Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175

What's the next project you're working on again Mewtwo?
3DS Friend code- 0447 - 6337 - 9929

Most times, the OP says what I don't. In this case, I put this in the OP like 2 days ago:



Video I've uploaded right now:

[SSBB hack] - Yoshi's Island 64

I'm also working on 'Get the Trophy' and 'Mute City'.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

that looks amazing did you rip it from ssb?now i really want safron city  with animated background and pokes on the door xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I couldn't help but notice that the background stays perfectly still, just like in the N64 game. It looks great, and I don't think I've seen any other stage backgrounds like that.
My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
NNID: Allav866

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on December 09, 2012, 12:23:05 PM
Most times, the OP says what I don't. In this case, I put this in the OP like 2 days ago:



Video I've uploaded right now:

[SSBB hack] - Yoshi's Island 64

I'm also working on 'Get the Trophy' and 'Mute City'.


Nice.

Well, I hope I didn't pressure you into finishing that "Get the Trophy" stage.

Quote from: LegacyWolf on December 09, 2012, 09:42:58 PM
Nice.

Well, I hope I didn't pressure you into finishing that "Get the Trophy" stage.

Of course you didn't don't worry :P
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

I hope I'm not annoying you by asking this. Do you plan on releasing those sexy shiny textures? The shading looks like Super Mario Galaxy :D
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Lee on December 09, 2012, 11:14:16 PM
I hope I'm not annoying you by asking this. Do you plan on releasing those sexy shiny textures? The shading looks like Super Mario Galaxy :D

Yeah, Mario and Luigi look cool with the denim highlights.

Yoshi's Island is looking sexy *-*
Looking forward to put it with the other N64 stages!

The quality on this N64 stage is outstanding. How do you do such things?

Also! I can not [censored]ing wait for the Get The Trophy stage! I really can't man.

Sexy previews time as soon as you can please.

How will the clouds be like, Mewtwo? Will they be standard platforms?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on December 09, 2012, 09:59:24 PM
Of course you didn't don't worry :P


I'm glad.

I'm quite curious how you've made the background look like that. It seems to follow the camera, somewhat. I've never seen this before--might it be something you've newly discovered?

Quote from: Lee on December 09, 2012, 11:14:16 PM
I hope I'm not annoying you by asking this. Do you plan on releasing those sexy shiny textures? The shading looks like Super Mario Galaxy :D

Don't know, but I suppose releasing them wouldn't be a bad thing :/

Quote from: ItalianStallion on December 11, 2012, 05:54:03 AM
The quality on this N64 stage is outstanding. How do you do such things?

Also! I can not [censored]ing wait for the Get The Trophy stage! I really can't man.

Sexy previews time as soon as you can please.

There's only one preview currently, it's this one:



Note it's in the works, it will be smaller and will look much better when more progress is done.

Quote from: br3compactor on December 11, 2012, 09:00:32 AM
How will the clouds be like, Mewtwo? Will they be standard platforms?

Yeah, I was thinking on making them dissapear randomly but I guess that would be annoying. Standard fixed platforms will be it.

Quote from: LegacyWolf on December 11, 2012, 11:32:09 AM
I'm glad.

I'm quite curious how you've made the background look like that. It seems to follow the camera, somewhat. I've never seen this before--might it be something you've newly discovered?

I guess the Yoshi's Island brawl stage uses a static sky too, but does it in a different way. Mine is just a wise use of the always-camera-facing property in the bones.

If you make an object in the scene always to look at the camera, it will not be static in the screen, it will move with the rest of the elements. But, if that object is far enough, the position doesn't vary at all in respect to the camera. That's what I did, a big model far far away with a camera-facing bone. Distance and auto-rotating gave me the non-moving effect I wanted.

The one used in Yoshi's Island Brawl is just something like the metal materials. If the normals are always the same, the picture shown is also the same. My idea was more accurate for a 2D background with no deformations IMO.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on December 11, 2012, 11:53:52 AM
I guess the Yoshi's Island brawl stage uses a static sky too, but does it in a different way. Mine is just a wise use of the always-camera-facing property in the bones.

If you make an object in the scene always to look at the camera, it will not be static in the screen, it will move with the rest of the elements. But, if that object is far enough, the position doesn't vary at all in respect to the camera. That's what I did, a big model far far away with a camera-facing bone. Distance and auto-rotating gave me the non-moving effect I wanted.

The one used in Yoshi's Island Brawl is just something like the metal materials. If the normals are always the same, the picture shown is also the same. My idea was more accurate for a 2D background with no deformations IMO.

Cool, thanks. I referred to the Yoshi's Island Brawl sky bone, and it makes sense. Very strategic.