The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Can't wait for more ExModules. I have other PSAs that are crying out for their own slots on my roster. lol

In all seriousness, though, I LOVE playing with BrawlEx. Making the roster a huge mofo is fun, and the variety possible is astounding. :) I also can't wait for a more user-friendly way to ADD custom cosmetics. Going to show BrawlEx to my friends next time I meet with them, haha.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on April 07, 2014, 08:45:08 PM
I also can't wait for a more user-friendly way to ADD custom cosmetics.
Speaking of this, have you made any more progress on your program, Sammi?

I don't really keep up with this thread very much, since all I expect are bug reports.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

How come it's, whenever I change a Clone's announcer call ID, and try to listen to it. It doesn't play any noise? I opened the Smashbros_sound.bsar in brawlbox and converted the InfoIndex into hex, but it doesn't play a noise. I'm not even trying to replace any sounds ATM. Just seeing if the sounds would load :I
Am I missing something?

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

This only works on real hardware right, and not on the ISO I dumped from the disc to use with Dolphin? (It's how I test all my hacks)... Any way it could be done?

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 07, 2014, 11:48:48 PM
This only works on real hardware right, and not on the ISO I dumped from the disc to use with Dolphin? (It's how I test all my hacks)... Any way it could be done?
dolphin has sd card emulator just use that and it works perfectly
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: KingEvilpuff on April 07, 2014, 09:09:41 PM
Speaking of this, have you made any more progress on your program, Sammi?

I don't really keep up with this thread very much, since all I expect are bug reports.
correction.
expect noob mistakes
seewhatididthere

Quote from: Xero874 on April 07, 2014, 11:07:20 PM
How come it's, whenever I change a Clone's announcer call ID, and try to listen to it. It doesn't play any noise? I opened the Smashbros_sound.bsar in brawlbox and converted the InfoIndex into hex, but it doesn't play a noise. I'm not even trying to replace any sounds ATM. Just seeing if the sounds would load :I
Am I missing something?
Make sure you replace a sound that is loaded via the menu.
I tried replacing an enemy's sounds with announcer calls and got silence.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: LCCoolJ95 on April 07, 2014, 06:17:13 PM
Wow...I feel old lol. Thanks :)
Believe it or not, the CSS Expansion happened rather recently. No big. ;)
Something remixed this way comes...

April 08, 2014, 12:41:48 AM #4778 Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:50:43 AM by MeleeMaster500
Hey, anyone wanna make their Brawlex pack PM compatible? Add this patch:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203111

but be careful not to override what you want separate. this will override the following with project m stuff instead:
-Stages
-stage selection screen
-strap/loader other menus/intro vid
-codes
-results screen
-all standard character movesets
-some characters' costumes (whichever ones PM overrides)
-some in-game portraits
-some result screen portraits

What this WILL NOT override:
-character selection screen (sorry, it's not just something you can override. You'll have to make it yourself/combine with PM's)
-brawlex characters and their modules
-character costume portraits
-all non-overridden costumes/portraits
-Roy or Mewtwo (if you want a brawlEX compatible mewtwo, download a beta of PM unbound and copy mewtwo's folder)

You will have to edit the character selection screen file to also make characters like dr mario's alt mario costume available

V. 1.00

Quote from: Segtendo on April 08, 2014, 12:15:04 AM
Make sure you replace a sound that is loaded via the menu.
I tried replacing an enemy's sounds with announcer calls and got silence.
Were can I find unused Menu noises?

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

You need to use menu sounds that ARE used, but you possibly won't hear. Example, I replaced some sounds that are loaded for the Wi-fi menu.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Never mind, found a whole bunch. But on the bright side. I FINALLY GOT CUSTOM ANNOUNCER VOICES WORKING! :)
Now I just need to get clone custom sounds :\

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: MeleeMaster500 on April 08, 2014, 12:41:48 AM
Hey, anyone wanna make their Brawlex pack PM compatible? Add this patch:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203111

but be careful not to override what you want separate. this will override the following with project m stuff instead:
-Stages
-stage selection screen
-strap/loader other menus/intro vid
-codes
-results screen
-all standard character movesets
-some characters' costumes (whichever ones PM overrides)
-some in-game portraits
-some result screen portraits

What this WILL NOT override:
-character selection screen (sorry, it's not just something you can override. You'll have to make it yourself/combine with PM's)
-brawlex characters and their modules
-character costume portraits
-all non-overridden costumes/portraits
-Roy or Mewtwo (if you want a brawlEX compatible mewtwo, download a beta of PM unbound and copy mewtwo's folder)

You will have to edit the character selection screen file to also make characters like dr mario's alt mario costume available

Can you please show a video of it working?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

So that PM Brawl Ex thing MeleeMaster does it use PM Mewtwo like can he float?

April 08, 2014, 03:32:15 AM #4784 Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 03:35:59 AM by MeleeMaster500
Quote from: HaloFanODST on April 08, 2014, 02:53:27 AM
Can you please show a video of it working?

I don't have enough time at the moment, but I intend to. If you want to look at it a different way, the pack contains all PM files and cosmetics outside of the character select screen and the codes used for PM minus the css stuff.

I've gotten pretty used to making brawlex packs, that I realized theres not too many things that have to be specific to add the characters. In fact, my pack edited with PM (http://www.mediafire.com/download/vkxbwgagivois26/MeleeMastersMegaMovesetMixV1.1[PM].zip) contains less glitches when trying to start up than it has before, prolly cause i'm sacrificing some of my old cosmetics or codes and one of them in the previous builds might have been glitchy.


Quote from: Jade_Rock on April 08, 2014, 03:01:29 AM
So that PM Brawl Ex thing MeleeMaster does it use PM Mewtwo like can he float?

well it contains everything that PM does except for mewtwo, partially because people use their own movesets, partially because they have to set up mewtwo themselves, but mainly because they clone mewtwo in a way separate from brawlex, causeing some glitches with stuff like the shadowball and jab. if you want to use a PM style and compatible mewtwo clone. I suggest you use the one in PM unbound's pack: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67176.msg1245101#msg1245101

V. 1.00