Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2836572 times)
ShadowSnake
Venomous Hacker
Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1575 on: January 24, 2014, 02:01:36 PM »

did you change the ID of the module itself to something above 90 that's not already in use? i can't imagine why that would be it..but i haven't had a chance to look at the sdcard yet, so try that for now Tongue

Yeah i did that too.

EDIT: Maybe there is something wrong with the config files for Jiggs that were included with BrawlEx or maybe Wisp doesn't work with Pikazz's module. I doubt it though but who knows.
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:07:28 PM by ShadowSnake » Logged

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1576 on: January 24, 2014, 02:08:41 PM »

Rather than read every god damn page of this rather unreal concept(100 chars...WAT...This is what I get for not checking the forums in a month...) I'll just put my questions into one post
    -How do the sounds for this work? There's no way the .brsar gets expanded
    -Is it possible to have, say, 4 different Ikes in a match? Like 4 different PSAs?
    -Do the BrawlEx characters have any kind of filesize limit?(I don't mean at all, I mean is it like the same general size as the rest of the cast or is it noexistant?)
    -How do the external GFX work? Is there a way to call them from the EX chars?)
    -Most important of all...
                                   Will this work on Riivolution?
    If anyone could answer any of these I'd be grateful
    And if none of the problems above exist....
    There goes my whole summer, spring break, and life

- Sounds can't be added (yet), but they can be replaced via Replacement SoundBank Engine, and characters can be assigned any soundbanks, including Boss soundbanks, which can be replaced with their sounds. Otherwise, they can still load the original character's without having to actually have that character in the battle.
    - Yes, as long as the character has an ExModule (Ike does), you can clone them as many times as they'll fit on your CSS. (Currently, only 50 slots can exist on the CSS, but sammi-husky has a work-around he posted in the last couple of pages if you care to add more than that)
    - I don't believe that size limits have been addressed. I haven't encountered any problems, but I would assume that they remain the same as the character they're cloned from.
    - I know that graphics work the same way that they do when a character is ported, so having 4 Ikes with different graphics will cause only the first Ike that was loaded to have the correct graphics and the others would share his. It IS possible to replace a Clone's graphics so that they use an Assist Trophy's and then give that Assist Trophy the PSA's graphics, but it's a bit tedious.
    - No. This will not work with Riivolution.
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:10:09 PM by ShinF » Logged

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1577 on: January 24, 2014, 02:13:58 PM »

-How do the sounds for this work? There's no way the .brsar gets expanded
    *the sounds still have to be replaced in order to add new sounds to the game, but you can assign specific soundbanks to the clones

-Is it possible to have, say, 4 different Ikes in a match? Like 4 different PSAs?
    *it's possible, yes. You can have 4 of any character that has an exmodule released so far, all with different psa's

-Do the BrawlEx characters have any kind of filesize limit?(I don't mean at all, I mean is it like the same general size as the rest of the cast or is it noexistant?)
    *as far as i know, the characters themselves have exactly the same file limitations as other character files. though that's not really a problem

-How do the external GFX work? Is there a way to call them from the EX chars?)
    *external GFX...hmm..i haven't really looked into it, but it should be the same as with any other character in the game. the clone engine allows a completely new folder in the Fighter folder on the sdcard, named whatever you want the character to be named. so they essentially have all their own files.

-Most important of all... Will this work on Riivolution?
    *no....lol your not the only person to ask this....and won't be the last. there needs to be a FAQ in the first page of the post.

Yeah i did that too.

hmm...alright. well as soon as i get home, i'll load up your sdcard and see what's up Tongue incidentally, i may have posted the wrong code......the one i posted should have been able to scroll all the way to the 99th character, then reset back to 0 so it doesn't freeze

Try this one.
    235D857C 000000A9
    66000013 00000000
    E0000000 80008000
    205BA484 00000020
    215D7650 00000000
    055D7650 00000053
    045BA484 00000000
    E0000000 80008000
    215d7650 00000063
    055d7650 00000000
    E0000000 80008000
    205BA484 00000020
    235D7650 00000063
    82200002 015D7650
    86000002 00000001
    84200002 015D7650
    045BA484 00000000
    E0000000 80008000
    205BA484 00000040
    055D7650 00000000
    045BA484 00000000
    E0000000 80008000

i kinda just hotfixed this one, so i haven't tested it. but it should work..it may even fix the problem your having with freezing.

EIDT: Are you using custom csp's? because that leaves room for errors...it's best to test the code without them if you are.
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:17:58 PM by sammi-huskyEX » Logged

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1578 on: January 24, 2014, 02:15:20 PM »

Just the normal codes plus Replacement SoundBank Engine.

Alright thanks it worked!

Now how do I get P:M's Mewtwo to have sounds because right now he's completely silent.

WintersAssassin
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1579 on: January 24, 2014, 02:17:15 PM »

Bleh the swapping kinda works, I used a generic pit clone and the picture changed but the game freezes after that, it wont let me select it or anything. I've tried ID 53 and 54 and the picture changed with R but it freezes right after. Has anyone else got it working on an actual Wii?

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1580 on: January 24, 2014, 02:20:00 PM »

WinterAssassin. The code i posted earlier freezed if you used the reset button before selecting a character. you should try the code i just posted, that one may work. SolidSnake got it to work with his first clone slot, so your probably missing something if you can't get at least one slot to work

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1581 on: January 24, 2014, 02:23:55 PM »

Alright thanks it worked!

Now how do I get P:M's Mewtwo to have sounds because right now he's completely silent.
    Here are my files for Mewtwo with Sounds. The PSA was created by KidCraft based on PM's because he t-posed when jabbing and Shadow Ball didn't work. KidCraft fixed it so that it doesn't do that, and he still has sounds.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fds7teyl7u2qjnb/Mewtwo%20with%20Sounds.zip

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1582 on: January 24, 2014, 02:27:59 PM »

It's rather strange, several months ago I had Gecko working fine on my SD card (it's 16GB SDHC) but I stopped playing. After hearing about the clone engine I figured I'd start playing again but now Gecko refuses to load the File Patch Code, but any other codes work.

I tried using the SDHC Extension in Gecko but that didn't seem to help any either.. I read something about Gecko using an IOS that's not compatible with SDHC, but I'm not sure if there's anything I can do about that. I've tried File Patch 2.1, 3.5.1, nothing.

EDIT: I mean I'm using the Project M Launcher, I'm using my own .gct and what not though.

Without the SDHC code, Brawl just plain can't access an SDHC. Perhaps try that with a standard 2GB SD card? I'd suggest starting with a gct that's just using the File Patch 3.5.1b from the text file and the CSS code in the initial post. From what I can tell the problem seems to be with Gecko anyway, so probably a fresh download of Gecko would help you out.

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

DrunkRussian
    Extreme Kitten

Resident Brawl Modding Weeb.

• Awards Hot Topic Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1583 on: January 24, 2014, 02:30:03 PM »

[censored] I used Riivo til now Maybe I need to go back to Gecko Dx
    Hopefulyy PW could possible update it so that it does but he's...you know...a phantom

PSN:Undead_Baan
    My Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/channel/DrunkenRussianGaming
    Contains Hacks,Naruto Storm stuff, and other [censored]
    Current projects being worked on:Smash 4 Cloud,Gintok Sakata,Shishio Makoto,Deidara,Kenpachi Remake,Ryuko Matoi, Grimmjow, Hollow Ichigo V2

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1584 on: January 24, 2014, 02:38:58 PM »

you could use gecko with the sdhc code that was recently released. it allows sd cards over 2gb on gecko. Tongue

@solidsnake
    try it without custom csp's if your using them, and also try to use it with a different exmodule maybe? i used pikachu and lucas when i was testing Shocked so i dont really know if the jiggs that pikazz made works with it

Kosner
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1585 on: January 24, 2014, 02:40:59 PM »

Without the SDHC code, Brawl just plain can't access an SDHC. Perhaps try that with a standard 2GB SD card? I'd suggest starting with a gct that's just using the File Patch 3.5.1b from the text file and the CSS code in the initial post. From what I can tell the problem seems to be with Gecko anyway, so probably a fresh download of Gecko would help you out.

The strange part is though, using Gecko OS 1.9.3.1 and the SDHC extension I can get the two new icons of Mario (me failing to clone Link/Marth I guess haha) from BrawlEx, but not the textures I have over Donkey Kong (though they work on Project M Launcher or Riivo)

This is the only SD card I have, I tried formatting it to a single partition that was 2GB large exactly before I knew of the SDHC extension but didn't work. I know it may sound stupid or one might not want to believe me, but I have successfully used File Patch with Gecko with this exact SD card in the past.
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:42:23 PM by Kosner » Logged

DrunkRussian
    Extreme Kitten

Resident Brawl Modding Weeb.

• Awards Hot Topic Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1586 on: January 24, 2014, 02:42:01 PM »

@Sammi HOLY [censored] TANK YOU!
    My SD card is a little...big
    32 GB big xD

PSN:Undead_Baan
    My Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/channel/DrunkenRussianGaming
    Contains Hacks,Naruto Storm stuff, and other [censored]
    Current projects being worked on:Smash 4 Cloud,Gintok Sakata,Shishio Makoto,Deidara,Kenpachi Remake,Ryuko Matoi, Grimmjow, Hollow Ichigo V2

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1587 on: January 24, 2014, 02:45:06 PM »

The strange part is though, using Gecko OS 1.9.3.1 and the SDHC extension I can get the two new icons of Mario (me failing to clone Link/Marth I guess haha) from BrawlEx, but not the textures I have over Donkey Kong (though they work on Project M Launcher or Riivo)

This is the only SD card I have, I tried formatting it to a single partition that was 2GB large exactly before I knew of the SDHC extension but didn't work. I know it may sound stupid or one might not want to believe me, but I have successfully used File Patch with Gecko with this exact SD card in the past.

The actual textures are Brawl loading from the SD Card, while the Mario Icons are an effect of the codes themselves, I believe. Brawl's not loading the SD Card for one reason or another. This is a bit out of my range of expertise I think, since you've got the SDHC extension and it's still not loading.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1588 on: January 24, 2014, 02:50:46 PM »

The actual textures are Brawl loading from the SD Card, while the Mario Icons are an effect of the codes themselves, I believe. Brawl's not loading the SD Card for one reason or another. This is a bit out of my range of expertise I think, since you've got the SDHC extension and it's still not loading.

This is correct. I'm not sure since I don't use it, but I believe the SDHC Extension requires an actual, physical SDHC extension cable.

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1589 on: January 24, 2014, 02:58:26 PM »

About the issue with Kirby, Luigi, and Yoshi. I've taken out both Luigi and Kirby's CSSSlot and Fighter configs and the freeze is still happening. This seems to not be a problem with config files, and just a problem with Kirby and this clone engine.

Pages:  1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: