Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Who should come out first?  (Voting closed: December 13, 2013, 02:26:35 PM)
Black Knight - 9 (27.3%)
Chrom - 18 (54.5%)
Hector - 2 (6.1%)
Roy - 4 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 29
Author Topic: The Star Forge: Side Project - SSBU Sheik  (Read 132273 times)
Large Leader
I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #90 on: January 25, 2014, 07:25:02 PM »

Yeah Ike's final is definitely a pain to work with...

I'm pretty sure Rev is down to do it cuz that model looks so much better then the current one.

I think I have an idea to fix or work around with it.

And you shouldn't have too many problems just porting over animations. You'd have to remake a few, but you definitely can port 'em over.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #91 on: January 25, 2014, 07:29:04 PM »

Yeah its just annoying doing every animation, Item pickups, Item throws, slip attacks, all that stuff.

Edit: And I prefer to copy the trans of the T-Stance rather than use the port, I feel it makes it look better. It's just harder.
    « Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 07:31:56 PM by RevenantGenesis » Logged

Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
    Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
    "If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Lito
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #92 on: January 25, 2014, 07:29:40 PM »

Yeah Ike's final is definitely a pain to work with...

I'm pretty sure Rev is down to do it cuz that model looks so much better then the current one.

Well that's good, go Rev go. So when do you guys think this version is going to come out?

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #93 on: January 25, 2014, 07:33:14 PM »

As soon as the final is finished pretty much, but there's a couple more things I have to do as well as stuff with his SFX. So hopefully a day or two, but I don't wanna make any promises.

"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #94 on: January 25, 2014, 07:39:26 PM »

Yeah its just annoying doing every animation, Item pickups, Item throws, slip attacks, all that stuff.

Edit: And I prefer to copy the trans of the T-Stance rather than use the port, I feel it makes it look better. It's just harder.

Dude, I love you right now.

I was trying to figure out what bone it was because I did it for an animation when I first started, but I forgot.

But I wasn't talking about using the "Port" option, rather exporting and replacing and then using the copy of the transN bone from T-Stance.

In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #95 on: January 25, 2014, 07:56:26 PM »

Dude, I love you right now.

I was trying to figure out what bone it was because I did it for an animation when I first started, but I forgot.

But I wasn't talking about using the "Port" option, rather exporting and replacing and then using the copy of the transN bone from T-Stance.

Lol

But yeah I see, sometimes swapping animations can be a pain. I've had to do it a couple times to entire PSAs in the past. Not fun stuff.

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #96 on: February 04, 2014, 01:22:41 PM »

We are finally going to be releasing our final beta for chrom. We are taking a final look at him right now to try and fix anything that needs fixing. Check back soon!

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #97 on: February 04, 2014, 03:27:18 PM »

So finally we got around to getting Chrom ready for his last beta (got a little distracted with SW Battlefront 2 and modding actual Fire Emblem again) But I sent everyone who requested to help test a link to his beta, and we eagerly await the testers feedback, positive or negative, whatever!
    Also if I forgot to send you a link to Chrom, and you requested it, or if you just feel like helping us test, post here or let me know. I'll be sure to send you a link right away.
    Kirby Dance
    « Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:28:24 PM by RevenantGenesis » Logged

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #98 on: February 05, 2014, 09:30:33 AM »

Ok... I tested Chrom as you wanted, so here are my opinion about him.

His Wait 2 has a strange sword effect... Don't know if it's because I was playing on a bright stage, but it did something... Not bad, but a bit weird

His AAA combo is a good idea, but the 2nd jab is a bit too powerful, sometimes it doesn't connect with the 3rd (rare, but it happened sometimes)

His Dash attack is my favorite move (aside the FS, of course Police )

His Side tilt is good. Nothing to say

His Up tilt : nothing to say, it connects properly and his animation is fluid (except his arm at the end which make something weird, but unnoticeable in real gameplay)

His Down tilt : nothing to say

His Side Smash is good, but at high percent (+70%), the 2 hit almost never connects after the 1st one

His Up Smash has a very low range... And the transition to Wait is a bit too harsh.

Down Smash has also a harsh transition to the Wait animation

His Neutral B shouldn't have damages on it since it's not THAT powerful... Or 5% MAX.. But 10 is too much... And, can you re-do the loop animation? Because his left leg is doing something weird (except if it was intentional...)

His Air Side B has a bit too much air momentum... The 2d hit, that is... You should decrease it a bit...

His Up B is really fast... But I guess that was intentional...

His Final Smash... is great. Im srs here
    Just the camera that is a bit weird, but you warned me about it Kirby Dance

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #99 on: February 05, 2014, 10:57:11 AM »

All this stuff sounds awesome. Can't wait till Chrom is released.

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2014, 10:59:10 AM »

Indeed! I'm looking forward for him too!

100 replies! AWESOME 2.0!

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #101 on: February 05, 2014, 11:27:16 AM »

Woo hoo 100 posts lol

Ok... I tested Chrom as you wanted, so here are my opinion about him.

His Wait 2 has a strange sword effect... Don't know if it's because I was playing on a bright stage, but it did something... Not bad, but a bit weird

His AAA combo is a good idea, but the 2nd jab is a bit too powerful, sometimes it doesn't connect with the 3rd (rare, but it happened sometimes)

His Dash attack is my favorite move (aside the FS, of course Police )

His Side tilt is good. Nothing to say

His Up tilt : nothing to say, it connects properly and his animation is fluid (except his arm at the end which make something weird, but unnoticeable in real gameplay)

His Down tilt : nothing to say

His Side Smash is good, but at high percent (+70%), the 2 hit almost never connects after the 1st one

His Up Smash has a very low range... And the transition to Wait is a bit too harsh.

Down Smash has also a harsh transition to the Wait animation

His Neutral B shouldn't have damages on it since it's not THAT powerful... Or 5% MAX.. But 10 is too much... And, can you re-do the loop animation? Because his left leg is doing something weird (except if it was intentional...)

His Air Side B has a bit too much air momentum... The 2d hit, that is... You should decrease it a bit...

His Up B is really fast... But I guess that was intentional...

His Final Smash... is great. Im srs here
    Just the camera that is a bit weird, but you warned me about it Kirby Dance

I've noticed that his wait 2 sword glow looks kind of odd as well. I wanted it to have a glow, but because of how fast his sword is spinning the glow overlaps itself and gives an odd look.
    Mammoth suggested making the trail not so long to make it look less crazy, I'll have a look and see what I can do.

I've also seen the third hit of his AAA combo not connect on occasion, I'lll make sure its fixed.

With the up A, I bet there's some weird rotation making his arm move weird. I'll get it fixed as well.

As for the side smash, it was intentional for both hits to not connect after too much damage. I feel it makes the move more unique and take a bit of precision to pull off correctly at high damages. The inspiration for the attack was Sheik's side smash.

I'll also work to make the transitions to his Wait more natural looking on the attacks you mentioned, and I'll look at making the up smash have more range, although I do like it having less range than Ike's, to give it more of a difference from his side smash (Other than the obvious speed.)

By the neutral B do you mean it does too much damage? If you do i'm sure its with the first stage, with no charge. If it's doing 10, i'm sure its just some remnant left over from Ike. I'll cut down the damage from its base charge to 5.

Hmmm, the second hit of the side B. The momentum it has is to prevent someone from intentionally jumping into the attack while hes using his side b to recover. What happened before is he would start the second hit, finish it, then fall hopelessly to his death in special fall.
    So I added some movement to help him get within range of the stage to help him recover.
    I also would like him to go into special fall after the second hit, pretty much bottom line, because I don't want the attack to be used much in the air, mostly because of how awesome Chrom is with his Air attacks already. Also because its based off Roy's side B mechanics, and that attack isn't very useful offensively in the air.

So with all that said, what do you suggest for his side B? Cause I'd like it to be as good as it can. Kirby Dance

Lol the final smash. Have you made any progress on your psa who switches stages? If you haven't I'm sure mammoth wouldn't mind if you stole his idea.

All this stuff sounds awesome. Can't wait till Chrom is released.

Same here lol. I also wanna apologize to everyone for the broken GIFs on the OP. Damn bandwidth, I've been fighting with that since pokemon brawl. lol
    I'll get everything fixed soon.

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2014, 01:08:39 PM »

Woo hoo 100 posts lol

I've noticed that his wait 2 sword glow looks kind of odd as well. I wanted it to have a glow, but because of how fast his sword is spinning the glow overlaps itself and gives an odd look.
    Mammoth suggested making the trail not so long to make it look less crazy, I'll have a look and see what I can do.

I've also seen the third hit of his AAA combo not connect on occasion, I'lll make sure its fixed.

With the up A, I bet there's some weird rotation making his arm move weird. I'll get it fixed as well.

As for the side smash, it was intentional for both hits to not connect after too much damage. I feel it makes the move more unique and take a bit of precision to pull off correctly at high damages. The inspiration for the attack was Sheik's side smash.

I'll also work to make the transitions to his Wait more natural looking on the attacks you mentioned, and I'll look at making the up smash have more range, although I do like it having less range than Ike's, to give it more of a difference from his side smash (Other than the obvious speed.)

By the neutral B do you mean it does too much damage? If you do i'm sure its with the first stage, with no charge. If it's doing 10, i'm sure its just some remnant left over from Ike. I'll cut down the damage from its base charge to 5.

Hmmm, the second hit of the side B. The momentum it has is to prevent someone from intentionally jumping into the attack while hes using his side b to recover. What happened before is he would start the second hit, finish it, then fall hopelessly to his death in special fall.
    So I added some movement to help him get within range of the stage to help him recover.
    I also would like him to go into special fall after the second hit, pretty much bottom line, because I don't want the attack to be used much in the air, mostly because of how awesome Chrom is with his Air attacks already. Also because its based off Roy's side B mechanics, and that attack isn't very useful offensively in the air.

So with all that said, what do you suggest for his side B? Cause I'd like it to be as good as it can. Kirby Dance

Lol the final smash. Have you made any progress on your psa who switches stages? If you haven't I'm sure mammoth wouldn't mind if you stole his idea.

Same here lol. I also wanna apologize to everyone for the broken GIFs on the OP. Damn bandwidth, I've been fighting with that since pokemon brawl. lol
    I'll get everything fixed soon.

Well... For his Neutral B, I meant the damage he received after full charge. Yea, something like 5% is way enough... I think Ike could OHKO a character with his N-B at 0% on FD... Needs to be checked though...

For the Side B, the one you did was perfect, I was just talking about after the 1st hit, you know... The one when Chrom strikes behind him... THAT one has too much momentum, the 1st hit is good, I noticed that you wanted to give him some recovery... It's just that the 2nd hit doesn't connect sometimes, then Chrom falls for nothing... Lol... That's quite weird... And I think that's because he is too far from the opponent...

As for the FS stage switch, I think I got the idea, but I'd need to try it before I really get serious about it because :
    - 1 : My "stage" is kinda big...
    - 2 : I'm not sure I can get it to work like C.Falcon...

By the way, the one you used for the BETA was a part of the Melee stage Temple, right?

For your pics, post them on Imgur, just reduce the size of the GIFs and make some albums...
    « Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:17:54 PM by Saber(Akeno) » Logged

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #103 on: February 05, 2014, 11:19:12 PM »

Wow, Chrom certainly does sound interesting from what I'm reading on here. How different is he from Ike?

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #104 on: February 06, 2014, 02:10:07 AM »

Well... For his Neutral B, I meant the damage he received after full charge. Yea, something like 5% is way enough... I think Ike could OHKO a character with his N-B at 0% on FD... Needs to be checked though...

For the Side B, the one you did was perfect, I was just talking about after the 1st hit, you know... The one when Chrom strikes behind him... THAT one has too much momentum, the 1st hit is good, I noticed that you wanted to give him some recovery... It's just that the 2nd hit doesn't connect sometimes, then Chrom falls for nothing... Lol... That's quite weird... And I think that's because he is too far from the opponent...

As for the FS stage switch, I think I got the idea, but I'd need to try it before I really get serious about it because :
    - 1 : My "stage" is kinda big...
    - 2 : I'm not sure I can get it to work like C.Falcon...

By the way, the one you used for the BETA was a part of the Melee stage Temple, right?

For your pics, post them on Imgur, just reduce the size of the GIFs and make some albums...

Oh now I see, I'll look into making that weaker lol.
    I also see what you mean about the Side B, I will rework the animation and we will edit the hitboxes to try to make the attack work better.

As for the stage FS idea, yes we did use temple for the beta. We did so because of the model's small size, so I would look into trying to reduce the stage your working with's filesize.
    Also I may be mistaken, but you may need a custom special throw to make it look like Captain's. Who is it over?

I'll try Imgur though, my bandwith will come back in a few days, so I'll break up the pictures between photoucket and Imgur then so I don't have to redo everything.

Wow, Chrom certainly does sound interesting from what I'm reading on here. How different is he from Ike?

He's pretty different, and he plays completely different. I can send you a link for him if you would like to try him out.

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 29
    Print
    Jump to: