Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2847502 times)
ShinF
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2100 on: February 05, 2014, 10:48:58 PM »

Some claim to have. Others have had issues. It's been kind of inconsistent. Best you at least try. Of course, we didn't know what the people woth issues had in their gct aside frok brawlex, so something like that could have played a role... But regardless, i would try if you care since it's been reported successful in at least pne account in recent memory.
    Exactly one person has said that they got it to work, but given that they never actually showed it working and that no one else has done it, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2101 on: February 05, 2014, 10:49:50 PM »

Yeah, that's the method that I would use. Like I said, I haven't tried it but I'm positive that I could if I actually put the effort in. As it is, though, I don't actually know anything more about it than you do.

Well, i'm willing to givenit a shot. But i'd need a way of figuring out mdl IDs for assist trophy characters. Psa, my favorite tool, can't open them, and brawlbox 69b doesn't display their ID either. I know you know we're both in the dark, but if you had a way of figuring out mdl ids i'd start tests tomorrow evening and share my results with you. Any method for figuring out IDs come to mind?

Post Merge: February 05, 2014, 10:50:26 PM
    Exactly one person has said that they got it to work, but given that they never actually showed it working and that no one else has done it, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Oh, just one? Maybe i just read the aame guy twice...

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2102 on: February 05, 2014, 10:53:23 PM »

Well, i'm willing to givenit a shot. But i'd need a way of figuring out mdl IDs for assist trophy characters. Psa, my favorite tool, can't open them, and brawlbox 69b doesn't display their ID either. I know you know we're both in the dark, but if you had a way of figuring out mdl ids i'd start tests tomorrow evening and share my results with you. Any method for figuring out IDs come to mind?

Post Merge: February 05, 2014, 10:50:26 PM
    Oh, just one? Maybe i just read the aame guy twice...

I've heard that some of the older versions of BrawlBox could do things that newer ones don't, but other than that I don't really have any ideas.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2103 on: February 05, 2014, 10:55:56 PM »

I've heard that some of the older versions of BrawlBox could do things that newer ones don't, but other than that I don't really have any ideas.

I'll have to look into it. Brawlbox 65 67 68 and 69b haven't been helpful for this so far. I'll snoop around.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2104 on: February 05, 2014, 10:57:19 PM »

have you tried to open it in Brawlbox 0.71?

also, openSA 2 can open the item files and look at some of their actual coding. similar to PSA. idk if you could gather info from that.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2105 on: February 05, 2014, 11:01:28 PM »

have you tried to open it in Brawlbox 0.71?

also, openSA 2 can open the item files and look at some of their actual coding. similar to PSA. idk if you could gather info from that.

OpenSA 2?

Well i'd be more than willing to try. But it'll have to wait until tomorrow. What doesnitbstan for and is there a DL on the vault?

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2106 on: February 06, 2014, 01:19:52 AM »

Won't model swapping with the assist trophies cause them to get corrupted? And by them I mean the assist trophies themselves

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2107 on: February 06, 2014, 01:24:09 AM »

i looked at projectM. they import the ef_file from an enemy called mizui, and an assist called saki. then change the data

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2108 on: February 06, 2014, 04:49:38 AM »

shouldn't there be a thread for brawlEx packs?
    since so many people are making their own builds, it'd be nice to have a dedicated thread for it, and keep this for bug-tracking and problem-solving.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2109 on: February 06, 2014, 06:33:26 AM »

Won't model swapping with the assist trophies cause them to get corrupted? And by them I mean the assist trophies themselves
    [/quote

I was a bit worried about that which is why this made me happy:

i looked at projectM. they import the ef_file from an enemy called mizui, and an assist called saki. then change the data

Clones can't go into SSE. So i can use enemies and mess with them, and then when people want SSE, they just don't load their SD card. Smiley but i still don't know what OpenSA is...

Post Merge: February 06, 2014, 06:46:54 AM
    Accidentally quoted myself up here^

Post Merge: February 06, 2014, 07:02:40 AM
    Well I downloaded ef_mizuo.pac but I can't open it with OpenSA2. But we're closer at the very least.

Post Merge: February 06, 2014, 07:13:24 AM
    Did it again^

Anyway, can't open mizuo in openSA2... But in brawlbox he does have model data...

Post Merge: February 06, 2014, 07:14:00 AM
    ... why is it quoting me?
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 07:14:01 AM by Nebulon » Logged

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2110 on: February 06, 2014, 09:47:13 AM »

I'll have to look into it. Brawlbox 65 67 68 and 69b haven't been helpful for this so far. I'll snoop around.
    Why not try SmashBox?

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2111 on: February 06, 2014, 10:01:43 AM »

Why not try SmashBox?

What's the difference?

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2112 on: February 06, 2014, 10:05:22 AM »

Why not try SmashBox?
    Smash Box is very outdated. Im srs here

What's the difference?
    Smash Box was basically the first version of Brawl Box before Kyral began to improve on it.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2113 on: February 06, 2014, 10:19:07 AM »

Why not try SmashBox?

I'll give that a go after work. Didn't bring laptop today :/

Smash Box is very outdated. Im srs here
    Smash Box was basically the first version of Brawl Box before Kyral began to improve on it.

Hey, at this point i'll try anything. It's not the method that's wrong with the idea, we just nee to figure out how to define the IDs for gfx mdls and effects within assist trophies and SSE enemies.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2114 on: February 06, 2014, 11:14:09 AM »

i think i may be on to something, so yea. don't bother with smashbox, it's not gonna do what you want lol.

openSA 2 can't open the ef files, its the common3 that it can open. if you open that, togle the fighter\item switch, then experiment. you may find something. though im almost positive i've found the answer. if i have i'll make a video tutorial Tongue

Pages:  1 ... 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: