The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

So I tested CSS Expansion v2 and it works but it lags some. Keep in mind my csps are 128 x 160, i only tested it with mario and dk's portraits it will obviously lag a lot more when I have all of the characters portraits present. (this was with 3 controllers) :P
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Quote from: ShadowSnake on June 09, 2014, 09:19:28 PM
So I tested CSS Expansion v2 and it works but it lags some. Keep in mind my csps are 128 x 160, i only tested it with mario and dk's portraits it will obviously lag a lot more when I have all of the characters portraits present. (this was with 3 controllers) :P
Did you get the same kind of lag that I got in my video? Or would a higher class SDHC perhaps help reduce that too?
I had all my pics in, the defaults are 128 x 160 but the extras were all 100 x 125 (the average file sizes for them was like 70kb per brres) and it just didn't work well for me at all.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on June 09, 2014, 09:12:18 PM
I'm pretty sure you'd just need to name the stock icons in sc_selchar.pac appropriately. I remember Cbliss came with a bunch of generic stock icons to cover the extra costumes, you could always look at the sc_selchar that comes with that to see how it's set up.
Personally I'd rather reroute them to a single generic icon to save on space. You only see them on the classic menu and the stage select screen anyway.

edit: whoops, called cbliss brawlex by mistake.

What dictates a stock icon? Is it the same as the cosmetic ID? And do I just add the stock pngs in the menselchar files in the menu2
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: secretchaos1 on June 09, 2014, 09:45:02 PM
Did you get the same kind of lag that I got in my video? Or would a higher class SDHC perhaps help reduce that too?
I had all my pics in, the defaults are 128 x 160 but the extras were all 100 x 125 (the average file sizes for them was like 70kb per brres) and it just didn't work well for me at all.

I have a nice 32 gb sdhc card, i was using 128 x 160 (CMPR) I only had Dk & Mario though, I still need to experiment with it more.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


June 09, 2014, 10:19:41 PM #6244 Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:24:06 PM by secretchaos1
Quote from: Nebulon on June 09, 2014, 09:56:31 PM
What dictates a stock icon? Is it the same as the cosmetic ID? And do I just add the stock pngs in the menselchar files in the menu2
I'm pretty sure the numbered files match the numbers of your bps.
Like Mario's defaults are InfStc.001 - 010.
I'd assume your first Ex character would be InfStc.1101 - 1110 and so on and so forth.

Edit: Shadowsnake, was it like the same kind of lag I was getting here though? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uczvjrKrKR8) or not as bad as that? I figured having more characters in wouldn't make it lag any worse since it seems to load on a character by character basis, hence the lag every time I highlight a different icon.

Okay using riivo, i get freezes on either the loading screen(soft freeze) or on SSS(Hard freeze)

Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 09, 2014, 09:16:12 PM
Stock Icons for Classic Mode work.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I just added the needed Stock icons to the sc_selcharacter.pac from the BrawlEx Cosmetic template.
Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 09, 2014, 09:16:12 PM
Stock Icons for Classic Mode work.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I just added the needed Stock icons to the sc_selcharacter.pac from the BrawlEx Cosmetic template.
Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 09, 2014, 09:16:12 PM
Stock Icons for Classic Mode work.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I just added the needed Stock icons to the sc_selcharacter.pac from the BrawlEx Cosmetic template.

Where do I add stocks for Classic mode?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on June 09, 2014, 10:43:54 PM
Where do I add stocks for Classic mode?
MiscData[90] in the sc_selcharacter.pac
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 09, 2014, 10:48:44 PM
MiscData[90] in the sc_selcharacter.pac
Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 09, 2014, 10:48:44 PM
MiscData[90] in the sc_selcharacter.pac
Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 09, 2014, 10:48:44 PM
MiscData[90] in the sc_selcharacter.pac
Roger that. I'll expirament with it tonight. Do they need to be added for the cbliss skins as well?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on June 09, 2014, 10:49:55 PM
Roger that. I'll expirament with it tonight. Do they need to be added for the cbliss skins as well?
Yes.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

June 09, 2014, 11:45:56 PM #6250 Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:49:57 PM by leondanny56
Quote from: 24tee on June 09, 2014, 10:38:56 PM
Okay using riivo, i get freezes on either the loading screen(soft freeze) or on SSS(Hard freeze)

are you using it with an sd card? it has to be an sd card. a jump drive or a converter where you put the sd card in the jump drive won't work it has to be a regular sd card.

the reason it has to be a sd card is because axnextframe won't load from the usb port even if riivo gives you the option to choose axnextframe that won't work unless your using a sd card.
quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

- Updated common2.pac's sora_melee hook...

this means that I now can use Dantarion alternate stage loader? D:

Quote from: shadowXtreme on June 09, 2014, 11:47:11 PM- Updated common2.pac's sora_melee hook... this means that I now can use Dantarion alternate stage loader? D:
I think it's related to the new clone ID's.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: secretchaos1 on June 09, 2014, 10:19:41 PM
I'm pretty sure the numbered files match the numbers of your bps.
Like Mario's defaults are InfStc.001 - 010.
I'd assume your first Ex character would be InfStc.1101 - 1110 and so on and so forth.

Edit: Shadowsnake, was it like the same kind of lag I was getting here though? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uczvjrKrKR8) or not as bad as that? I figured having more characters in wouldn't make it lag any worse since it seems to load on a character by character basis, hence the lag every time I highlight a different icon.

About as bad now that I have added more csps, PW said he might be able to fix it though, if he doesn't it's back to 100 x 128 csps again. :P
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


June 10, 2014, 12:11:51 AM #6254 Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 12:18:52 AM by Doqtor Kirby
I see a new BrawlEx. Revisiting Expanded v0.9, expect something soon ;)
Quote from: 24tee on June 09, 2014, 10:38:56 PM
Okay using riivo, i get freezes on either the loading screen(soft freeze) or on SSS(Hard freeze)
Use the Disable Custom Stages code


PW are you aware that on results screen Purin's name is "Jiggly Puff" when it should be "Jigglypuff"?