Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 74
Author Topic: The Smash 3 Project - Get Your DLC Early  (Read 588600 times)
Plusmax7
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1020 on: March 20, 2015, 09:41:50 AM »

Chicos, ¿el hack sigue en proceso?

iwantgames
Lol Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1021 on: March 20, 2015, 12:43:55 PM »

sí, sólo necesitará un poco más de tiempo

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
    Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
    Discord: Iwantgames

Moblin
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Featured Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1022 on: March 22, 2015, 03:19:40 AM »

Taiko and co, please teach me your recolouring and rendering ways. They're so good. I find myself just examining your recent renders nowadays. You guys have come so far with them that they're frequently used in media outside of the Brawl hacking scene... That still blows my mind.

Grats on the progress, and keep it up!

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1023 on: March 22, 2015, 12:21:10 PM »

Taiko and co, please teach me your recolouring and rendering ways. They're so good. I find myself just examining your recent renders nowadays. You guys have come so far with them that they're frequently used in media outside of the Brawl hacking scene... That still blows my mind.

Grats on the progress, and keep it up!
    Thanks, I still haven't fully taken in that our stuff is used in other places either...

As for teaching, we'd love to teach you some stuff, considering you're the reason we even began rendering in the first place!

In general though, we've switched to Blender (with Cycles) since the first time we started. It renders nicer lighting compared to Max (at least for Smash-style stuff) and renders much quicker thanks to it utilizing CUDA cores.

For lighting, we use a 3-point lighting setup, we find that it lights models the way we want it to and generally works great for every character!

As for recolouring, what do you mean exactly? How we manage to come up with the original colour schemes?

LunaMaria
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1024 on: March 23, 2015, 06:33:59 PM »

I hope you update soon.

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1025 on: March 23, 2015, 07:09:56 PM »

Good idea!

Jigglypuff takes center stage of today’s preview. But what’s that hat she’s wearing?

That design seems familiar!

Xaturati0n
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1026 on: March 23, 2015, 09:39:25 PM »

Good idea!

Jigglypuff takes center stage of today’s preview. But what’s that hat she’s wearing?

That design seems familiar!
    You sir, deserve a medal.

Formerly known as Nick.

DjKlzonez
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1027 on: March 23, 2015, 10:15:45 PM »

Hoo boy, can't wait for Jigglypuff!

Moblin
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1028 on: March 24, 2015, 04:53:06 AM »

Thanks, I still haven't fully taken in that our stuff is used in other places either...

As for teaching, we'd love to teach you some stuff, considering you're the reason we even began rendering in the first place!

In general though, we've switched to Blender (with Cycles) since the first time we started. It renders nicer lighting compared to Max (at least for Smash-style stuff) and renders much quicker thanks to it utilizing CUDA cores.

For lighting, we use a 3-point lighting setup, we find that it lights models the way we want it to and generally works great for every character!

As for recolouring, what do you mean exactly? How we manage to come up with the original colour schemes?

Thanks for the info! It will come in handy whenever I start rendering again. 3-point lighting is what I orginially used when I first started, but it didn't give me the results I desired. This was in MAX though, so that's likely my problem!

Have you guys fiddled around with Marmoset for renders at all? Afaik it's a dedicated rendering program. I'm sure you could get some fancy results with it, though to be honest, your results so far hardly need improvement to begin with!

And yeah, I'm referring to how you guys come up with colour schemes. I have no problem with actually making recolours, at least the technical aspect of it. I just can't make a good colour scheme to save my life. I've used a variety of programs to assist me, I just can't get results I'm happy with a lot of the time. Part of the reason is that I rarely have time nowadays to fine-tune anything I make, so I haven't experimented enough with designing palettes.

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1029 on: March 24, 2015, 06:24:17 PM »

Thanks for the info! It will come in handy whenever I start rendering again. 3-point lighting is what I orginially used when I first started, but it didn't give me the results I desired. This was in MAX though, so that's likely my problem!

Have you guys fiddled around with Marmoset for renders at all? Afaik it's a dedicated rendering program. I'm sure you could get some fancy results with it, though to be honest, your results so far hardly need improvement to begin with!

And yeah, I'm referring to how you guys come up with colour schemes. I have no problem with actually making recolours, at least the technical aspect of it. I just can't make a good colour scheme to save my life. I've used a variety of programs to assist me, I just can't get results I'm happy with a lot of the time. Part of the reason is that I rarely have time nowadays to fine-tune anything I make, so I haven't experimented enough with designing palettes.

I tried Marmoset once, but it never really clicked. I thought Marmoset was more for people to quickly show what their models would look like in ingame environments instead of real renders though, which is why I never really got it either.

As for recolours, I can't really offer concrete advice, but you can grab inspiration from literally anything. It mostly comes down to a knowledge of what works together, and a ton of experimentation. For example, Sakurai mentioned that Smash's red Luigi was based off a strawberry, and green Samus was based off the Zaku from Gundam.

It's also important to remember that characters have rules for what can actually be recoloured. For example, if you recolour Mario's hair to be yellow to make a Rayman recolour, it's no longer Mario because Mario's hair doesn't change colour in his official palettes. Link is a bit different in that his hair can be recoloured, but his hair is only changed when it's to reference the same thing as the costume (white hair for Dark Link, Toon Link's brown NES hair, etc.). Similarly, Ganondorf's skin shouldn't be changed randomly to make a Dracula recolour, but it's a bit more okay if it's referencing his own Beast Ganon form (Smash 4's blue skin one). Study what is and what isn't consistent between the official recolours to get a good sense of the rules that you'd have to follow. Breaking these rules is a mistake I see a lot of people make, especially with things like character's eyes.

I also see a lot of people making recolours too accurate to source material, that it no longer follows the original character's rules, so try not to do that either.

Here are some various recolour examples from the next update:

Wrecking Crew Ice Climbers. I'm not sure what part of them is Wrecking Crew, but that's what I had in mind when these were created. I figured these two colours would work well together (you do see brown and green a lot in nature) and the purple gloves are there to help break up the palettes.

Not sure if I posted these two on here, but here are Super Mario World Mario and SMB3 Fire Mario. Of course, SMW Mario would be a bit too similar to default if I copied it 1:1, so I changed the main colour to be more pink and gave him teal overalls to accent that. SMB3 Fire was mostly lifted from the sprite, but with a few things changed to be consistent with the Fire Mario costume (brown shoes and yellow buttons, like default Mario).

This Dedede was something Shun made, but there's an example of him challenging himself to make a teal Dedede. It's a result of having a good sense of what works with what. The other new Dedede colour we'll be adding is based off this kisekae plate for the new 3DS.

And most importantly, try to keep colours unique, and plan out exactly what kind of costume this will be. Will it be a blue costume? A teal costume? Try to design around that.

Hopefully this all makes sense, I'm not too great at explaining why things are done, but I try!

EDIT: This site as well. It'll help come up with various colour schemes.
    « Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:13:39 PM by Taiko » Logged

Moblin
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1030 on: March 25, 2015, 05:34:00 AM »

Yeah, that was quite helpful actually. I've always tried to pull inspiration from different places, I just haven't planned a "theme" for any of of my recolours. I'll be trying that out soon. Thanks for the info!

MrThatKidAlex24
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1031 on: March 25, 2015, 09:54:03 PM »

WoW! These renders are amazing! Specifically Meta Knight, Yoshi, Zelda, Lucario, Mewtwo, Ness and Every Other Character. Currently downloading pm version just to stare at the renders and models (even though I have smash 4)

Post Merge: March 25, 2015, 10:00:31 PM
    BTW, what font did you guys use for this stuff? I've been trying to find it. Is it free?
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:00:31 PM by MrThatKidAlex24 » Logged

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1032 on: March 29, 2015, 09:18:10 AM »

WoW! These renders are amazing! Specifically Meta Knight, Yoshi, Zelda, Lucario, Mewtwo, Ness and Every Other Character. Currently downloading pm version just to stare at the renders and models (even though I have smash 4)

Post Merge: March 25, 2015, 10:00:31 PM
    BTW, what font did you guys use for this stuff? I've been trying to find it. Is it free?
    Thanks for the compliments, I should warn you that we haven't updated the P:M version to 3.5 yet though, so you'll probably crash unless you do some manual work.
    As for the font we use, it's called ITC Avant Garde. It is not free, sadly.

Middleman97
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1033 on: March 30, 2015, 04:22:48 PM »

First post to brawl vault! Here are some builds for you lovely people while we wait for a 3.5 (soon to be 3.6) build.

Smash 3C Only Album | General Album
    Notes:
    Mario: Dr. Mario Smash 3 textures and fixed Mario Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim
    Link: Fixed Link Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim, Smash 3C OoT Link alts
    Yoshi: Fixed Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim
    Ness: Purple recolor replaced with Smash 3 teal recolor
    Pikachu: Baseball cap Pikachu replaced with Smash 3 Shadow Pikachu (Courtesy of Theytah)
    Captain Falcon: no current replacement for N64 recolor and classic alt
    Peach: Fixed smash 3 recolors and Shadow Queen peach courtesy of Aghanim
    Zelda: OoT Zelda replaced with white Smash 3 recolor
    Sheik: OoT Sheik replaced with orange and blue recolor
    Marth: Regal Marth Alts replaced with Smash 3C brawl marth
    Ganondorf: OoT Ganondorf textures replaced with Smash 3 extra recolors
    Metaknight: Broken mask alt replaced with Smash 3 Mirror's Minion
    Pit: Retro Pit alt replaced with Smash 3 pink recolor
    Olimar: Replaced his purple recolor with the President Smash 3 recolor
    Ike: Lord Ike alts replaced with Smash 3 Chrom Ike, Black Knight Ike, and Smash 3C Updated Ike textures
    Roy: Alt recolor replaced with Smash 3 Master Lord Roy (Courtesy of Crixler)

Smash 3 Only Album | General Album
    Notes:
    *signifies different from Smash 3C build
    *Mario: Fixed Mario Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim; Red Doc replaced with Flower Power alt, Defualt Doc replaced with Yellow Brawl recolor, Black Doc replaced with Mario of Stars recolor, Green Doc replaced with Luigi Mario (courtesy of Damonj17), Blue Doc replaced with Teal Sm4sh recolor (courtesy of ledgerewskie)
    *Link: Fixed Smash 3 Textures courtesy of Aghanim, Smash 3C Green and Red OoT Link, Blue OoT Link replaced with Ravio's Garb recolor, Black OoT Link replaced with Twili Tunic recolor
    Yoshi: Fixed Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim
    *Fox: Melee fox alts replaced with Smash 3 recolors
    *Ness:  Pajama Ness alts replaced with Smash 3 Recolors and B&W Ness (Courtesy of Morian)
    Pikachu: Baseball cap Pikachu replaced with Smash 3 Shadow Pikachu (Courtesy of Theytah)
    *Luigi: Mr. L alt replaced with CBliss Green recolor
    Captain Falcon: no current replacement for N64 recolor and classic alt
    Bowser: Dry Bowser replaced with dark Smash 3 recolor
    Peach: Fixed smash 3 recolors and Shadow Queen peach courtesy of Aghanim
    Zelda: OoT Zelda replaced with white Smash 3 recolor
    Sheik: OoT Sheik replaced with orange and blue recolor
    Ice Climbers: Polar Ice Climbers alt replaced with Unbreakable Bond recolor
    *Marth: Alts replaced with Smash 3 Devil May Cry, Regal Marth, Marth's Samurai Showdown, and Brawl Teal
    *Falco: Melee Falco alts replaced with Smash 3 recolors
    Ganondorf: OoT Ganondorf textures replaced with Smash 3 extra recolors
    Metaknight: Broken mask alt replaced with Smash 3 Mirror's Minion and Concept art alt replaced with Whisping Winds recolor
    Pit: Retro Pit alt replaced with Smash 3 pink recolor
    Olimar: Replaced his purple recolor with the President Smash 3 recolor
    *Lucas: Lucas alt replaced with brown recolor
    *Mewtwo: Armor mewtwo alts replaced with recolors
    *Dedede: Regular and green Shogun alts replaced with light blue and black recolors
    *Lucario: Karate(?) Lucario alts replaced with Blucario and Not Quite Legendary recolors
    Ike: Lord Ike alts replaced with Smash 3 Chrom Ike, Black Knight Ike, and Smash 3C Updated Ike textures
    *Rob: Virtual Boy ROB replaced with Smash 3 Virtual Boy recolor
    Roy: Alt recolor replaced with Smash 3 Master Lord Roy (Courtesy of Crixler)
    *Toon Link: Outset alts replaced with Wind Sage Tunic, Manga Shadow Link, and Ganondorf Tunic recolors
    *Wolf: Pirate alts replaced with Smash 3 recolors
    *Sonic: Jet Set alt replaced  with Smash 3 Brawl Gray recolor

DjKlzonez
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1034 on: March 30, 2015, 05:07:04 PM »

Will these models and textures be used for the "official" Smash 3 Samus and ZSS?

Samus
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205924

ZSS
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207374

If not, can they?

Pages:  1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 74
    Print
    Jump to: