The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

After taking a look at what's available for Captain Falcon, A module for him would certainly be nice :D

Quote from: Kerafyrm Six on February 25, 2014, 06:37:00 AM
Sammi, is there a way to still add a Ganon clone without using your tool and keeping it passed 50 icons or do i needa wait till yourve added them to the create list?

You don't have to use the tool to add clones. I do it manually all the time. Basically you set up and move the files over the same way you normally would in the original tutorial videos, then edit the CSSRoster.dat.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Yeah i added the clones in without the tool till i got stuck on 50 icons, what i meant was will added a new one without the tool get me stuck again or what?

manually im guessing (to keep the tool up to date with my characters) id have to actually go in the roster.dat and add the id's and add the config files in the right folders. so the next time i reload Sammi's tool it counts the newly added ones.

Am i right? i mean id hate to mess something up and have to restart :p

February 25, 2014, 07:09:49 AM #3198 Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 07:22:47 AM by PhantomWings
Quote from: Sammi Husky on February 25, 2014, 06:34:02 AM
ID 63 translates into 99 in hex. meaning in the game (in addition to the games default roster, you can have up to 99 characters) iirc you can use any ID in the game that is hex and not already used. like 6A for example. you just can't have more then 99 characters as the character count

The total count is actually 100 - you forgot to count id 0. :)

Also, the id that you use does matter. The config tables inside bx_fighter.rel only go up to 100 entries. So if you were configure an id such as 6A, you would be writing to invalid data. Incidentally, bx_fighter.rel does not load config files above id 63.

Anyways, I think if you were to add the regular CSS roster (36) plus the independent pokémon, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus (5) plus the ExSlots (37) plus the Alloys, Gigabowser, and Warioman (6), you'd have a total of 84 characters (for a 14x6 CSS roster). You could probably mine an additional 12 by using the boss slots and MarioD for a total of 96 (12x8 CSS roster), but going beyond that will have to wait until the BrawlEx CE v2.

Quote from: PhantomWings on February 25, 2014, 07:09:49 AM
The total count is actually 100 - you forgot to count id 0. :)

Also, the id that you use does matter. The config tables inside bx_fighter.rel only go up to 100 entries. So if you were configure an id such as 6A, you would be writing to invalid data. Incidentally, bx_fighter.rel does not load config files above id 63.

Anyways, I think if you were to add the regular CSS roster (36) plus the independent pokémon, Sheik and Zero Suit Samus (5) plus the ExSlots (37) plus the Alloys, Gigabowser, and Warioman (6), you'd have a total of 84 characters (for a 14x6 CSS roster). Going beyond that will have to wait until the BrawlEx CE v2.

ohhh so the actual ID itself does matter? i knew the tables in bx_fighter only had enough entries for 100, but i had no idea that the actual id itself was factored into the tables. i thought the ID was stored in a variable somewhere after being loaded by BrawlEx :P

that makes sense though, since sometimes if you configure then wrong, in dolphin log you see 'bx_fighter3f.rel' as the name of the module it looks for. Regardless, a 14x6 roster is plenty lol. just a few months ago, we only had what brawl offered us, now we can have up to 100 characters. it's still quite amazing :)

Most of the psas are already on other characters. I don't count those kind. Like Scorpion Negative Zero and Simon Belmont are clearly made for Link if it mentions about the grab issue. Gohan Steve and Skull Kid are probally the only psas that're original for Toon Link.

Quote from: Brstmguy on February 25, 2014, 07:42:01 AM
Most of the psas are already on other characters. I don't count those kind. Like Scorpion Negative Zero and Simon Belmont are clearly made for Link if it mentions about the grab issue. Gohan Steve and Skull Kid are probally the only psas that're original for Toon Link.
Simon was made for Toon Link.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

It says so but I'm pretty sure it's using Link's bones.

Or it could be a custom boneset.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

If that's the case it still can't be used it's not complete in animations and final smash

yeah it would be interesting if in the future we could get transforming characters brawlex modules that worked without transforming psas like dark samus,groudon,petey piranha and so on but that will probably require a huge ammount of rebuild to separate the modules an still make them work sammy so far the bralwex modules that have more psas left to port are

CF
TL
ness

Ppl saying rob he only has 2  worthy psas imo.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

wait can we use the clones in subspace emissary mode
Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Surprised we haven't gotten luigi's module yet, considering he has a few interesting psas particularly that bomberman one, also the olimar ex module has some bugs where his down b causes pikmin to freeze and when they try to go from leaf to bud or flower they freeze the game.



Click The Logo To Find Out More
Click the Link To Download Now
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

so, does anyone have the information about the CSSslot.dat on the 0x20 string? about what color is load from pac file? I know I have seen it but I cant find it again D:
Stupid Tinypic :C

I have a question about the recolors number, i saw how to add more than 6 recolors, but how do I edit the CSSConfig file on he editor to make the character have just 4 recolors? (I already edited the fighterconfig)