The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

January 02, 2014, 01:42:48 AM #90 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 01:58:58 AM by SonicBrawler
yup. i have those too. yet it still wont work. i just get the random slot that freezes

Post Merge: January 02, 2014, 01:58:58 AM

geez. i was getting files mixed up by the sorting and naming. im all good
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Just a little bug to report. The css fix for giga and company V2 wont work with this, it will clone marth, but anyone else added will just be mario. it wont even crash. it just loads mario's files.

I have also tested this with Brawl Minus, the only code needed to be changed is the File patch code and remove the giga and company css fix V2. replace that with the 3.5.1b that phantom wings made for this, then move all the stuff that was in minusery to the private/wii/app/rsbe/ directory and its golden.

Though, i have no idea whether it will work with PM

If anyone is getting silent crashes when you go back to the css screen or exit the css after picking a cloned character, its caused when BrawlEx cant find and load config files. you must use the File patch code that he included in the download, and you have to put all the test files in the Private/wii/app/rsbe/pf directory.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Then you shouldn't get freezes.

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 02, 2014, 02:11:35 AM
wall of text
Then you shouldn't get freezes.

Yeah, but I use Riivo and not a cloned character. D:

Quote from: SonicBrawler on January 02, 2014, 01:42:48 AM

Post Merge: January 02, 2014, 01:58:58 AM

geez. i was getting files mixed up by the sorting and naming. im all good
nice to know it works

for seperate sfx
a perfect workaround would be to make a code that when a character of 3f+ is chosen, the rootname of the sfx is changed, making the game load the sfx from a differently named sfx folder
the only issue i see is that the code will have to be deactivated when choosing a character below 3f

January 02, 2014, 02:29:37 AM #94 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 02:31:53 AM by KingOfTheHillJigglypuff
I got another bug report.

Using an Article on a Cloned character crashes the game. Ex: Link's Bow, Lucario's Aura Sphere, etc.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

yea, articles seem to be crashing for me too

January 02, 2014, 03:11:33 AM #96 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:13:33 AM by PhantomWings
I've updated the OP with a more comprehensive startup guide on how everything works. Hopefully that will alleviate some of the confusion so far.


Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on January 01, 2014, 10:53:09 PM
Another GFX question...

Can we use a Clone character's ID for GFX, so there won't be conflicts?

Also, what could we do for SFX?

I have a bug report as well.

Sometimes after leaving Training Mode, the controller goes unresponsive. With the exception of the Gamecube C Stick, no other controller part will respond, so you'll have to exit the game with the Wiimote and go to Home to start again.

Can anyone else confirm the bug with the Gamecube controller? I never actually tested BrawlEx with anything besides a WiiRemote...

GFX are stored in graphics banks similar to sound banks. The issue lies in the fact that a single moveset file has the effect bank reference coded into the moveset data. So even if you changed which bank the effects are loaded into, the moveset itself will still try to load the effects from the old bank.



Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 02, 2014, 01:31:16 AM
I got an issue too. I tested that CSS code just for kicks, and when I try to leave the results screen after a match, the game silent freezes before going back to the CSS.

Sometimes if you mess up the CSS configuration, you will get a crash when returning from the match. This is most commonly due to having either a None(28) icon in your CSS or a Random(29) icon that is not the very last icon.



Quote from: sammi-husky on January 02, 2014, 02:11:35 AM
Just a little bug to report. The css fix for giga and company V2 wont work with this, it will clone marth, but anyone else added will just be mario. it wont even crash. it just loads mario's files.

I have also tested this with Brawl Minus, the only code needed to be changed is the File patch code and remove the giga and company css fix V2. replace that with the 3.5.1b that phantom wings made for this, then move all the stuff that was in minusery to the private/wii/app/rsbe/ directory and its golden.

Though, i have no idea whether it will work with PM


The GigaBowser and Alloys fix code messes with the character ids before and after the match starts, so it is expected that it would cause BrawlEx to work strangely with the ExSlots. It's good to know that BrawlEx is mostly compatible with Brawl Minus though.

From what I understand of ProjectM, it modifies quite a bit of sora_melee which is also modified by BrawlEx, so at the very least, there's going to be some code merging required if they are going to be used together. I briefly discussed the topic with Dantarion, but I don't know enough about ProjectM to build a compatible sora_melee module.

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 02, 2014, 03:10:01 AM
yea, articles seem to be crashing for me too

I'll look into it then. I tested the new ft_lucas ExModule in an ExSlot and it worked just fine despite him having tons of articles. Make sure you're configuring the BX module properly with the correct id.

The CSS works fine itself, which is weird. D:

Quote from: PhantomWings on January 02, 2014, 03:11:33 AM
Make sure you're configuring the BX module properly with the correct id.

well, i went back and triple checked my work. the match starts fine, i can do just about anything (with lucario) except as soon as i press nuetral b for aura sphere, the game crashes.

I may be able to get some more information, considering im using dolphin to test it.

i'll have to try lucas to see if this is something to do with BX or my setup..

January 02, 2014, 03:53:18 AM #99 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:54:26 AM by Batman
If I where to make a GanonEx. All I have to do is press new via the Config Utility, rename FighterEx to GanonEx, and just save him from there?.. If so, I mayy need help when I have to put a new CSS in this case. (All I got was "Fighter00.dat" from clicking save that's a good sign right?...)

January 02, 2014, 04:08:23 AM #100 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:10:52 AM by sammi-husky
This is the dolphin Log before crash, when pulling out an aurasphere

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Can ExBrawl Files Load directly from the iso?

Can someone help me put this in Brawl Minus Max?

I am trying to make a clone of Marth like his example and it freezes on the CSS...

Also how do I use the custom one?Like if I want more than one character?

i tested lucas, all of his stuff works fine. But lucario still does not



Quote from: Jade_Rock on January 02, 2014, 04:28:04 AM
Can someone help me put this in Brawl Minus Max?

I am trying to make a clone of Marth like his example and it freezes on the CSS...

Also how do I use the custom one? Like if I want more than one character?

Jade, its a somewhat complicated if your not particularly savy with these things, it might be better to wait for a video tutorial if the tutorial in the OP doesn't help :/

If your using MAX, then you will have to edit the GCT codes to disable 'Giga and Comapany CSS fix V2'.
you will also have to swap out the file Patch code, for the one that is included in one of the readme files in the download for BrawlEx.

once you swap out the File patch code, you gotta move everythin on the sd card from Minusery, back to Private/wii/app/rsbe/

I've identified the freezing bug for articles. Right now it's just a matter of finding the right way of fixing it. It doesn't seem to affect all articles, just some of them. It just so happens that Lucas, and Ike's articles are not affected by it at all. In any case, I'll probably release an update for the BrawlEx engine soon.