Ikarus Development... Nah it's dead

Started by BlackJax96, June 01, 2013, 03:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


*long chin stroke*
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!




Started the new script editor textbox with intellisense for quicker coding.




It's turning out pretty good.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 17, 2013, 04:29:40 AM
Started the new script editor textbox with intellisense for quicker coding.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's turning out pretty good.
Lol... Is it for retrieving them easily? xD
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

More progress, have to code in syntax for the display of specific events and requirements and code a bunch of string parsing stuff which will be annoying



Quote from: Akeno-san on November 17, 2013, 01:28:01 PM
Lol... Is it for retrieving them easily? xD
for retrieving things like events, requirements and enums quickly, yes

The fonts look like they're from OpenSA2. Just my curiosity, that's all.   :-\


Should've made it Comic Sans :troll:

But for serious, it looks like it's coming along nicely. Looks a lot cleaner and more manageable than PSA for some reason. Any chance keywords will be color coded too? Like if statements and whatnot.

Quote from: Gravity on November 21, 2013, 10:57:10 PM
Looks a lot cleaner and more manageable than PSA for some reason. Any chance keywords will be color coded too? Like if statements and whatnot.
Yep.

I'm trying my best to make my code and the interface as clean and intuitive as possible this time around. No more selecting events and setting parameters one by one, now you can type it all out at once with a nice little box that displays what you're looking for as you type. Should speed up PSA coding, but will definitely take a bit of time for some people to get used to. I've also been commenting my source code a bunch.

I'll probably leave in the old event list and event modifier that was in Brawlbox for those who just don't want to or don't want to learn how to quickly and easily write code. There's always those people.

Still working on the syntax:


As always, looks phenomenal man.

Also, rather excited hearing about comments. You always need more comments.


that piece of code you showed, is it an action, sub-action, or something else?

also, is it possible to edit the code that does the "if i press A go to X action/subaction"...
idk if im explaining myself...

say, the coding outside of actions and subactions. "hard-code" if you wanna call it that way i guess...

It would be cool if a more traditional IDE setup could be used, to allow adding comments and naming variables, that then just compiled into PSA scripting (I'm totally calling it SmashScript).

But I guess that that would be way too complicated.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on November 22, 2013, 03:25:38 PM
that piece of code you showed, is it an action, sub-action, or something else?

also, is it possible to edit the code that does the "if i press A go to X action/subaction"...
idk if im explaining myself...

say, the coding outside of actions and subactions. "hard-code" if you wanna call it that way i guess...


Quote from: ForOhFor Error on November 24, 2013, 12:46:28 AM
It would be cool if a more traditional IDE setup could be used, to allow adding comments and naming variables, that then just compiled into PSA scripting (I'm totally calling it SmashScript).

But I guess that that would be way too complicated.
That's exactly what BJ's doing.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]