The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

February 10, 2014, 08:25:31 PM #2325 Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:35:58 PM by Eternal Yoshi
Quote from: pichu04 on February 10, 2014, 07:04:11 PM
Im assuming theres going to more ExModule files for the rest of the characters?

We came across a rather nasty snag with making Toon Link's ExModule(This is before we even got to patching articles) so he will have to wait.

I could probably help at some point.

I'm just looking forward for Falcon's module.

^ that'd be awesome. i've gotton to the point where i need to patch articles, but i was waiting on some last info from PW to figure out how to find the places in sora_melee that need to be patched in the Exmodules section[8]. He said most of it is gonna be trial and error with a debugger, by seeing where it crashed then looking where the instruction got it's corrupted value.

i just don't exactly know how to get the file offset in sora_melee's assembly section that needs to be patched, so it doesn't look where the data for the article WOULD be if the character was loading into it's usual slot.

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on February 10, 2014, 08:14:27 PM
Hold off... did you compile 64-bit? :>.>:

nah i compiled for all CPU's, but windows xp doesn't like to play nice. i basically need to retarget it for 4.0 client framework, and if that doesn't work, then use the .net 4.0 client framework

Quote from: Not Kratos on February 10, 2014, 08:59:06 PM
I'm just looking forward for Falcon's module.

i actually have a captain module, with the articles patched thanks to PW. but he has some WEIIIRRRDD glitches that he said he would need to look at with wiird.

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on February 10, 2014, 09:02:22 PM
i actually have a captain module, with the articles patched thanks to PW. but he has some WEIIIRRRDD glitches that he said he would need to look at with wiird.
Aw man... I didn't think Falcon would have anything weird.

his rapid jab gets stuck in an infinite loop where you can still pause and quit, so the game doesn't freeze. same thing with shielding. and then when he dies he becomes non responsive, and wont come off the platform. but again you can pause and quit. and then some other wierd things like when he uses aerial side-b, he does some strange spin in the air before coming down.

Because I really don't want to go through 150+ pages, I figured I'd just ask. I put common2 and bx_fighter in their respective folders, but I'm still getting the random slots. Anyone know what's goin on?

Quote from: The Game on February 10, 2014, 10:58:43 PM
Because I really don't want to go through 150+ pages, I figured I'd just ask. I put common2 and bx_fighter in their respective folders, but I'm still getting the random slots. Anyone know what's goin on?
Is your Gecko hooktype Axnextframe?
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: leondanny56 on February 10, 2014, 07:28:25 AM
i mad a post a few pages earlyer about how my orignal captain falcon would freeze whenever i would use it with the clone engine and then later i made a post saying i found what code was causing it to freeze and that it was the Replacement SoundBank Engine v1.20 code that was causing the problem but i seems i was wrong because later i tried adding the code back in and this time i checked to see if i had a .sawnd file over captain falcon in my sfx flolder and yep sure enough there was one on captain falcon from when i had goku on him seems i forgot to remove it from when i took goku off captain falcon. so i tried removing the .sawnd file and like i said earlyer i added back the replacement soundbank engine v1.20 code back as well as adding back all of my codes from the earlyer post of mine and guess what, captain falcon worked just fine same with all my other characters it turns out it was just that .sawnd file that was causing the problem, the only reason before when i removed the replacement soundbank engine v1.20 the game stoped freezing is because after i deleted it there was no longer any code telling it to load up the .sawnd file. so you see now everything is working fine and don't worry the replacement soundbank engine v1.20 code works fine it was just my .sawnd file causing problems.
iknewedthatthewholetimebutiwantedtoseeifyoucouldfigureitoutyourself.Probablyyoursawndfileistobiginfilesize.

February 10, 2014, 11:57:55 PM #2334 Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 03:10:31 AM by Rockman
Sorry for bringing this up, I believe this issue was addressed but I can't find it through the pages since there are about 150.

I followed the tutorials on the First page of the Thread for the Cosmetics, Custom Portraits for Characters, I think I set them up correctly, though when I select Brawl this is what I see for the Custom Portrait.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


When I select the Character, Young Link's portrait works, though I just noticed he has Sonics Franchise icon, I gave him a custom icon, I put it before Sonics, it also states him as Random. When I add a CPU it crashes.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Though when a CPU is already present and I add in Young Link as a player, I can select a stage, but once it enters the stage this comes up resulting in a freeze with that annoying beeping noise.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It says PikachuEx because I was experimenting, I don't know how big and or small these pictures need to be according to size and width, etc. I think I really [censored]ed up something, I am guessing file placement, if anyone would like to assist me I would appreciate it a lot! I am using a Wii U to run, Gecko hooktype Axnextframe, the Cloned Character worked before I set all these icons up.


February 11, 2014, 12:09:12 AM #2335 Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 12:36:45 AM by Jasgx
umm i get the random icon glitch please help
i have it at axnextframe in config usb loader

Post Merge: February 11, 2014, 12:36:45 AM

now its freezing right when i click brawl :oshi:

For those wanting more characters past 50 i recommend using Don Jon BravoEx's File patch update.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=51912.0

I tried it with brawlex and it worked perfectly from what i experienced so far. This would give us a total of 100 characters.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


I was using that and I wanted the extra sfx folder.

@Don Jon Bravo can you change the button combo on one of them so we can use both at the same time?

I belive both are - and A on wiichuck...

February 11, 2014, 01:20:48 AM #2338 Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 01:42:22 AM by ToadKart
Quote from: ShadowSnake on February 11, 2014, 12:53:01 AM
For those wanting more characters past 50 i recommend using Don Jon BravoEx's File patch update.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=51912.0

I tried it with brawlex and it worked perfectly from what i experienced so far. This would give us a total of 100 characters.

What did you do to get those to work together? Did you just use the 3.5.3 upgrader code and the FPC needed for Brawl Ex or did you have to edit one of the codes?

Quote from: ToadKart on February 11, 2014, 01:20:48 AM
What did you do to get those to work together? Did you just use the 3.5.3 upgrader code and the FPC needed for Brawl Ex or did you have to edit one of the codes?

Just use both codes and put the other files in RSB4/pf/

The wii remote combo works perfectly, for some reason the gamecube controller combo hasn't been working to well for me (maybe because i have wireless controller.)

It even allows you to use that character in single player modes like SSE.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.