The Star Forge: Side Project - SSBU Sheik

Started by RevenantMammoth, November 13, 2013, 09:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Who should come out first?

Black Knight
9 (27.3%)
Chrom
18 (54.5%)
Hector
2 (6.1%)
Roy
4 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: December 13, 2013, 09:26:35 PM

Quote from: RevenantGenesis on February 08, 2014, 12:43:01 AM
Like in-game or just in the .gif?
In-game were gonna import Lyn's model onto Hector, then call her as a graphic.

For the .gif I simply exported both animations from the same camera angle, then put them together with photoshop.
I meant in-game but either way, GOD DAMN! seriously though. I am nowhere near that skilled in hacking yet. I saw all the animations you guys did on your photobucket. Well the previews anyway. They all looks so professional. Really nice job man
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Daw lol
Thats the best i've been complimented on here, thank you. :kdance: I can tell you will gain skill in animating if you just stay at it, the wait animations I've seen look great. If you ever need help anything PSA wise I'd be more than happy to help.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

You are very welcome. You should get more like that.

I know i gotta keep at it. It's just so time consuming... thanks though, if I have an ambituious project I'll be sure to hit you up.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

No problem, just let me know anytime.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

So.... your Hector's ambidextrous lol

Did you guys manage to get the "axe" glow to work on Ganon/Hector?

I might just do something similar and move Hector over to Falcon/Ganon for the Special Grab.

And I really need to grow up and really animate his attack and crit animation lol


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'm pretty sure it's only for that animation.

I just need a model, I have everything in place and working technically. It's just missing the model and texture, which I have absolutely no way of getting myself currently. I don't have any artistic skill whatsoever unfortunately.

Make sure you get you're axe spinning down before you attempt that. If memory serves hectors axe goes bonkers in the animations you have it spinning.

Quote from: ShinyMammoth on February 08, 2014, 02:04:48 AMMake sure you get you're axe spinning down before you attempt that. If memory serves hectors axe goes bonkers in the animations you have it spinning.

Yeah, I'm going to be completely remaking his Final's animations along with his up air animation (I actually ended up losing the animation for the up air, so I made the one I have currently ;^;). The spinning on his up smash is what I'm going for (which I also ended up losing and quickly remade).

If and when I have time, I'd love to help out with getting the axe glow. Whether by PSA edits (which you've probably already tried) or minor vertexing of a model.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

February 08, 2014, 02:32:35 AM #142 Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:33:56 AM by ShinyMammoth
Quote from: drogoth on February 08, 2014, 02:21:55 AM
If and when I have time, I'd love to help out with getting the axe glow. Whether by PSA edits (which you've probably already tried) or minor vertexing of a model.

Quote from: ShinyMammoth on February 08, 2014, 02:04:48 AM
I just need a model, I have everything in place and working technically. It's just missing the model and texture, which I have absolutely no way of getting myself currently. I don't have any artistic skill whatsoever unfortunately.

PSA Side is done. It's going to require either a very well vertexed, or completely new model. The sword glow shows every imperfection in the model. It seems like a task for a skilled modeler. You're more then welcome to try, seeing as how when the time comes I will be putting a request out for it.

February 09, 2014, 12:23:14 AM #143 Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 12:25:40 AM by RevenantGenesis
Quote from: drogoth on February 08, 2014, 01:31:34 AM
So.... your Hector's ambidextrous lol

Did you guys manage to get the "axe" glow to work on Ganon/Hector?

I might just do something similar and move Hector over to Falcon/Ganon for the Special Grab.

And I really need to grow up and really animate his attack and crit animation lol

Yeahhh, turns out normal Hector is right handed, and Great Lord Hector wields Armads with his left, and uses his right hand only sometimes in the Crit.
Animating the hand switch was a pretty fun thing to do. (Sarcasm) haha  

The only advice I can give on animating his Crit is just watch a video of it over, and over, until you get it right.
Not very good advice I know. lol



Anyway, I figured I'd pop in with an update on what I've done with Chrom so far.

---DONE---

-Down Smash: Clean up transition to Wait1

-Down Air: Make precise hitbox a spike

-Neutral B: Reduce recoil damage, Fix trajectory, fix charge animation

-Up Tilt: Fix weird arm movement at the end

-Run: Made more true to his game

-Landings: Clean up
   -Landing Light
   -Landing Heavy
   -Attack Landings

Win2: Fix Cape

---NOT DONE---

Misc: Add Exalted Falchion activator

Turn Run: Fix for the new run

A Combo: Make it work a little better

Wait2: Reduce Sword Trail length, Remove Sword Glow

Up Smash: Fix Precise Hitbox

Side B: Make the second hit jump further
Side B Air: Make hitboxes connect better

Final Smash: Import a new stage, Import Aether's Symbol as a graphic, Add some misc graphics

SFX: Just need a little more for it to be done, Like the sound that happens when Aether activates


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Quote from: RevenantGenesis on February 09, 2014, 12:23:14 AM
Yeahhh, turns out normal Hector is right handed, and Great Lord Hector wields Armads with his left, and uses his right hand only sometimes in the Crit.
Animating the hand switch was a pretty fun thing to do. (Sarcasm) haha  

The only advice I can give on animating his Crit is just watch a video of it over, and over, until you get it right.
Not very good advice I know. lol

What's worse is that he uses his right hand as a great lord with any weapon other than Armads :(


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Actually, Hector only stands, and spins his axe with with his left, the actual attack is with his right.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

February 09, 2014, 01:20:34 AM #146 Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 01:23:58 AM by drogoth
Quote from: RevenantGenesis on February 09, 2014, 01:17:43 AM
Actually, Hector only stands, and spins his axe with with his left, the actual attack is with his right.

That's with Armads, I was talking about any other weapon. With Armads, you're correct. He stands and spins like a lefty and attacks with his right after a spin.

But with any other weapon, he holds and attacks with his right.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Lol sorry I guess I read that wrong. But at least you only have to animate his wait lefty, then maybe switch hands for attacking.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Quote from: RevenantGenesis on February 09, 2014, 01:23:12 AM
Lol sorry I guess I read that wrong. But at least you only have to animate his wait lefty, then maybe switch hands for attacking.

Always possible. Only that it'll murder every animation I've made :P

I'll see what I can do.

And stop slacking and fix those images! :P


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'll work on the new Wait1 for Chrom today. Hopefully it wont take me too long.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.