iwantgames Projects: Iwantgames Returns

Started by iwantgames, May 29, 2013, 07:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Do you plan on making Young Link (HW) over Toon Link?
"For the Blue Flame!" -Priam

"He makes orders, I stab people. I think our roles are pretty clear here." -Lon'Qu

"What a cupcake!" -Gaius

"Very well. Raise thy sword by the light, and head to the place where the sword's light gathers." -Dormin

"HYEAH HUP SHRAH TRAAAHHH!!!!!"-Link

Quote from: Blizzardbutt on April 05, 2015, 05:05:13 AM
Do you plan on making Young Link (HW) over Toon Link?

Quote from: iwantgames on March 30, 2015, 11:56:39 PM
he's going over toon link and link. he's going over link so that he can have modeled expressions. he's going over toon link because it's a perfect fit and a lot of people wants him over him.

I really like your work! And im liking the major legend of zelda mods. Any plans on Impa?
Anyways, again great work man! *subsribes*

thanks Lunoz for answering that for me

Quote from: Program on April 02, 2015, 08:41:19 PM
What I mean is great job getting them to look so good in game. I'm just know learning to do spec maps and they can be weird sometimes (my first attempt ever, resulted in peach being completely transparent except for her eyes and jewelry).
oh, alright. it's best to use c. falcon material/shaders for specs. nanobuds has a tutorial for adding spec if you want to try it again.

Quote from: SouthCraft on April 06, 2015, 09:45:39 PM
I really like your work! And im liking the major legend of zelda mods. Any plans on Impa?
Anyways, again great work man! *subsribes*
thanks and welcome

DSX8 is doing impa, i just have to finish optimizing her so that i can give it back to him. luckly the smash 4 stages are keeping him occupied, so i don't think he is too worried about getting her right now. i'm still working on her though, just not as much as the ones i am doing because DSX8 has other stuff he can and is working on.

Also, sheik's models are done. just need to do the expressions and then i can start rigging and showing rig progress pics.

she has one extra costume that wasn't in HW, i am thinking about adding another one since she needs some and didn't require a lot of work like link or the next 2 characters. will show the extra costume(s) tomorrow or when i get back home.

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Loved HW Link!
I'm looking forward to HW Zelda (and everything else after her :p)
*subscribes*

thanks, also I haven't done any work on sheik for a few days. I have been working on custom modeling for one of my projects. progress on the custom model is in the Fire Emblem Thread

I also decided to drop sheiks extra costumes for now, those will just add the her work load.

Edit: got more work done on the custom modeled character so here is pics




pm roy head, hair, and cape are placeholders until I model my own

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames


ok, some feedback, and yes i know this is WIP:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-try making the armor piece on his feet a tad bigger.
-make his torso a bit slimmer? he seems pretty stylized in the art, and you may get some cool effects actually putting that style into the model.
-sleeves need more of a shape to it IMO (this is probably already in your plans)
-collar looks kinda weird, but this may be because of the head, not sure...

i cant wait for this as a roy alt, i've always wanted one :D

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on April 15, 2015, 08:23:48 AM
ok, some feedback, and yes i know this is WIP:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-try making the armor piece on his feet a tad bigger.
-make his torso a bit slimmer? he seems pretty stylized in the art, and you may get some cool effects actually putting that style into the model.
-sleeves need more of a shape to it IMO (this is probably already in your plans)
-collar looks kinda weird, but this may be because of the head, not sure...

i cant wait for this as a roy alt, i've always wanted one :D
thanks for the feedback and that is the same image I am using to model him. so the end result should favor that.

you are right about the sleeves, feet armor pieces, and collar being in my plans to edit. just speed modeling so that I can have everything done and get the hang of modeling, then I will go back and vertex the necessary parts. as for the torso I may or may not edit that, I see what you mean but slimmer bodies tend to look weird when animated for some characters. I haven't looked at roy's animations yet, so I don't know if he will look weird, if not I may make him a bit slimmer

I also made a little more progress yesterday






Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

although i dont like Roy's character in Fire Emblem... that is an amazing-looking model.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

 :patrick:wow  he looks amazing... i don't know if i'm being a idiot but... will you be capable of creating all those details?

Quote from: leonhunter on April 16, 2015, 07:20:14 PM
:patrick:wow  he looks amazing... i don't know if i'm being a idiot but... will you be capable of creating all those details?
Considering he made everything but the head I think he's more than capable.

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on April 15, 2015, 05:45:37 PM
although i dont like Roy's character in Fire Emblem... that is an amazing-looking model.
tank you

Quote from: leonhunter on April 16, 2015, 07:20:14 PM
:patrick:wow  he looks amazing... i don't know if i'm being a idiot but... will you be capable of creating all those details?
tank u and what taco said is the correct answer. any missing detail will be done to avoid lag.

I can't believe I forgot to post the latest edits in my own thread, posted them everywhere but here yesterday. anyway, here are the latest progress pics







he doesn't have any textures applied or made yet. the seams on the gloves, kneepads, guards, etc are modeled on. other stuff like what's going on with the cape is shadows.

so he will take awhile to finish since i gotta map and texture from scratch

I've made progress since the pics above but I don't have anything concrete to show, next progress pic will be of the new hair model. that's what I am currently working on atm

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames


been working on the new hair, it's still a major WIP. I didn't have the scalp to form it around so it's flat up top





close up

^ missing one strand of hair on this side



adding a third layer to the portion under the headband to fill up that empty space right there. then i will add the two middle hairs up top and some stray hairs in other places

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames