of us using P:M, but everyone in general. He's really not being that patient or considerate with anyone by going "You shouldn't even try if you don't know what you're doing" or other things that could discourage people from trying to learn how this confusing thing works.

And about that last part...Are you serious? I can't believe you even suggested that. You KNOW that's not gonna work. XD


June 01, 2013, 02:08:45 PM #199 Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 02:57:15 PM by Miacis
QuoteMore to the point, my problem is with his attitude in his posts when people are trying to understand what to do. Not just those of us using P:M, but everyone in general. He's really not being that patient or considerate with anyone by going "You shouldn't even try if you don't know what you're doing" or other things that could discourage people from trying to learn how this confusing thing works.
There's been almost 10 pages of people asking for help just like you, in just a few days, and ASF has been regularly updating with new codes, and offsets, and other shiny things to make all this more user-friendly. It's already pretty impressive, by these standards, that he managed to answer so many questions, most of them due to the users not even focusing and making dumb mistakes.

This thing has been out for 3 days. Just be patient, and you'll get your answer eventually, without having to pressure ASF into writing paragraphs on all the possible things that could [censored] up.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Keil Crimson on June 01, 2013, 10:02:41 AM
Edit: So thanks to my buddy dRape, we found out there's a little mistake in your CopyCharFiles batch. The batch actually has to be inside made from the extraction rather than the bin folder where the other ones are.

If the was intentional, then it sure wasn't explained too well. >>


The batch is flawless for me O.o

If, say, the mario folder is in /bin/Brawl/files/fighter/mario, it will work. If for some reason WIT puts an additional folder between 'Brawl' and 'files' or something, then it won't work. Maybe my iso lacks some partition or something and there's less folders in the structure...
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

June 01, 2013, 04:45:43 PM #201 Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 04:56:38 PM by ShadowSnake
Quote from: ShadowSnake on June 01, 2013, 02:07:23 AM
It worked, thanks! It fixed itself after I added the stage expansion pack. strange way to fix it, but hey it works.

@ Asf1nk

Well my glitch is fixed ^

Do you think your new CSS and SSS will work with cBliss or will filesize overtake it?

Well the glitch is back, it worked for one match but every other time after it froze. I ended up erasing the files off my sd card and just added the riivolution cBliss pack with no changed files but it still freezes everytime at the SSS.

I am guessing either the riivolution mod launcher was patched poorly and doesnt like to run the files often or i have a corrupt sd card. Because i know for a fact that it's not my files or additional codes now.

Is anyone else getting freezes at the SSS regardless of if the character is modded or not? Like i will have default mario vs default dk and it will freeze.

Are the cBliss pac/pcs files required? like 06, 07, 08, 09.pac/pcs even if we are just loading default mario? I don't see why we would but I keep getting freezes at the SSS.

Sorry to be such a pester, I just could not imagine turning such an incredible mod like this down.

EDIT:

Completely formatted the sd card and added the Riivo pack and it still freezes. I even tried a few of the other Hooks like KPad and JoyPad but it still freezes at the SSS. I wonder if i have a corrupt save data or something because I don't know what else it could be.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Quote from: ShadowSnake on June 01, 2013, 04:45:43 PM
Well the glitch is back, it worked for one match but every other time after it froze. I ended up erasing the files off my sd card and just added the riivolution cBliss pack with no changed files but it still freezes everytime at the SSS.

I am guessing either the riivolution mod launcher was patched poorly and doesnt like to run the files often or i have a corrupt sd card. Because i know for a fact that it's not my files or additional codes now.

Is anyone else getting freezes at the SSS regardless of if the character is modded or not? Like i will have default mario vs default dk and it will freeze.

Are the cBliss pac/pcs files required? like 06, 07, 08, 09.pac/pcs even if we are just loading default mario? I don't see why we would but I keep getting freezes at the SSS.

Sorry to be such a pester, I just could not imagine turning such an incredible mod like this down.

EDIT:

Completely formatted the sd card and added the Riivo pack and it still freezes. I even tried a few of the other Hooks like KPad and JoyPad but it still freezes at the SSS. I wonder if i have a corrupt save data or something because I don't know what else it could be.

Well, you can add create= "true" after resize="true" in the
info/portrite line in the xml provided in the Riivo Kit to see if that worked.

Is it possible to change a character's color in sse mode? That would be awesome :)
Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

June 01, 2013, 06:22:03 PM #204 Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:22:57 PM by Syeo
Quote from: ShadowSnake on June 01, 2013, 04:45:43 PM
Is anyone else getting freezes at the SSS regardless of if the character is modded or not? Like i will have default mario vs default dk and it will freeze.

Same problem. My hope is that someone, where cBliss + Stage Expansion are working, can upload something like a template (gct file + Riivolution.xml + sc_selmap (with all the custom slots)) so all you need is to replace the music, the stages, the characters, the CSPs, etc.

Did the same as you, but Brawl keeps freezing, wonder why. Just chose the Fox character's that were added to the package or the original characters, but surprise surprise: freezing.

@ASF1nk
did you see my PM since i wanted to know if what i said was possible with this code
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

June 01, 2013, 07:15:14 PM #206 Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 07:16:32 PM by Winderus
I have a problem , too ....
If i want to take another costume (the new costumes), my game freeze ...  :-\

I dont copy the Riivolution.xml , because i don´t know if i need that as Pal user.

though i am happy   ;)

I hope some Pal users can help me  :)
If i got something to work you will see it in youtube ....

I seem to fail everytime when I try to replace the pat files MenSelmapPlayer1/2/3/4_TopN in my sc_selmap file with the one in cbliss  :P

it keeps freezing at sss.

But I'm glad I was able to replace the pat in stgresult, all eight of em' work fine.

June 01, 2013, 07:51:17 PM #208 Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 07:57:58 PM by ASF1nk
To recap.

"It does work on PM or whatever mod you want to use, just gotta know how to GCT Edit. Which most people here fail miserably at.

Anyways Marth works he will just use FitMarth03.pac as blue team, not the purple one or whatever it currently is.

Chard, Squirtle, and Ivy my guess is they have a code affecting them.

Here are the original Costume offset for said characters.
0x80455620 804553AC Charizard
0x80455630 804553B8 Squirtle
0x80455640 804553C4 Ivysaur

First column is memory address second is the value at that address.

So using the search feature on your text file
search for 804553AC [chard], and replace with 80455334
search for 804553B8 [squirt], and replace with 80455334
search for 804553C4 [Ivy], and replace with 80455334


I know what the problem is.
I had no idea they were editing the Wario costumes, but turns out they are.
Here is Wario's default costume offset.

Wario Costume color offset
0x80455334 05000001
0x80455338 02050302
0x8045533c 08040103
0x80455340 02060007
0x80455344 01090308
0x80455348 070A090B
0x8045534c 0C000000

Search for the values in the first column with out the first 80.
If any match delete the whole line.
For example you will search first for 455334.
then 455338, etc."

That should really be it for PM.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 01, 2013, 12:50:51 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That's awesome, do you mind if I post it in the OP?

Quote from: MrUnusual on June 01, 2013, 04:00:35 AM
I did all of that before I posted :/ but it didn't work for me for some reason, I used the same program too (CodeMgr1.1), I put in these codes:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And this is what happens when I try to convert it to a GCT file:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I dunno what I'm doing wrong :/ on top of that, using this method won't let me save and it won't use my save file, so I don't have all of the characters :( but I'll worry about that part later.

Obviously you're using the wrong version.
Download the one in the tutorial...
-------------------------------------------------
To people using Riivo turns out you do need ALL the character files including the defaults.
Sorry for not testing that, as you know I'm not a Riivo user.

But yeah try adding all the files even the default ones and see if it works.
I'll upload a new version with all character needed soon.


EDIT:

Quote from: Mariodk on June 01, 2013, 07:13:16 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Yeah I got it and it's possible I just don't want to confuse people with other codes.

Quote from: Winderus on June 01, 2013, 07:15:14 PM
I have a problem , too ....
If i want to take another costume (the new costumes), my game freeze ...  :-\

I dont copy the Riivolution.xml , because i don“t know if i need that as Pal user.

though i am happy   ;)

I hope some Pal users can help me  :)
I think PAL users need their own XML someone please verify that.
And if so please share.

Quote from: Kaaoeyi on June 01, 2013, 07:18:07 PM
I seem to fail everytime when I try to replace the pat files MenSelmapPlayer1/2/3/4_TopN in my sc_selmap file with the one in cbliss  :P

it keeps freezing at sss.

But I'm glad I was able to replace the pat in stgresult, all eight of em' work fine.
like I said the SSS is not really necessary, it is just included on the Kit because it has the stockicons. You can choose to op out of it and use the default one if you like.
Skype: ASF1nk



Alright, I've tried this out this morning, and everything worked flawless with P:M. Thanks for helping me get it working!

I've been running P:M with cBliss and the Alternate Stage Loader with no problems, so I can confirm that it all works.

(If anyone needs help getting this to work with P:M, inbox me!)