Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2846986 times)
MrUnusual
Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

• Awards Famous Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1305 on: January 20, 2014, 11:04:53 AM »

Ok, I'm not understanding this, it's not working for me and I can't seem to figure out why.

I already had a generic SD card created. I copied both the File Patcher codes and the Custom CSS V3 codes that were provided from here, pasted them in Ocarina, in the Custom CSS V3 codes, I went to the bottom and changed 24 to 25, changed 29 to 3F, changed the following "00" numbers to 29 to put my extra character right after Lucas and right before Random, then I stored it. Then I exported it to a GTC file naming it RSBE01.gtc, then I put it in the codes folder of my generic SD (using Winimage).

Then I created the BrawlEx Folder and put it in the pf folder of the generic SD card, then created a CosmeticConfig folder, a CSSSlotConfig folder, a FighterConfig and a SlotConfig to put in the BrawlEx folder in my generic SD card

Then I created the Mewtwo Folder and put it in the figter folder in my generic SD. Then extracted all of the FitLucario files from the original partition and renamed them all FitMewtwo, FitMewtwo00, FitMewtwoFinal etc...) then moved all of them into the Mewtwo Folder

Then I grabbed "Fighter21 [LUCARIO].dat" and renamed it Fighter3F.dat, opened "Fighter3F.dat" in the BrawlEx ConfigUtility Tool, replaced the name LUCARIO with Mewtwo, had Entry, Result and Final as "Single" and Kirby as "None", then saved it.

Draged that Fighter3F.dat file into the sd>private>wii>app>rsbe>pf>BrawlEx>FighterConfig folder in my generic SD

Then I grabbed the "ft_lucario BX Ex v1.1.rel" file and renamed that "ft_mewtwo.rel", opened it in the Module Editor, changed the id to 0x91 as instructed, expanded the file, went to section[8], then hit "Memory Viewer", changed Lucario's ID in the lop right hand corner from 21 to 3F, closed out of the Memory Vier and then saved

Draged that ft_mewtwo.rel file into the sd>private>wii>app>rsbe>pf>module folder in my generic SD

Then dragged the Module and System folders provided into their designated areas in the pf folder

Then I grabbed the Cosmetic20 [Lucario].dat file, renamed it Cosmetic3F.dat, grabbed the CSSSlot20 [Lucario].dat file, named it CSSSlot3F.dat, the Slot24 [Lucario].dat file and renamed it Slot3F.dat and copied those files in their respective folders in te BrawlEx folder

That's all the steps I saw, I didn't think I missed anything. I then closed out of Winimage. Started Dolphin, turned on the Log View on the side, started GeckoOS, started tha game, went to the cloned Lucario after Lucas and before Random, chose Mario as the CPU player for me to fight, chose the Pokemon Stadium stage and it froze while loading with the following messages in the Log View screen saying "File Read  (DVD): Open failed (/fighter/mewtwo/FitMewtwoEntry.pac" here was the whole Error Message:

"00:08:596 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]:  File Read  (SD): Open failed (/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/module/st_stadium.rel) 
    00:08:761 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: File Read  (DVD): /module/st_stadium.rel (size:29528 byte, adr:0x9356b000) at 7
    00:08:764 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]:  File Read  (SD): Open failed (/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/mewtwo/FitMewtwoEntry.pac) 
    00:08:764 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]:  File Read  (DVD): Open failed (/fighter/mewtwo/FitMewtwoEntry.pac) 
    00:08:767 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]:  <<gfModule>> create Instance (adr:0x8115b9c0  size: 0x00006bac text:0x8115ba8c) 
    00:08:799 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]:  File Read  (SD): Open failed (/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/STAGE/MELEE/STGStadium.PAC) 
    00:08:801 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]:  File Read  (SD): Open failed (/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm/H03.brstm) 
    00:08:861 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: File Read  (DVD): /STAGE/MELEE/STGStadium.PAC (size:1573184 byte, adr:0x933f2220) at 13"

The weird thing is it said that it was trying to load Mewtwo from the DVD instead of SD, dunno if that's why it froze, but if it is, why would it be doing that?
    « Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 11:09:17 AM by MrUnusual » Logged

evanescent_hero
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1306 on: January 20, 2014, 11:05:58 AM »

I don't feel like reading through ninety pages, so apologies if this has been asked. Is it possible this will ever work with Project: M? I play that exclusively.

A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #1307 on: January 20, 2014, 11:07:59 AM »

Ok so I tried to load Roy Kirby. I got a Beep Freeze with KirbyRoy files and Silent without. But It might just be because I'm using P:M KirbyRoy Tongue

Are you sure the move is in FitKirby.pac and not FitKirbyRoy.pac? (I know it's not in FitKirbyRoy00.pac or FitKirbyRoySpy.pac because those are the actual hats.)

--------------

No this is not compatible with Project M. Their Clone Engine is different from ours.
    « Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 11:09:02 AM by Doqtor Kirby Ex » Logged

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1308 on: January 20, 2014, 11:08:50 AM »

Well, seems everyones been busy. While working on the workaround code (with no internet), which is realy hard, I seem to have stumbled across a way to have virtually infinite clones....well..virtualy beacause I THINK it would be more then 100...and I can't really put my finger on a limit..

Anyways, you could have as many clones as you can fit in the css code. (Idk if there's a limit to that?)
    I'll upload a simple code later for proof of concept Tongue hopefully I can make a working engine out of it.

Oh my, are you saying that this clone engine may seriously already be nearly capable of turning this game into it's own MUGEN!?  Happy Face AWESOME 2.0! Awesome Face Grin

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1309 on: January 20, 2014, 11:11:13 AM »

Problems
    Lucario (and therefore Mewtwo) don't have Entry or Result files. Change them to None in the Fighter Config file.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• Awards Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1310 on: January 20, 2014, 11:13:48 AM »

File Patch Code 3.5.1b was "removed for a violation." I cannot download it.

If anyone has a working setup which includes the Gecko folder, would they mind sending me a zipped version of that? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Post Merge: January 20, 2014, 11:16:21 AM
    I also need the extension thing, I have a 4gb SDHC card.
    « Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 11:16:21 AM by Riddler » Logged

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #1311 on: January 20, 2014, 11:19:10 AM »

File Patch Code 3.5.1b was "removed for a violation." I cannot download it.

If anyone has a working setup which includes the Gecko folder, would they mind sending me a zipped version of that? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Post Merge: January 20, 2014, 11:16:21 AM
    I also need the extension thing, I have a 4gb SDHC card.
    3.5.1b is in the Readme for the Engine. At the bottom.

SDHC Extension is in this board, with the same title (SDHC Extension)

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

• Awards Famous Hacker Favorite'd

« Reply #1312 on: January 20, 2014, 11:20:37 AM »

Lucario (and therefore Mewtwo) don't have Entry or Result files. Change them to None in the Fighter Config file.
    Yes! That solved it! Thanks Smiley

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1313 on: January 20, 2014, 11:35:57 AM »

"removed for a violation."

Violation of what?   Mario Facepalm Sometimes download sites like rapidshare (example) just don't seem to get it  Im srs here

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1314 on: January 20, 2014, 11:41:07 AM »

Yep, seems like brawl ex actually loads the css slots into a neatly organized table that points the css icon to the actual slot of the character. It's reset each time the css loads, BUT with the code I'm making u would be able to cycle through theoretically endless clones in the same way you would cycle colors. Just using shield instead of Y or X Tongue

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1315 on: January 20, 2014, 11:49:38 AM »

Violation of what?   Mario Facepalm Sometimes download sites like rapidshare (example) just don't seem to get it  Im srs here
    When I went to the site, my virus software picked up the same [censored] from the other day.

So what am I doing wrong now?
    I have three folders on my SD card.
    >apps
    >DATA
    >private

Inside apps is gecko.
    Inside DATA is GECKO > CODES > codes.GCT
    Inside private is APP > RSBE > PF > all of asf1nk's files

When I load up gecko it says I have no codes and nothing is different.

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1316 on: January 20, 2014, 11:50:24 AM »

Yep, seems like brawl ex actually loads the css slots into a neatly organized table that points the css icon to the actual slot of the character. It's reset each time the css loads, BUT with the code I'm making u would be able to cycle through theoretically endless clones in the same way you would cycle colors. Just using shield instead of Y or X Tongue

So does that mean we could actually have characters within characters in the form of costumes but with their own movesets?

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #1317 on: January 20, 2014, 11:54:10 AM »

When I went to the site, my virus software picked up the same [censored] from the other day.

So what am I doing wrong now?
    I have three folders on my SD card.
    >apps
    >DATA
    >private

Inside apps is gecko.
    Inside DATA is GECKO > CODES > codes.GCT
    Inside private is APP > RSBE > PF > all of asf1nk's files

When I load up gecko it says I have no codes and nothing is different.
    Codes go in /codes

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1318 on: January 20, 2014, 11:55:55 AM »

Codes go in /codes
    I'll try that. I did what this guy said before:
    GCT codes go in DATA/GECKO/CODES. Make sure File Replacement Code 3.5.1b is one of the codes you use.

Post Merge: January 20, 2014, 11:59:31 AM
    Still nothing.
    « Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 11:59:31 AM by Riddler » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1319 on: January 20, 2014, 12:02:25 PM »

Well...I suppose it could be thought of like that. Its better to think of it as the clone temporarily borrowing the slot Tongue and using it to load itself

Your codes should be in /codes on the root of the sdcard.

Inside private should be wii/app/rsbe/pf. Your setup looks like it forgot the wii before app

Pages:  1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: