cBliss v1.5 [16?]

Started by ASF1nk, May 28, 2013, 10:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

16?

Si
Siiiiiiiii!
ASF1nk, I love how you say that the included BPs and CSPs are needed because they're arranged differently and don't mention that they use CMPR format instead of CI8, which uses more memory space than CMPR. That is most likely why the games have been freezing on places like the Results Screen and such, because the game is trying to load more memory than it can.
I had the same thing happen to me a while back when I tried to make CSPs and BPs more detailed by using the RGBA8 format, but it'd keep freezing on me until I changed it back to CI8, where less memory is needed.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

May 31, 2013, 06:33:02 PM #181 Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 06:36:12 PM by ASF1nk
Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 31, 2013, 02:14:12 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Thanks mewtwo2k! I'll take a look at WIT and see what I can do.

Quote from: GanonZack on May 31, 2013, 03:52:31 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Random Icon means you're missing the CSS fixes for Giga & Company code.

Quote from: nernerman on May 31, 2013, 03:54:36 PM
Wow. Just to think the reason I couldn't get it to work is just because I spelled the "char_bust_tex" folder wrong. Just one little screw up can blow everything over.
Yeah, I know that's where most people getting freezes are messing up.
The tiny details.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on May 31, 2013, 05:17:43 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Oh they work with the stockicons all I said was that they were not necessary.

Quote from: TaikoMang on May 31, 2013, 05:25:00 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I know what the problem is.
I had no idea they were editing the Wario costumes, but turns out they are.
Here is Wario's default costume offset.

Wario Costume color offset
0x80455334 05000001
0x80455338 02050302
0x8045533c 08040103
0x80455340 02060007
0x80455344 01090308
0x80455348 070A090B
0x8045534c 0C000000

Search for the values in the first column with out the first 80.
If any match delete the whole line.
For example you will search first for 455334.
then 455338, etc.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on May 31, 2013, 06:11:13 PM[spoiler]
ASF1nk, I love how you say that the included BPs and CSPs are needed because they're arranged differently and don't mention that they use CMPR format instead of CI8, which uses more memory space than CMPR. That is most likely why the games have been freezing on places like the Results Screen and such, because the game is trying to load more memory than it can.
I had the same thing happen to me a while back when I tried to make CSPs and BPs more detailed by using the RGBA8 format, but it'd keep freezing on me until I changed it back to CI8, where less memory is needed.[spoiler]

Wait so you're saying I changed the portraits to CMPR, and that C18 loads more memory than CMPR. And because I changed to CMPR that some how means the game is loading more memory than C18?  :notimp:

NO.

CMPR format has NOTHING to do with the freezes.
It just goes easier on the filesize which is a GOOD thing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW here are the original Costume offsets just in case.


CSP Offsets
0x80455460 804551E8 Mario
0x80455470 804551F8 DK
0x80455480 80455208 Link
0x80455490 80455218 Samus
0x804554A0 80455228 ZeroSuit Samus
0x804554B0 80455238 Yoshi
0x804554C0 80455248 Kirby
0x804554D0 80455258 Fox
0x804554E0 80455268 Pikachu
0x804554F0 80455274 Luigi
0x80455500 80455284 Captain Falcon
0x80455510 80455294 Ness
0x80455520 804552A4 Bowser
0x80455530 804552B4 Peach
0x80455540 804552C4 Zelda
0x80455550 804552D4 Sheik
0x80455560 804552E4 Ice Climbers
0x80455570 804552F4 Marth
0x80455580 80455304 G&W
0x80455590 80455314 Falco
0x804555A0 80455324 Ganondorf
0x804555B0 80455334 Wario
0x804555C0 80455350 MetaKnight
0x804555D0 80455360 Pit
0x804555E0 80455370 Olimar
0x804555F0 80455380 Lucas
0x80455600 80455390 Diddy
0x80455610 804553A0 Pokemon Trainer
0x80455620 804553AC Charizard
0x80455630 804553B8 Squirtle
0x80455640 804553C4 Ivysaur
0x80455650 804553D0 Dedede
0x80455660 804553E0 Lucario
0x80455670 804553EC Ike
0x80455680 804553FC ROB
0x80455690 8045540C Jigglypuff
0x804556A0 80455418 ToonLink
0x804556B0 80455428 Wolf
0x804556C0 80455438 Snake
0x804556D0 80455448 Sonic


This can be used to turn off cBliss on characters you want.
Just replace in the All Roster has Costume Offset FIX. v2 code.
Characters are in the same order.
Only do this if you have mastered cBliss. If you don't even know what you're doing don't try please.
Skype: ASF1nk



My brawl was crashing too, but I figured out the reason

you need the pac and the pcs file from EVERY SINGLE custom model on your Fighter folder
even if it isnt an extra costume slot..

Quote from: ASF1nk on May 31, 2013, 06:33:02 PM
Wait so you're saying I changed the portraits to CMPR, and that C18 loads more memory than CMPR. And because I changed to CMPR that some how means the game is loading more memory than C18?  :notimp:
NO.
CMPR format has NOTHING to do with the freezes.
It just goes easier on the filesize which is a GOOD thing.
You sure? Because the game froze on me when the CSPs and BPs used more memory....might've been because I used RGBA8 and WiiSchrubber that time, but still file size tends to add up when multiple files use more memory that they originally did. I could probably list how many times the game froze on me when using a couple of large hacks in a single match. Either way, it'll still help to have the CSPs and BPs use CMPR instead of CI8.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

May 31, 2013, 06:58:36 PM #184 Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:00:37 PM by ASF1nk
Quote from: shadowXtreme on May 31, 2013, 06:35:31 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I don't think you have even bothered to take a look at the files...
They are CMPR. <_<
Skype: ASF1nk



Does cBliss work with the extra character slot yet?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59365.0 - Extra Char Slot Forum


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

Quote from: ASF1nk on May 31, 2013, 06:33:02 PM
I know what the problem is.
I had no idea they were editing the Wario costumes, but turns out they are.
Here is Wario's default costume offset.

Wario Costume color offset
0x80455334 05000001
0x80455338 02050302
0x8045533c 08040103
0x80455340 02060007
0x80455344 01090308
0x80455348 070A090B
0x8045534c 0C000000

Search for the values in the first column with out the first 80.
If any match delete the whole line.
For example you will search first for 455334.
then 455338, etc.
It seems to have worked, thank you! I haven't fully tested it, since I haven't added any extra colours, but the problem characters seem to work fine!
I completely forgot that the Project M team modified Wario, sorry about that! They swapped the order of the costumes, to switch the biker costume with the classic one, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, I'll fully test it later, thanks again!

I've been looking at the WIT thing I pointed out before, and I'm making some easy bat to extract the files from a disc into a folder, and then the default costume gets copied into the new ones. Here's what I got so far, I'm still working on it:



After all the costumes are copied, only an instruction like 'wit copy %path% game.iso' and you've got the new iso file named game.iso with the characters in it. That would just have copies of the standard costume for all the extra ones, but you avoid the possibility of freeze if some of them is missing in your sd card. You can also copy your custom ones into the iso file and forget about using the sd card for all the costumes.

Specially recommended for those who load brawl from usb.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: ASF1nk on May 31, 2013, 06:58:36 PM
I don't think you have even bothered to take a look at the files...
They are CMPR. <_<
I know they are, that's why I said that it was funny that you didn't mention the new ones being in a different format in the first comment. xD
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

So I've finally made that bat to be used with WIT.

Here's a vault entry with the bat files and all the info in the descryption:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32279

In short, WIT can quickly extract all the files inside a Brawl image file (iso, ciso, wbfs...) and put them all in folders. You can edit the files in those folders normally, and then write a new image file with the changes. I've included a bat that clones all the 00 characters into the not existing ones from 00 to 09 except for Wario and Game & Watch. It also clones the PT Final smash and Peach Entries. If you do that, you don't have to worry about not having certain costume in the sd card and the game freezing because of that. In fact, that same thing can be done for the stage expansion, you can add the needed .rel and .pac files so you don't get freezes when using the ASL with custom stage slots.

So well, hope this helps people and stuff.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 31, 2013, 02:14:12 PM
Nice, well explained and detailed. I'm sure a lot of people will be using this.

Congrats on the big success ;)

Suggestion: As I suppose many people are using an iso, and not the original disc to play, it would be cool if you prepared a batch file to use with WIT so the extra needed files are always inside the iso file and things like forgetting to replace a costume in the sd card don't freeze the game. If you're not familiar with WIT, here's the homepage:

http://wit.wiimm.de/

You can extract all the files from an iso, add files to the folders generated, and build the iso again with the added files. I've done it before with the stage expansion.

How did you done it with stage expansion??? With Dantarion stage expansion or normal?
do you have the batch file that is apparently needed to run stage expansion stages on ISO files? :(

Quote from: ShinF on May 31, 2013, 05:45:12 AM
I had that issue a couple of times as well. I played around with making a new GCT from my old one and eventually it just started working. It's definitely not the rels. I've got Cloud on Olimar, Thany's Roy on ROB, and Shadow on Jigglypuff, and they all work fine with it.

It worked, thanks! It fixed itself after I added the stage expansion pack. strange way to fix it, but hey it works.

@ Asf1nk

Well my glitch is fixed ^

Do you think your new CSS and SSS will work with cBliss or will filesize overtake it?
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Quote from: ASF1nk on May 31, 2013, 10:25:36 AM
Glad it works for you on dolphin now.
As for the GCT files you can only use ONE.
Idk why you tried to convert the GCT back to TXT file.
You should just make a new text file and copy your codes there and THEN create a GTC file.
Here is a nice tut by me. =P
http://lsteam.proboards.com/thread/364/noob-guide-gct-file

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The common problem I see here, is people going about doing their own thing and failing miserably.

Here is a tutorial to GCT making by me.
http://lsteam.proboards.com/thread/364/noob-guide-gct-file

I can also see many of you are using GCT Edit, why you don't have the original text files for your codes is beyond me, but you should really learn how to GCT Edit.

When using GCTEdit
Copy the TXT file [Bottom Left window]
Into a new notepad file and then follow the GCT tutorial by me.
I don't recommend the "Add code" button on GCTEdit.
You must ALWAYS check for duplicate codes; use the crt+f [find] function to search for dupes since most of the codes are going to be piled up in an unknown code chunk.

Also when you make a freezing post [<.<]
Say if silent or beep, where it froze, and what exactly were you trying to do.
Also might as well post your codes while you're at it...


I REALLY recommend people to have a text file for their codes, so you don't have to mess with GCTEdit.

And please I gave you a private folder for a reason.
If you have an old private folder
copy the contents if the old into the cBliss one and not the other way around. You guys seem to be forgetting files.

Mandatory files are:
sc_selcharacter.pac [Gecko Only]
sc_selmap.pac [Gecko Only]
common5.pac [Riivo Only]
MenSelchrFaceB000.brres - MenSelchrFaceB460.brres [BOTH Riivo and Gecko]
InfFace001.bress - InfFace470.brres [BOTH Riivo and Gecko]

I did all of that before I posted :/ but it didn't work for me for some reason, I used the same program too (CodeMgr1.1), I put in these codes:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And this is what happens when I try to convert it to a GCT file:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I dunno what I'm doing wrong :/ on top of that, using this method won't let me save and it won't use my save file, so I don't have all of the characters :( but I'll worry about that part later.

June 01, 2013, 10:02:41 AM #193 Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:34:55 AM by Keil Crimson
Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 01, 2013, 12:50:51 AM
So I've finally made that bat to be used with WIT.

Here's a vault entry with the bat files and all the info in the descryption:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32279

In short, WIT can quickly extract all the files inside a Brawl image file (iso, ciso, wbfs...) and put them all in folders. You can edit the files in those folders normally, and then write a new image file with the changes. I've included a bat that clones all the 00 characters into the not existing ones from 00 to 09 except for Wario and Game & Watch. It also clones the PT Final smash and Peach Entries. If you do that, you don't have to worry about not having certain costume in the sd card and the game freezing because of that. In fact, that same thing can be done for the stage expansion, you can add the needed .rel and .pac files so you don't get freezes when using the ASL with custom stage slots.

So well, hope this helps people and stuff.

This isn't working for me. When I type in the name of the folder I extracted my iso to for the CopyCharFiles batch, it keeps saying it can't find the path at all. I even tried doing a more detailed and literal path and it still couldn't find it. What gives?

I just have the folder named "Brawl" inside of bin.

Edit: So thanks to my buddy dRape, we found out there's a little mistake in your CopyCharFiles batch. The batch actually has to be inside made from the extraction rather than the bin folder where the other ones are.

If the was intentional, then it sure wasn't explained too well. >>

Quote from: ASF1nk on May 31, 2013, 10:25:36 AM
I can also see many of you are using GCT Edit, why you don't have the original text files for your codes is beyond me, but you should really learn how to GCT Edit.

Okay, I have to be honest. This line here and a few others you've said bother me a lot.

You know, a good number of us are trying to do this for P:M and in case you didn't know, that doesn't come with a .txt file with all of the codes. You're really coming off as rather condescending with a lot of your remarks, to be honest. Is it too much to ask for you to explain a bit more calmly instead of talking to us as if we were ignorant children? Because maybe it's just be, but it sounds like you don't really want to help us from your tone and attitude.

We're thankful for this and everything. We just all want to figure out what we're doing wrong or possibly missing. Be a little more patient.


Quote from: MrUnusual on June 01, 2013, 04:00:35 AM
I did all of that before I posted :/ but it didn't work for me for some reason, I used the same program too (CodeMgr1.1)

You're NOT using the same program, that's what you're doing wrong. You have that crappy version of the code manager that refuses to export more than 256 lines. Get the one from the tutorial ASF1nk posted.