The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Carnage on February 24, 2014, 06:09:29 PM
you can modify fighters.data and just put no on the result data, and nope ness is not clonable at all
Ness can't be cloned, but some of his PSAs will work with a Lucas rel. Everything else is from Ness.  Mega Man and Avatar Ness both work with Lucas rels, possibly others but those are the only ones I tried.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: Carnage on February 24, 2014, 06:09:29 PM
you can modify fighters.data and just put no on the result data, and nope ness is not clonable at all

Quote from: ShinF on February 24, 2014, 06:12:09 PM
Ness can't be cloned, but some of his PSAs will work with a Lucas rel. Everything else is from Ness.  Mega Man and Avatar Ness both work with Lucas rels, possibly others but those are the only ones I tried.
Okay thanks for the info.

Quick question: Say I have a few Lucas psas I want to use, can I still place a psa over the original Lucas, like say, Scott Pilgrim, so that I can have his no tether code active?
You Never Know!

Quote from: zutox on February 24, 2014, 06:57:48 PM
Quick question: Say I have a few Lucas psas I want to use, can I still place a psa over the original Lucas, like say, Scott Pilgrim, so that I can have his no tether code active?
You could, but you don't need the no tether code. In the fighter config when setting up the Clone, just set his 'CanZAir' property to False, and you won't have to have the code and you can still keep Lucas and have Scott as well.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Is it normal for the random button to not choose any of the cloned characters? i mean ive played many matches with three CPU's on random and not one ever was chosen to be a clone

Quote from: Kerafyrm Six on February 24, 2014, 08:33:33 PM
Is it normal for the random button to not choose any of the cloned characters? i mean ive played many matches with three CPU's on random and not one ever was chosen to be a clone
thats because you have to edit the random aswhell on the css.data or else clones wont ever be choosen
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ah and that would be the Random code i saw while back in this post huh
Okay thanks you greatly

Quote from: Kerafyrm Six on February 24, 2014, 09:34:45 PM
Ah and that would be the Random code i saw while back in this post huh
Okay thanks you greatly

He means editing the CSSRoster.dat so that the Random includes those slots as well. You have to modify both by toggling between the buttons when you open it in the Config Editor thingy.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: ShinF on February 24, 2014, 06:12:09 PM
Ness can't be cloned, but some of his PSAs will work with a Lucas rel. Everything else is from Ness.  Mega Man and Avatar Ness both work with Lucas rels, possibly others but those are the only ones I tried.

I even have to use Ness config templates right?

Quote from: shadowXtreme on February 24, 2014, 10:03:59 PM
I even have to use Ness config templates right?
I don't know if you have to, but that's what I did so I would recommend it, yes.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on February 24, 2014, 10:08:26 PM
I don't know if you have to, but that's what I did so I would recommend it, yes.

I confirmed it, I used lucas templates, and all ness files, renaming them to lucasex of course, and lucas rel, and brawl ended freezing when it tried to load the match, so I think that Ness templates are needed -_-

Quote from: shadowXtreme on February 24, 2014, 10:30:37 PM
I confirmed it, I used lucas templates, and all ness files, renaming them to lucasex of course, and lucas rel, and brawl ended freezing when it tried to load the match, so I think that Ness templates are needed -_-
nope they arent  when i putted megaman all the brawlex files were actualy lucas , since i was testing megaman over lucas clone scott pilgrim on nebulon pack, theres no ness file references needed.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

February 24, 2014, 11:20:53 PM #3162 Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 11:44:59 PM by Lordshadow
I have flipped off everything not necessary to run this code. I have deleted every common# from my SD card. The only thing I think could possibly be the source of why ZSS, Shiek, and the Pokemon are showing up on my CSS is the "Minus Character Selection Screen" code. I've done step by step what he did while editing the GCT in the video on the Brawl- How to, and yet they're still there, the pokes and the expanded characters sitting as Random blocks. Can someone please take a look at this code and tell me what I've done or tell me otherwise what obvious thing I've screwed up? The only codes I have on are Character ID Fix 2.1, File Patch Code (In the BrawlEx readme), Disable Custom Stages, and this.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Edit: Addendum: I tried turning this code off and, yes, ZSS, Shiek, and Pokes disappeared, but obviously, so did the BrawlEx characters I was attempting to add.

Quote from: Lordshadow on February 24, 2014, 11:20:53 PM
I have flipped off everything not necessary to run this code. I have deleted every common# from my SD card. The only thing I think could possibly be the source of why ZSS, Shiek, and the Pokemon are showing up on my CSS is the "Minus Character Selection Screen" code. I've done step by step what he did while editing the GCT in the video on the Brawl- How to, and yet they're still there, the pokes and the expanded characters sitting as Random blocks. Can someone please take a look at this code and tell me what I've done or tell me otherwise what obvious thing I've screwed up? The only codes I have on are Character ID Fix 2.1, File Patch Code (In the BrawlEx readme), Disable Custom Stages, and this.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Edit: Addendum: I tried turning this code off and, yes, ZSS, Shiek, and Pokes disappeared, but obviously, so did the BrawlEx characters I was attempting to add.

Hello

Sorry if the code was a little confusing in my video. The character ID's for the pokemon are 5d 5e 5c in the minus gct. you will have to remove the characters id's and subtract the character count by 3 to remove the pokemon. i don't quite have the zelda and shiek codes on hand at the moment, but incidentally, you could just replace the minus CSS screen with the Default custom CSS.

you could also just use the CSS expansion for BrawlEx, in which case you don't need the CSS code at all. hope this helped a bit. there's a readme with brawlEx inside of the modules folder, and if you scroll down to the bottom, you will see the characters ID's. if you want to remove a character, you simply gotta find that ID in the CSS code and remove it, while subtracting the character count

According to the list in the OP ID 28 is used for nothing, so I'm going to see if it's possible to use.

Can anyone confirm that it's actually nothing? As in it's not a Warioman or a Giga or anything?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822