Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175

Hey Mewtwo2000, why isn't PM2.5 out yet? :af:


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on December 29, 2012, 01:32:33 AM
Yes and no.

I mean, most of the versions use a non-adapting model. The one with the brawl background is the only one fully adapted to lighting. The sunset one is half adapting only, the pink part is forced to look yellowish even if the light isn't yellow.

Is there a reason for that?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on December 29, 2012, 01:46:52 AM
Is there a reason for that?

It looked more perfect to me having the exact colors of the stage unaffected by lighting, so I made the stage like that at first. But while making the Brawl background version, I've guessed it would look better being affected by lighting, specially when characters change their color that much. I've had to make lots of tests to minimize the light effects on the pink parts. They were too purple in the first moments and too red in the sunset part. Now they're perfect for me.

At that point, I already had done the sunset version, in which there's some affection, but the pink parts aren't lightened, but forced to have some yellow color, cause I wanted to keep them in an uniform color. The color isn't uniform when affected by actual lighting.

The rest of backgrounds weren't really special in lighting, they didn't need to affect the model at all. At least, they haven't looked bad to me this way. So that's it.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

I have no idea about that, but Looking Awesome!!  Can't wait to play on it...


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

I think I'll try the MM Moon version of Snag the trophies. :)
Always good to have some Zelda in the stages.

@Mewtwo2000:
Do you still know which stage your Kongo Jungle 64 was originally over? When I used the converted rel files of Jungle Japes or Final Destination, it freezed. Or is it another stage? I want to use it over a custom stage, so I wonder if which stage it's based on. :o

Kongo 64 is supposed to work on both Jungle Japes and Final Destination. It should even work over Luigi's Mansion, Battlefield or even Green Hill O.o

If it's freezing, I don't understand why is it.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

It's weird, but now it works over another custom stage slot. It first used to be over 11 where I used st_dxgarden.rel, converted it to st_custom11.rel and named the stage STGCUSTOM11.pac.
Now it's over 1F and it works without a problem. Maybe I did something wrong, but I also tried st_final.rel, st_dxgarden several times.

What's the chance of a smaller version of Dreamland 64 being released like Peach's Castle? I mean, I don't remember how big it was in Melee or 64 but right now I think it's pretty massive.

Oh, don't worry, I'll make a 80% size of Dreamland if you want, no problem at all  :kdance:
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Syeo on December 29, 2012, 08:42:54 PM
Do you still know which stage your Kongo Jungle 64 was originally over? When I used the converted rel files of Jungle Japes or Final Destination, it freezed. Or is it another stage? I want to use it over a custom stage, so I wonder if which stage it's based on. :o
Are you sure it's not something else causing the freeze? I tested the stage on all the stages it was provided on and all of them worked flawlessly O.o

Quote from: パンドラのハート on January 03, 2013, 10:58:40 AM
Are you sure it's not something else causing the freeze? I tested the stage on all the stages it was provided on and all of them worked flawlessly O.o
I tried different rel files (Jungle Japes, Final Destination) and created both of them twice. I can't really imagine that I made something wrong four times. When I tried another stage it freezed as well, so I think the custom11-slot made some problems, not the stage itself. Now I found a stage that works over 11, but it's weird that only 11 didn't work.
Well, now Kongo Jungle is over another custom slot and it works fine.

When I think about it: Does a stage freeze when one of Oshtoby's Stage Dependant Song Loader gets a wrong song ID? Maybe I just used a wrong ID which caused the freeze, but I also copied the value wright from a list..

Maybe 11 has a smaller filesize limit? I don't really know, but glad to hear it works for you now. :)

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on January 03, 2013, 10:56:45 AM
Oh, don't worry, I'll make a 80% size of Dreamland if you want, no problem at all  :kdance:

That would be great. Thanks.

Quote from: Syeo on January 03, 2013, 11:38:59 AM
I tried different rel files (Jungle Japes, Final Destination) and created both of them twice. I can't really imagine that I made something wrong four times. When I tried another stage it freezed as well, so I think the custom11-slot made some problems, not the stage itself. Now I found a stage that works over 11, but it's weird that only 11 didn't work.
Well, now Kongo Jungle is over another custom slot and it works fine.

When I think about it: Does a stage freeze when one of Oshtoby's Stage Dependant Song Loader gets a wrong song ID? Maybe I just used a wrong ID which caused the freeze, but I also copied the value wright from a list..

Do you have the "Override music on Melee stages" code on? I had that on and got a stage freeze when I shouldn't have, but it worked once I removed the code.

January 04, 2013, 12:32:45 AM #6794 Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:33:48 AM by Superlucario603
Quote from: Syeo on January 03, 2013, 11:38:59 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The problem could be that if you're using the same stage expansion I am, then the order of stages are a little strange... see if this helps..?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
3DS Friend code- 0447 - 6337 - 9929