Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827045 times)
Tabuu Forte Akugun
Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #375 on: January 04, 2014, 01:55:24 PM »

Heh, nice.

This code seems like it will be quite a bit of fun to use once all the bugs are ironed out.

Sorry my PSA for her is taking so long, BTW. D: I changed her from Falco to Marth so I could clone her and fix a few glitches she had.

Does she need to be resized compared to Marf?

Anyone have Mewtwo's files? Not the P:M ones. I wanna add him to my Slot 41.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #376 on: January 04, 2014, 01:58:19 PM »

Fixed the Cosmetics. Thanks Sammi!

ur welcomes! im glad you got it working.

Having the crashing random icon often means BrawlEx didn't run successfully. It happens frequently even with working codesets and files. If you just keep trying, it'll eventually work.

this hasn't happened to me. the only times it's ever crashed or shown random icons was when i did something wrong. even on the wii.

though the new id is 0x92 as roy is 0x91
    roy is 3f and marisa is 40
    roy is based off of marth and marisa is off of lucas.

what is really confusing is that now that i have disabled marisa, roy isn't even working. he is just a random icon that crashes when hovered, but he wasn't doing that before. i've checked the .REL and the last two digits of roys is 3f and marisa's is 40. the fighter_bx.rel is in place. and the brawlex files are in working order. i'm completely confused.

hmm...your sure you've named the fighter config correctly? random icons generally mean that BrawlEx didnt start when you loaded the game. OR that BrawlEx can't find any config files for that particular slot.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #377 on: January 04, 2014, 02:03:33 PM »

welp i figured it out. and as a reminder do not use the default vbihook for the hook type in Brawl if using gecko. use Axtnextframe, i read that in a previous page and felt stupid. as to why that is the magical fix i really don't know.

now my next question is when/how can we edit the cosmetics so that we can show portraits/icons that we are choosing a certain character. or is that a future feature. either way that should be an instruction on the front page. though Sammi told me to do so in the tutorial but i failed to follow that one instruction.

this is still pretty cool. and if you play around with the fighter config you can tell how many costumes a character is allowed to have. so if a character like the 2d marisa only has one costume and is too difficult to make for multiple costumes cause of the different sprites. you can make it only have one costume period thus fixing any random selection of a costume that is non existant crashes. and it could save up on character/sd card space. extremely conveniant.

*edit*
    thanks Sammi you helped extremely you also made something that seemed complicated actually easier to understand. so now i can have my friends stop complaining when i replace ROB or some of the other characters i deem lame replaced for more awesome ones. i can now leave the roster alone and just have the boss ones added moreso than replace. heck there is even hope for Clare again. really get my engine going.
    « Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:05:07 PM by Ultraxwing » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #378 on: January 04, 2014, 02:12:16 PM »

*edit*
    thanks Sammi you helped extremely you also made something that seemed complicated actually easier to understand. so now i can have my friends stop complaining when i replace ROB or some of the other characters i deem lame replaced for more awesome ones. i can now leave the roster alone and just have the boss ones added moreso than replace. heck there is even hope for Clare again. really get my engine going.

Your welcome Smiley im glad i can help everyone out, soon enough everyone will be up and running im sure. once you get the hang of it, repeating the process isn't TOO difficult.

the98pika
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer Concerned Elector Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #379 on: January 04, 2014, 02:15:54 PM »

I'm very late. This might be my own problem since I never saw anyone post this problem.
    I can't open Module 3.3.exe it said some error that might be because I put it on SD card and not computer, but what's weird is my virus protector said it has a threat...I hate to say it since it seems like a lot of people are using this and isn't having problems like this. I trust the one who made the program, but still its weird to see that. If anyone has a suggestion it would be helpful.

-

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #380 on: January 04, 2014, 02:22:55 PM »

Your welcome Smiley im glad i can help everyone out, soon enough everyone will be up and running im sure. once you get the hang of it, repeating the process isn't TOO difficult.

i agree the process isn't too difficult. once it is figured out and processed. it is just repetitive.

I'm very late. This might be my own problem since I never saw anyone post this problem.
    I can't open Module 3.3.exe it said some error that might be because I put it on SD card and not computer, but what's weird is my virus protector said it has a threat...I hate to say it since it seems like a lot of people are using this and isn't having problems like this. I trust the one who made the program, but still its weird to see that. If anyone has a suggestion it would be helpful.

the only thing i may suggest is to allow an exception in the program. tell your anti-virus basically it is safe and trust worthy. it works just fine and it is 100% safe. i highly doubt phantomwings would make this whole thing just to release a small bit virus. it is a perfectly fine program.

the98pika
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer Concerned Elector Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #381 on: January 04, 2014, 02:28:22 PM »

the only thing i may suggest is to allow an exception in the program. tell your anti-virus basically it is safe and trust worthy. it works just fine and it is 100% safe. i highly doubt phantomwings would make this whole thing just to release a small bit virus. it is a perfectly fine program.
    OK thanks. I know hes trusted and I also trust him, it's probably my anti-virus being over protected Tongue.

-

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #382 on: January 04, 2014, 02:29:01 PM »

OK thanks. I know hes trusted and I also trust him, it's probably my anti-virus being over protected Tongue.

it's trying to stop another Clone Wars.

Kingskull95
    Supreme Kitten

Beyond The Boundary

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #383 on: January 04, 2014, 02:38:16 PM »

has this happened to anyone, the random slot got turned into mario and i still have 3 randoms ??

my bad forgot to add 29 towards the end of the code
    « Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 03:15:54 PM by Kingskull95 » Logged

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #384 on: January 04, 2014, 03:07:01 PM »

hey PW, i noticed in the hex for the Cosmetic configs, that 0x10 and 0x12 match the ID's in sc_selcharacter.pac for the Fighter's CSS and Battle portrait respectively for every character. is there any particular reason, or is it just a coincidence? Shocked

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #385 on: January 04, 2014, 03:14:48 PM »

welp i figured it out. and as a reminder do not use the default vbihook for the hook type in Brawl if using gecko. use Axtnextframe, i read that in a previous page and felt stupid. as to why that is the magical fix i really don't know.
    Oh, wow, that does make it work much more consistently.

On a side note, I finally got Roy's sounds working in Brawls! I was right about using the wrong sound bank Id. I just played around with them until I guessed the right one. (For reference, it's 13E that I used.)

hey PW, i noticed in the hex for the Cosmetic configs, that 0x10 and 0x12 match the ID's in sc_selcharacter.pac for the Fighter's CSS and Battle portrait respectively for every character. is there any particular reason, or is it just a coincidence? Shocked
    If that's the case, then... can't we create new cosmetics, assign them unique Ids and change the Cosmetic configs to load from them?
    « Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 03:18:45 PM by ShinF » Logged

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #386 on: January 04, 2014, 03:25:42 PM »

If that's the case, then... can't we create new cosmetics, assign them unique Ids and change the Cosmetic configs to load from them?

idk yet, im gonna experiment with it for a while, though im sure just having sc_selcharacter.pac load will cause a crash...

Leon Exodio
    Holy Kitten

Im back!!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #387 on: January 04, 2014, 03:46:08 PM »

ok soo i almost got it working for riivo but i keep getting the random icon of death and i edit the xml in riivo to load the new files  but idk if it works because of the random icon of death so is there any thing im doing wrong?

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #388 on: January 04, 2014, 03:53:58 PM »

this is still pretty cool. and if you play around with the fighter config you can tell how many costumes a character is allowed to have. so if a character like the 2d marisa only has one costume and is too difficult to make for multiple costumes cause of the different sprites. you can make it only have one costume period thus fixing any random selection of a costume that is non existant crashes. and it could save up on character/sd card space. extremely conveniant.

and vice versa if you click on more, you can give the slots up to 12 characters
    O.o
    but than again you would have to add more portraits to a sc_selcharacter or the game would freeze

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #389 on: January 04, 2014, 04:07:08 PM »

and vice versa if you click on more, you can give the slots up to 12 characters
    O.o
    but than again you would have to add more portraits to a sc_selcharacter or the game would freeze

i would rather be able to add/edit in brand new CSS information.
    but i think one could make a whole new common.pac, i've never seen bxfighter.rel before. so it is possible to add in brand new files.
    or if need be i saw something that ASf1nk had made the alloys, warioman, and gigabowser had their own css icons and what not.

Pages:  1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: