The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: robintjuh on March 15, 2014, 05:21:12 PM
i thought not the one on the stage selection screen but only the one on the result screen
He did did a tutorial on the Result Screen :P

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04


Quote from: robintjuh on March 15, 2014, 05:21:12 PM
i thought not the one on the stage selection screen but only the one on the result screen

But doing it on the SSS is the same thing, just with sc_selmap.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

You should most definitely write a tutorial for the stock faces, reason being, i never got them to work..The closest i got, it replaced all stock icons on the screen with mario's. So tutorial is very welcome!

Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.


Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 15, 2014, 06:34:12 PM
How rude man.
yea
sorry
maybe i should save that one for the next person that asks if Project M is compatible with BrawlEx

on a side note
havent had much luck with the alternate sound code
sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt
and dolphin is not being nice to me to continue working on it

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on March 15, 2014, 08:56:57 PM
yea
sorry
maybe i should save that one for the next person that asks if Project M is compatible with BrawlEx

on a side note
havent had much luck with the alternate sound code
sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt
and dolphin is not being nice to me to continue working on it

Oh c'mon. :(
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Hi. I followed Sammi's graphics tutorials and I got everything working right. However I still can't figure out why the Results stage keeps crashing (just black with the annoying beep sound, as I'm sure we're all familiar with.)

I think it's because of the Mark/franchise icon, because normally you have to edit the Animation Pattern thing for everything else but Sammi didn't do it for the Mark. I'm wondering what I can do to fix the crashing?

(Sorry, if this should be in the Help forum, move it there if so.)

Quote from: Kaylie on March 15, 2014, 11:01:01 PM
Hi. I followed Sammi's graphics tutorials and I got everything working right. However I still can't figure out why the Results stage keeps crashing (just black with the annoying beep sound, as I'm sure we're all familiar with.)

I think it's because of the Mark/franchise icon, because normally you have to edit the Animation Pattern thing for everything else but Sammi didn't do it for the Mark. I'm wondering what I can do to fix the crashing?

(Sorry, if this should be in the Help forum, move it there if so.)
If you're using custom Franchise Marks, then that's your problem.
Or it's because you're missing  your "CloneNameResult.pac"

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: Xero874 on March 15, 2014, 11:14:51 PM
If you're using custom Franchise Marks, then that's your problem.
Yeah, it is a custom mark. It's a clone of Mario but I used a different icon for the clone on the results. I'm fine with not importing the custom mark, but apparently I need it for the results not to freeze (if I'm understanding Sammi's tutorial correctly.)

Quote from: Xero874 on March 15, 2014, 11:14:51 PM
Or it's because you're missing  your "CloneNameResult.pac"
Though my clone was working just fine without the cosmetics, it didn't freeze the results stage. I didn't know there was a file for individual clone results, though?

Quote from: ShinF on March 15, 2014, 04:09:18 PM
I don't think that's his problem. Since the icon shows up, that implies that the game is reading the CSSRoster.dat file. It's just BrawlEx that's not running properly.

Although yeah, he would need that code if he was using SDHC.

You were right, if I used the code it really didn't change anything. My plan now is to just download someone else's pack and then put my characters in with custom CSS icons.
Working on my BrawlEx Pack now!

Quote from: Kaylie on March 16, 2014, 12:08:09 AM
Yeah, it is a custom mark. It's a clone of Mario but I used a different icon for the clone on the results. I'm fine with not importing the custom mark, but apparently I need it for the results not to freeze (if I'm understanding Sammi's tutorial correctly.)

It's not required to have a custom mark. You can do without that as long as you don't change the Franchise icon ID inside the config file. The icon could be the cause, or it could be that you don't have any results screen portraits for your character. If you hadn't set one up for the character, you may want to re-watch the tut for when i added the RSP.

If you dont have custom result screen portraits, you can always use my generic one and it'll fix any freezing caused by that (and save you the trouble of making tons if you dont want to)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=202684

V. 1.00

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 22, 2014, 02:24:21 AM
Alternate Sound Loader By Mr.MW


And here are the codes

+$alternate sound loader by Mr.MW
284DE4B0 00000C80
045A7D30 2F736678
CC000000 00000001
045A7D30 2F736632
E0000000 80008000
284F7880 00001800
045A7D30 2F736678
CC000000 00000001
045A7D30 2F736632
E0000000 80008000


This code is activated by button combinations that are never used in gameplay:
Wiimote/Wiimote+nunchuck use "-" + "A"
Gamecube controller use "X" + "Y"

Make a folder named sf2 inside your pf folder


Place your sawnd files for your clones in it
They need to be named as normal

So before u choose ur clone, activate the code.  YOur clone's sfx directory will than be swapped to sf2 loading files from there.

To play sfx from one folder vs the second one, example Wolf vs Vegeta,
choose Wolf first
go to stage selection screen
go back to Character Selection Screen
Do not unchoose Wolf(this makes it so that Wolf already loaded sfx from the first folder)
Now activate code
Choose Vegeta
go to stage
and finally to game
You should now have Wolf with his normal sfx, vs Vegeta with sfx from sf2.

Dolphin Users, you need to do a lot of clear caching when fighting same based characters...

I can't make this to work.
Goku still sounds like Pit.
As well as Shadow, he still sounds like Sonic.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.