The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Thanks guys, for telling me on how to use the programs on Linux! :)

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: MeleeMaster500 on March 27, 2014, 06:18:34 PM
yeah his module appears to be key. HOWEVER, this megaman x does work, and doesnt have the freefall glitch the other does. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29577

anyways, I'm finished my updated pack, it should have no known freezes. if you've downloaded the old one, delete it from your sd and replace it with the new one in my banner

CHANGELOG:
V.1.00
-added alloys raising total characters to 39 out of possible 43 (2 more EX slots and giga bowser and wario man)
-disabled gray fox (now klonoa) and slot 58
-fixed all known freezes(pichu, megaman, megamanx, knuckles, and stages)
-as such, pichu has no motion.pac file (still looks fine, down B is different tho), megamanx and knuckles have different movesets(at least they work)
-fixed random to select from everyone
-added classic stage expansion pack and arwing loading screen
-reorganized the css by franchise kinda
-fixed battle portraits, stages, victory screen names, file names
-added full credits
-added a bunch of alt costumes (mainly recolors) (not for every slot tho)
-added sdhc, unlimited camera, and costume reorganize code
so are the alloys working properly now?
do they have their own css slot, and csp's?
are there 5 costumes per alloy?

March 28, 2014, 01:42:18 AM #4577 Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 02:21:05 AM by MeleeMaster500
yepyepMAYBE, you just have to link them properly (i somehow messed up with their tile portait, order, so i made all their tiles look the same). but yeah, their own slots and about 6 costumes. I couldnt find any good psas for them which didnt crash (and all their psas have their limitations of not picking up stuff or grabbing ledges ect...)

EDIT: i haven't actually tried different costumes. I just assumed my slots worked and loaded per pac/pcs files you had for alloys... cause idk if alloys are special and can only have one costume or something like g&w

also, slot 58 keeps not working for me (i construct my packs using sammi husky's tool) for all the packs i've made so far. anyone else having trouble with this slot?

(it crashes upon selecting the character, modules should be fine.)

V. 1.00

Quote from: Xero874 on March 27, 2014, 09:48:06 PM
Thanks guys, for telling me on how to use the programs on Linux! :)
:kirby: Good luck, have fun.

Quote from: MeleeMaster500 on March 28, 2014, 01:42:18 AM
yepyepyep, you just have to link them properly (i somehow messed up with their tile portait, order, so i made all their tiles look the same). but yeah, their own slots and about 6 costumes. I couldnt find any good psas for them which didnt crash (and all their psas have their limitations of not picking up stuff or grabbing ledges ect...)

also, slot 58 keeps not working for me (i construct my packs using sammi husky's tool) for all the packs i've made so far. anyone else having trouble with this slot?

(it crashes upon selecting the character, modules should be fine.)

Slot 58 not working is just a current limitation. I'm hoping that as a tiny update PW will descend from space and give us a fix lol.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: MeleeMaster500 on March 28, 2014, 01:42:18 AM
yepyepMAYBE, you just have to link them properly (i somehow messed up with their tile portait, order, so i made all their tiles look the same). but yeah, their own slots and about 6 costumes. I couldnt find any good psas for them which didnt crash (and all their psas have their limitations of not picking up stuff or grabbing ledges ect...)

EDIT: i haven't actually tried different costumes. I just assumed my slots worked and loaded per pac/pcs files you had for alloys... cause idk if alloys are special and can only have one costume or something like g&w

also, slot 58 keeps not working for me (i construct my packs using sammi husky's tool) for all the packs i've made so far. anyone else having trouble with this slot?

(it crashes upon selecting the character, modules should be fine.)
cool
have u tried using my giga bowser hack
idk if it works since it is based on the css code
it would give u more character though

I'll try it, thanks! I guess that means the max is 42 total slots (including alloys giga and warioman if wario man is an option too lol). with 39 characters the total fighter slots used is 80 (counting separate zsamus, sheik and pokemon), so an 83 character brawl is a pretty good stepping stone.

now if only we got that 7 player brawl code....

JK Phantom Wings, thanks for all you've done!

V. 1.00

I know to add SFX I'm supposed to replace the soundbank of a boss and then change the soundbank that the clone reads, but can anyone tell me how to do this?
Working on my BrawlEx Pack now!

Question
How do I add the Megaman clone to my brawl ex when it has no rel
The megaman clone is the one nebulon and shinf made

Quote from: MachWindEX on March 28, 2014, 03:42:33 AM
Question
How do I add the Megaman clone to my brawl ex when it has no rel
The megaman clone is the one nebulon and shinf made

Use Lucas' .rel.

It's not perfect, but it'll get you by 'till the Ness .rel is done.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

March 28, 2014, 03:44:43 AM #4585 Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 03:46:08 AM by MachWindEX
Thx

Post Merge: March 28, 2014, 03:46:08 AM

Tomorrow is gunna be a long day of code testing and cloning for me

Quote from: superstarfy64 on March 28, 2014, 03:40:32 AM
I know to add SFX I'm supposed to replace the soundbank of a boss and then change the soundbank that the clone reads, but can anyone tell me how to do this?

Open the Fighter.dat file of the character.
Scroll down until you find the Soundbank part.
There, change the Soundbank ID to the one of the boss.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.


Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

March 28, 2014, 03:59:26 AM #4589 Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 04:01:55 AM by MachWindEX
For soundbank of megaman

Post Merge: March 28, 2014, 04:00:57 AM

Oh it's 139
So 0x00000139 for soundbank id

Post Merge: March 28, 2014, 04:01:55 AM

Then rename ft_lucas.rel to ft_ness.rel in module