cBliss v1.5 [16?]

Started by ASF1nk, May 28, 2013, 10:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

16?

Si
Siiiiiiiii!
June 02, 2013, 08:58:09 AM #240 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:51:17 AM by Mr.MW
HMM
-i think there is a major bug with the CSS organizer software, it keeps giving me a corrupted sc_selcharacter.pac file
-the new brawlbox is not compressing the sc_selcharacter files correctly, I needed to use brawlbox 67b
-some of the letters inside the CSS v3 code, within the link you gave in reference, are not capatilized; i dont know if that exports a corrupted gct or not so watch out for that

June 02, 2013, 11:33:54 AM #241 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 01:27:27 PM by Keil Crimson
Quote from: ASF1nk on June 02, 2013, 08:10:36 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Welp, the good news is, the game doesn't lock up at "GO!" anymore. Everything seems to be okay.

The bad news, however, is that L-Canceling isn't working correctly anymore, now. I had no issues pulling it off before. Just press the L or R button as you're landing from an aerial attack and you'll flash white, indicating that you've pulled it off and will reduce and cancel out of landing lag. It was simple but useful.

But now it's not working. No matter how precise I am with it, it doesn't work. I've seen it come out maybe a couple of times where I decided to rapidly mash the R button as I was landing, but even with that it only happened twice, and that's nowhere near as efficient to begin with.

Edit: ...ASF1nk...You used the WiFi codeset instead of the normal one...Why? You need to use the normal codeset.

Because of that, there are no light presses and L-Canceling won't work right. Use the standard GCT for modifying stuff. Not the Wi-Fi one.


I have a quick question, what did you change in the STGRESULT.pac? I'd like to use this with a custom one, but it crashes.

June 02, 2013, 03:02:14 PM #243 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 03:10:14 PM by dRage
Quote from: ASF1nk on June 02, 2013, 08:10:36 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Alright, I followed what you did and made the same changes to the Full Codeset.

Everything seems to work perfectly, I ran into some odd silent freezes on Squirtle and Ivysaur but I figured out what's the issue there. I've been using Mewtwo's batch files to add the additonal default costumes to my ISO, turns it didn't add Squirtle and Ivy's 05 costume which are exactly the ones that froze on me. After putting the respective pac/pcs files on my SD it worked.

So yeah, Mewtwo might want to fix that.

Here's my edited textfile.

EDIT: Picking the same costume for the Indi Pokes doesn't result in a freeze for me either.

Quote from: dRage on June 02, 2013, 03:02:14 PM
I've been using Mewtwo's batch files to add the additonal default costumes to my ISO, turns it didn't add Squirtle and Ivy's 05 costume which are exactly the ones that froze on me. After putting the respective pac/pcs files on my SD it worked.

So yeah, Mewtwo might want to fix that.


Fixed the bat, thanks for the info  :kdance:
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

June 02, 2013, 04:15:34 PM #245 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 04:19:01 PM by MrUnusual
Quote from: ASF1nk on June 02, 2013, 08:10:36 AM
@MrUnusual
Just delete the sc_selmap.pac and use the one that came with Melee/64 stage expansion.
I copied over every file in the Melee/64 Expansion pack rar onto the sd.raw in WinImage. Looking through the rar though, I discovered that there is no menu2 folder in the Melee/64 Expansion rar (in neither v1 nor v2) which means that there's no sc_selmap.pac, because that's where that file is usually. In other words, the Melee/64 Stage Expansion rar didn't come with a sc_selmap.pac  :-\ I even downloaded the new, updated common5.pac the the guy who created the Melee/64 Stage Expansion and used that, did nothing :/

Quote from: dRage on June 02, 2013, 03:02:14 PM
Alright, I followed what you did and made the same changes to the Full Codeset.

Everything seems to work perfectly, I ran into some odd silent freezes on Squirtle and Ivysaur but I figured out what's the issue there. I've been using Mewtwo's batch files to add the additonal default costumes to my ISO, turns it didn't add Squirtle and Ivy's 05 costume which are exactly the ones that froze on me. After putting the respective pac/pcs files on my SD it worked.

So yeah, Mewtwo might want to fix that.

Here's my edited textfile.

EDIT: Picking the same costume for the Indi Pokes doesn't result in a freeze for me either.

I got the chance to test this out for awhile before he posted it, and I gotta say it works flawlessly. Definitely get this if you want cBliss with P:M. XD

And now I'm all happy and stuffs. Sorry for getting so angry and frustrated before :3


Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 01, 2013, 11:23:32 PM
Yes to the first, cause you can have all your hacks in your iso and no need to use a virtual sd anymore. For the second, I'm not sure, wiiscrubber may not work well with the re-made iso, but anyway, changing the files once they're extracted and build a new iso with the changed files will always be faster and safer than using wiiscrubber.
I always wanted to use this tool, I've had it for awhile now, but I'm not quite sure if I follow. You mean to tell me you have a better way of editing iso's using something else besides wiiscrubber? If you do I'd really love to hear it, wiiscrubber is great and all but you just can't edit EVERYTHING with it, which is kinda aggrovating, also, I'm having a hard time using this tool as well.. how exactly does it work?

To everybody having problems adapting this to Project M, I am on the same boat, but I might have some progress.

I managed to make all of Fox's costume work, all of Game&Watch's costume work, all stage hacks work, all Project M codes work (air dodge like melee, wavedash, l cancel etc.), and all CSPs to work.

Before, I could only select the new Fox costumes, not the original ones. I replaced the sc_selmap file in Project M with the one provided in the cBliss download (also copying the new file into the "menu2" folder) and it worked.

I tried changing the game to have Project M's aesthetics (currently working version has Brawl's SSS and white background on CSS) by replacing Modules [30], [40], [50], and [70] in sel_character with the ones in Project M but the game began to freeze again.

My complete step by step process is below for anyone that wants to get at my stage. I imagine the game should work perfectly fine if you don't mind the Brawl aesthetics. Other problems I experienced wit the current build is that Zelda froze the game when I selected her black costume, but the rest of the characters (didn't test the individual pokemon) didn't. Training Mode also freezes the game but other modes such as Special Brawl, Home-Run, and Target mode work.

Full Steps:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.







Quote from: ASF1nk on June 02, 2013, 08:10:36 AM
But so far seems like you need to have all the character files before testing
That means FitCharacter00.pac/.pcs to FitCharacter09.pac/.pcs.
If you only put lets say FitFalco06.pac/.pcs the game will likely freeze even if you selected FitFalco00.pac/.pcs
So, Please try adding all the character files before testing and see if it works for you.

Now it works perfectly for me!
The only problem was that every slot of the character you choose needs a pac & pcs file, just as you said. :)

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 02, 2013, 04:14:28 PM
Fixed the bat, thanks for the info  :kdance:

Glad I could help =D

Quote from: _Kef_ on June 02, 2013, 05:41:56 PM
To everybody having problems adapting this to Project M, I am on the same boat, but I might have some progress.

I managed to make all of Fox's costume work, all of Game&Watch's costume work, all stage hacks work, all Project M codes work (air dodge like melee, wavedash, l cancel etc.), and all CSPs to work.

Before, I could only select the new Fox costumes, not the original ones. I replaced the sc_selmap file in Project M with the one provided in the cBliss download (also copying the new file into the "menu2" folder) and it worked.

I tried changing the game to have Project M's aesthetics (currently working version has Brawl's SSS and white background on CSS) by replacing Modules [30], [40], [50], and [70] in sel_character with the ones in Project M but the game began to freeze again.

My complete step by step process is below for anyone that wants to get at my stage. I imagine the game should work perfectly fine if you don't mind the Brawl aesthetics. Other problems I experienced wit the current build is that Zelda froze the game when I selected her black costume, but the rest of the characters (didn't test the individual pokemon) didn't. Training Mode also freezes the game but other modes such as Special Brawl, Home-Run, and Target mode work.

Did you miss my post by any chance? We've already got it working perfectly fine, P:M asthetics and all.

Compile a GCT with the textfile I posted above and replace the P:M common5 with this one. There's no need to touch the sel_map, just make sure you have all the cBliss cosmetics and the STGRESULT in place.

June 02, 2013, 06:49:07 PM #251 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 06:57:58 PM by ShinF
Quote from: Syeo on June 02, 2013, 06:01:31 PM
Now it works perfectly for me!
The only problem was that every slot of the character you choose needs a pac & pcs file, just as you said. :)

Same. Seems kind of strange, but it works.

Quote from: MrUnusual on June 02, 2013, 04:15:34 PM
I copied over every file in the Melee/64 Expansion pack rar onto the sd.raw in WinImage. Looking through the rar though, I discovered that there is no menu2 folder in the Melee/64 Expansion rar (in neither v1 nor v2) which means that there's no sc_selmap.pac, because that's where that file is usually. In other words, the Melee/64 Stage Expansion rar didn't come with a sc_selmap.pac  :-\ I even downloaded the new, updated common5.pac the the guy who created the Melee/64 Stage Expansion and used that, did nothing :/

sc_selmap is a part of common5.pac. If you open it in brawlbox, you can export sc_selmap_en, rename it to sc_selmap, and put it in the pf/menu2 folder. That should work.


EDIT: Also... does anyone know how the popo/nana order works in cbliss? Which one is in front for which costumes? I don't think it's been mentioned yet.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

June 02, 2013, 06:51:53 PM #252 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 06:58:27 PM by _Kef_
Do I need anything on my menu2 folder? I replaced the common5.pac and now the game freezes  than before (I cant even select the new fox costumes)

EDIT:
Exported the selcharacter and the selmap files and no success.

June 02, 2013, 06:57:01 PM #253 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 06:59:54 PM by dRage
Quote from: _Kef_ on June 02, 2013, 06:51:53 PM
Do I need anything on my menu2 folder? I replaced the common5.pac and now the game freezes  than before (I cant even select the new fox costumes).

You shouldn't have anything in the menu2 folder that isn't there by P:M default. So if you have the cBliss files in there delete them. The modified sel_char is already inside the common5 I uploaded and having it in menu2 seems to cause freezes on P:M.

If it still freezes, back up your textures, music, etc. and make a clean P:M install. Then add my GCT and common5 along with the cBliss stuff (minus the menu2 folder).

June 02, 2013, 06:59:58 PM #254 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:03:58 PM by _Kef_
Tried it with only the 2 default files in the menu2 folder and it still froze. I have no idea what it can be.

I willl try a new clean PM install. Hopefully this time it will work.