The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Do the cloned slots have to be PSA's or can they be exact copies of the characters already in the game? Like others have said, there aren't 100 PSA's, but since this doesn't work with Cbliss you could just clone a Mario and put more textures on him.

This is the most amazing start of the year eveeeer.
To bad I don't have a working sd card slot


It looks like I accidentally posted a Custom CSS code with part of my own character roster mixed in, so if you tried using that code, it probably didn't work for you.

Here's a proper default roster CSS code.


Custom CSS V3 [spunit262] (Default CSS)
  0668310C 00000030
  387E006C 3B600000
  3C808068 38840DE0
  7CBB20AE 7CA50775
  41800014 94A30004
  3B7B0001 2C1B0032
  4180FFE8 48000038
  04690338 48000068
  066900D8 00000008
  2C170028 41820168
  02680DE0 0022FFFF
  06680DE0 00000024
  00010203 06070811
  12091A0E 1716131B
  21260D05 14101F25
  200B270C 15242218
  0A231929 00000000


And here's one with ids 3F and 40 added to the end:


Custom CSS V3 [spunit262] (Default CSS+ExChars3F&40)
  0668310C 00000030
  387E006C 3B600000
  3C808068 38840DE0
  7CBB20AE 7CA50775
  41800014 94A30004
  3B7B0001 2C1B0032
  4180FFE8 48000038
  04690338 48000068
  066900D8 00000008
  2C170028 41820168
  02680DE0 0022FFFF
  06680DE0 00000026
  00010203 06070811
  12091A0E 1716131B
  21260D05 14101F25
  200B270C 15242218
  0A23193F 40290000


Also, if the icons are showing up as Random, then that means BrawlEx isn't running at all. Make sure you have both the bx_fighter.rel module and common2.pac in the proper places in your patching directory.


Quote from: SonicBrawler on January 01, 2014, 01:51:50 PM
sorry if u already explained it (although I skimmed through and didnt see it) but how do you create/properly edit the slotconfig? thats the only thing i dont understand

No, you didn't miss it. I forgot to add the details on the format. I'm going to be doing a major overhaul on the OP today or tomorrow to get things a little bit more organized.

For now, you can use the template files included in the download. If you're having troubles determining which id belongs to which character, you can look them up on the OpenSA website

Quote from: James on January 01, 2014, 06:58:03 PM
This looks incredible, I can't way to try this!

But if you could, alot of newbs will need a video tutorial so they can do this from scratch,so,if anyone could make one,im sure millions will appreciate it

I can't make a video tutorial at the moment, but if you use the files in the Test Files folder instead of the Core Files folder, and use the code I just posted above, that should get you started.


Quote from: shadowXtreme on January 01, 2014, 04:57:56 PM
##########################################
##
### Usage
##
##########################################

To use the BrawlEx Clone Engine, copy
the contents of the Core Files directory
into the following directory of your SD
card:

SD:/private/wii/RSBE/pf/

is that directory? or this?

SD:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/

The first one's a typo. Use SD:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/

Quote from: ToadKart on January 01, 2014, 07:54:25 PM
Do the cloned slots have to be PSA's or can they be exact copies of the characters already in the game? Like others have said, there aren't 100 PSA's, but since this doesn't work with Cbliss you could just clone a Mario and put more textures on him.

You can make exact clones of characters providing you have all the regular resource files for that character. This means if you'd like, you can make a separate slot for character skins with their own color set even if the movesets are the same. Also, it is possible to add color slots to characters using the CSSSlot Config files accomplishing the same effect as CBLISS. I'll post more details on how to modify them once I update the OP.

Quote from: Albafika on January 01, 2014, 08:07:49 PM
Amazing, PhantomWings. Now let's see you reach the 100 posts at last!

Been here for 4 years, have post count less than 100.   :af2:

I can't wait till you  can get this working for USB users. My SD card slot isn't working 100% D:

Oh no. This is terrible. Now I'm going to be holed up in my apartment for ages on end and not show up at work or school because I'll be far too busy playing with this. I'm going to forget what the sun looks like.


But seriously. Amazing work here. I had to reread that "100 slots" part several times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Your hard work is not unappreciated, Phantom. This is fantastic.



PS: For the record, I love the OP theatrics.


Thanks, PhantomWings.

It's working now with the updated code.

Though if I want to add more slots than just 3F and 40, which values would I edit of the original code?

Also, I'll restate my previous question.
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on January 01, 2014, 05:50:03 PMOn the subject of my Transformation Question, which PSA Command would I use to change the characters?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Good to hear that everything's running for everyone now. Releases like these are always a little bumpy.

Honestly though, I never would have been able to do this if there weren't such an awesome modding community here to begin with.


Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on January 01, 2014, 09:19:22 PM
Thanks, PhantomWings.

It's working now with the updated code.

Though if I want to add more slots than just 3F and 40, which values would I edit of the original code?

Also, I'll restate my previous question.

"On the subject of my Transformation Question, which PSA Command would I use to change the characters?"

To add new character ids, just keep shifting the 29 value over to the right or onto a new line and add the new character ids in between. You'll also need to update the icon count in the code by however many characters you add. There are other ways you can organize your CSS as well, but you'll have to experiment a little bit to see what works for you.

Transformations actually require a custom PSA command (the 0C series of commands in particular reference code in the character's module). If you want to add a transforming character, you'll need some knowledge on character modules. I don't fully understand how it's done myself, but I'll be here for support if you ever want to start a thread to look into it.

welp. i can have 1 extra slot, but if i try to add another, i get a second random spot, which freezes the game, and i get anothe rmario
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

January 01, 2014, 09:40:38 PM #69 Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 09:42:53 PM by KingOfTheHillJigglypuff
Quote from: PhantomWings on January 01, 2014, 09:32:09 PMTo add new character ids, just keep shifting the 29 value over to the right or onto a new line and add the new character ids in between. You'll also need to update the icon count in the code by however many characters you add. There are other ways you can organize your CSS as well, but you'll have to experiment a little bit to see what works for you.
Alright.

So would this be right for the third character?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: PhantomWings on January 01, 2014, 09:32:09 PM
Transformations actually require a custom PSA command (the 0C series of commands in particular reference code in the character's module). If you want to add a transforming character, you'll need some knowledge on character modules. I don't fully understand how it's done myself, but I'll be here for support if you ever want to start a thread to look into it.
That would be great if you could look into it.

Though instead of a new thread, it might be more useful for information/progress to be on this thread for consistency. Though that's just me.

Would it be possible for me to look into say Zelda's rel and somehow port the transformation information onto the BrawlEx P&P rel I want with fixed IDs?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: SonicBrawler on January 01, 2014, 09:38:59 PM
welp. i can have 1 extra slot, but if i try to add another, i get a second random spot, which freezes the game, and i get anothe rmario

You'll have to show me which ids you are using. If the icon is Random, then that means it isn't one that's mapped by BrawlEx. If the icon is Mario and causes the game to crash when loading the match, then either it doesn't have any config files loaded into it, the resource files for the character don't exist on your SD card, or both.

While the cosmetic data for ExSlots defaults to Mario, they will try to load up Fighter<id>Ex.pac by default. As those files don't normally exist in the game, they are expected to crash if they aren't configured.


Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on January 01, 2014, 09:40:38 PM
Alright.

So would this be right for the third character?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

That would be great if you could look into it.

Though instead of a new thread, it might be more useful for information/progress to be on this thread for consistency. Though that's just me.

Would it be possible for me to look into say Zelda's rel and somehow port the transformation information onto the BrawlEx P&P rel I want with fixed IDs?

The red part is wrong. For the most part, you're never going to use ids 2A through 3E unless you really know what you're doing. The last id in the code should always be 29 for most standard cases.

This is the correct form of the last line:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: PhantomWings on January 01, 2014, 10:00:51 PM
You'll have to show me which ids you are using. If the icon is Random, then that means it isn't one that's mapped by BrawlEx. If the icon is Mario and causes the game to crash when loading the match, then either it doesn't have any config files loaded into it, the resource files for the character don't exist on your SD card, or both.

While the cosmetic data for ExSlots defaults to Mario, they will try to load up Fighter<id>Ex.pac by default. As those files don't normally exist in the game, they are expected to crash if they aren't configured.

im using 3F and 40, as in the test pack. I used just 3F and it was fine. Extra slot was there, everything loaded. I added 40, and now the working one turned to teh crashing random, and 40 turend to a working mario. i then lowered the css count by one, removed 40, and 3F is still broken.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

January 01, 2014, 10:06:56 PM #72 Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 10:44:23 PM by Batman
I finally got it!
Like omfg all these feels right now... Okay, now that I'm slowly getting this all there should be now is knowing these codes from what I'm getting so far to get more slots..

Edit; Okay, for some reason when I use Marth Ex's final it freezes like any typical final freeze via final. When I restart it, I get the random CSS's again, and the same thing happens when I attempt to go over it..

Edit2; I'm testing Ike Ex right now. Let see what happens when I use his final.. Alright, his seems to be fine..

Edit3; The roster issue seems to be fluctuating between having the random CSS, and the Marth/Ike EX, and often freezes when I go into training. If it freezes when I attempt to go into training, I assume that it had the random CSS issue.

I see that there are a lot of missing Ex modules right now. Is there a way for us to help complete and add the missing ones? It seems to be the only thing preventing me from adding a new slot for Captain Falcon.

January 01, 2014, 10:53:09 PM #74 Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 10:55:52 PM by KingOfTheHillJigglypuff
Another GFX question...

Can we use a Clone character's ID for GFX, so there won't be conflicts?

Also, what could we do for SFX?

I have a bug report as well.

Sometimes after leaving Training Mode, the controller goes unresponsive. With the exception of the Gamecube C Stick, no other controller part will respond, so you'll have to exit the game with the Wiimote and go to Home to start again.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]