Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2847579 times)
HaloFanODST
Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4395 on: March 22, 2014, 10:18:09 PM »

If we are able to modify the SSE or to take the enemies out of there, then we'll be moding SSBB just like Halo Custom Edition.

You know, create a map, and add the AI wherever we want.

The great difference is, BRAWL!

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

justadood
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4396 on: March 22, 2014, 10:41:55 PM »

i guess first stage this could work awesomely for is mushroomy kingdom Cheesy
    and then eventually boss stages?

I'M JUST A DOOD

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4397 on: March 23, 2014, 06:31:20 AM »

So, I have Knuckles and Shadow in my roster, both using a Sonic rel and config files. However, they seem to share certain things they aren't supposed to. For instance, Shadow's shadow spheres and gfx are now Knuckles; a la, one of Shadow's gfx is a boulder, possibly from Knuckles' gfx.

Is this normal, and that we have to wait for a fix? Or can I go fix it now?
    It sometimes crashes when the two fight in a match.

Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
    Updated 1/18

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4398 on: March 23, 2014, 08:07:07 AM »

So, I have Knuckles and Shadow in my roster, both using a Sonic rel and config files. However, they seem to share certain things they aren't supposed to. For instance, Shadow's shadow spheres and gfx are now Knuckles; a la, one of Shadow's gfx is a boulder, possibly from Knuckles' gfx.

Is this normal, and that we have to wait for a fix? Or can I go fix it now?
    It sometimes crashes when the two fight in a match.
    its normal becuase they have the same effect file so which effect file gets loaded first the game doesnt load another one

you can fix it in severeal diferent ways but you must know how to use psa to change ids and such

this gfx glitch has existed since rel ports dont know why you were surprised at all.

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

« Reply #4399 on: March 23, 2014, 09:04:49 AM »

its normal becuase they have the same effect file so which effect file gets loaded first the game doesnt load another one

you can fix it in severeal diferent ways but you must know how to use psa to change ids and such

this gfx glitch has existed since rel ports dont know why you were surprised at all.
    Haha, possibly when I left, this occurred, so I never knew about it. So basically, in PSA, the GFX that Shadow and Knuckles call for is the same ID, and if I change the ID of one of them, it won't conflict and use the same one? If so, the question now birthed is "What do I change the NEW ID to?"

Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
    Updated 1/18

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4400 on: March 23, 2014, 09:26:29 AM »

Haha, possibly when I left, this occurred, so I never knew about it. So basically, in PSA, the GFX that Shadow and Knuckles call for is the same ID, and if I change the ID of one of them, it won't conflict and use the same one? If so, the question now birthed is "What do I change the NEW ID to?"

http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Effect.pac_IDs
    first you need to know how to use the psa program to change the ids and then you can use any assist trophy or enemy effect file id for instance
    lets say you want shadow to actually use shadows assist trophy effect id, you open fitshadow.pac in bb and see the effect file? you expand and then you will see something like

ef_sonic
    miscdata0
    sonic(reff)
    sonic(reft)

you will rename this to shadows like he has on his assist trophy which will be
    ef_shadow
    miscdata0(dont touch)
    shadow(reff)
    shadow(reft)

and save on i advise using bb 71 since it doesnt have moveset editor since most old movesets cant be saved in bb with moveset editor(65-67)

now you open the psa program and load the fitshadow.pac with the renamed files, now on the link abode you can see sonic id in hex is 30 and shadow hex id is CC, now in the psa you go trough all the subactions and whenere you see an externalg gfx with something like this File=30... you open it and chancge lets say 00300015, first 4 digits are the file and the last 4 are the gfx id of that file you change it to 00CC0015 but only on the gfxs that have the file 30 thhe ones that have file0 and such you dont need to change since they are commong gfx

this takes abit unless you know where all the subactions that use gfx are but in time you will learn better.

pinipigbomb
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4401 on: March 23, 2014, 10:38:58 AM »

*Fist pump of success* I got the clone engine working. However, is there a less-tedious way to add cosmetic data (CSP's, BP's, etc.)? And do I need to add EVERYTHING from the CSS icons to the battle portraits? I found a code on the vault that turns BP's off, by the way.
    « Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:50:20 AM by pinipigbomb » Logged

Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #4402 on: March 23, 2014, 10:49:45 AM »

Well, the costumes will need those small portraits or the game will freeze when entering a stage.

As for "everything," the minimum you'll need are portraits, the CSS icon, the CSS icon name, the CSP name, the in-game name, and BP's. You can edit it so that your fighter uses an existing franchise icon (eg. adding a Mewtwo slot and giving him the Pokemon franchise icon).

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4403 on: March 23, 2014, 10:50:45 AM »

*Fist pump of success* I got the clone engine working. However, is there a less-tedious way to add cosmetic data (CSP's, BP's, etc.)? And do I need to add EVERYTHING from the CSS icons to the battle portraits? I have a code that turns BP's off, by the way.
    no theres no simpler way so far for cosmetics its that way or no way right now :S which is really boring to do.

pinipigbomb
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4404 on: March 23, 2014, 10:54:34 AM »

Well, the costumes will need those small portraits or the game will freeze when entering a stage.

As for "everything," the minimum you'll need are portraits, the CSS icon, the CSS icon name, the CSP name, the in-game name, and BP's. You can edit it so that your fighter uses an existing franchise icon (eg. adding a Mewtwo slot and giving him the Pokemon franchise icon).

Alright. What about all the model data shown in the tutorial? Not sure I understand what all that is for. Also, I can't reorganize the CSS at all?
    « Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 11:06:48 AM by pinipigbomb » Logged

Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

MeleeMaster500
    Mega Kitten

The coffin has opened

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4405 on: March 23, 2014, 11:26:51 AM »

you could always use my generic battle and victory portraits if you dont care about the specific character:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=202777
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=202684

V. 1.00

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4406 on: March 23, 2014, 11:29:21 AM »

you could always use my generic battle and victory portraits if you dont care about the specific character:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=202777
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=202684

These are very useful, and it's very easy and far less time-consuming to use these and then change them with the Costume Manager than it is to make them from scratch.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4407 on: March 23, 2014, 11:34:07 AM »

Alright. What about all the model data shown in the tutorial? Not sure I understand what all that is for. Also, I can't reorganize the CSS at all?
    u can change the order using the tool u used to add clones to the cssroster.dat
    just erase and rename ids on the chart using the tool and save
    its really easy

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4408 on: March 23, 2014, 11:36:36 AM »

The custom cosmetics aren't absolutely necessary to have the engine work, however, if you choose to have custom cosmetics for the clones, it's quite a lengthy process. hence why my video tutorial was close to 25 mins long. The model data i was messing with was actually the texture animations. it controls what pictures are shown where on a model. These steps are necessary to add new CSP's, franchise icons, and CSS icons.

As for re-organizing the CSS. you can change the order with just the config editor. But if your referring to the CSS organizer that allows you to move them around the screen, the only way to accomplish that now is to either open the 3d model for the CSS (MenSelchr_pos) and load the animation for it (MenSelchr_pos_topN) and go to the frame of how many characters you have on the CSS. Then drag those bones around to change where the icon will be in game. though this is quite tedious since the actual icon are not there. The only other way to do it is to open the animation and change the coordinates manually. which is even more tedious then the last process.

SmashKing64
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

« Reply #4409 on: March 23, 2014, 11:58:06 AM »

Guys heres 30 project m codes u might want to use sometime
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/smga8khtumoag0h/Project+M+Codes.txt
    Thank Sirkura for 21 of those codes

Pages:  1 ... 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: