The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 12, 2014, 05:04:57 PM #6675 Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:10:08 PM by Don Jon BravoEX
Quote from: Sirkura on July 12, 2014, 08:26:36 AM
I've run into some issues trying to get this working. i got all the files finally set up, and tried to load the game, it loads then just black screens at the strap screen. won't go past it i am using configurable usb loader with AXNextFrame hook set. (gecko)

*update: i just tried the newest b- update that uses the BeX engine, it does the same thing. so it is not the file set up. B- i know works on a friends wii. Any idea's why it won't work?

I am using CFG USB Loader with IOS 249 (d2x) to run brawl with gecko using a 2gig Sandisc SD card
is ur card a regular sd card or a sdhc card?
if you are using the new CSSroster.dat, you dont need the CustomSelectionScreen Code
u can also try downloading a pack


Ive got a question, if i download a pack, what files would i need to erase so that i dont have to exit the css everytime after a match?
i believe its the ef files?
i dont care much for if projectiles or special effects collide

I have another question...

Which part of the common3.pac was edited in order to allow CSSExpansion to be possible?

Also, which version of BrawlBox would I use to edit common3? Since every time I try to edit the included common3.pac, my game crashes.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfChaos on July 12, 2014, 05:58:38 PM
I have another question...

Which part of the common3.pac was edited in order to allow CSSExpansion to be possible?

Also, which version of BrawlBox would I use to edit common3? Since every time I try to edit the included common3.pac, my game crashes.
i would go with 67b

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on July 12, 2014, 06:27:24 PMi would go with 67b
I tried that, and it still crashed.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on July 12, 2014, 05:04:57 PM
is ur card a regular sd card or a sdhc card?
if you are using the new CSSroster.dat, you dont need the CustomSelectionScreen Code
u can also try downloading a pack


Ive got a question, if i download a pack, what files would i need to erase so that i dont have to exit the css everytime after a match?
i believe its the ef files?
i dont care much for if projectiles or special effects collide

its a standard sd card. And the b- codeset uses the custom css code i believe. Not the roster file. I know that codeset works. As i can play it flawlessly on a friends wii just not my own. Same sd card. Only thing i can think of is it could be a usb loader issue.

Can someone help me? Im trying to figure out how to do SFX for clones.

Well, I just tried to make the Cosmetics for the clones I'm going to include on my pack.

The game now freezes before the Intro movie.

I followed the tutorials perfectly TWICE, but I just can't make them work

Please, help  :oshi:
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on July 12, 2014, 09:42:58 PM
Well, I just tried to make the Cosmetics for the clones I'm going to include on my pack.

The game now freezes before the Intro movie.

I followed the tutorials perfectly TWICE, but I just can't make them work

Please, help  :oshi:

During the strap loader? I find my game freezes there randomly whenever I use Brawlex, I sometimes need to start it up 2 - 3 times to make it run. I found as my first SD card died out it got more frequent the worse the SD was, even though doing other things with it still behaved as normal.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on July 13, 2014, 04:12:59 AM
During the strap loader? I find my game freezes there randomly whenever I use Brawlex, I sometimes need to start it up 2 - 3 times to make it run. I found as my first SD card died out it got more frequent the worse the SD was, even though doing other things with it still behaved as normal.
were you ble to fix it? it constantly freezes at the strap loader for me. i've tried changing SD cards already and used the same SD card on a friends wii and had it work. has anyone used it on a USB loader? trying to determine if thats a problem since my wii no longer plays discs.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on July 13, 2014, 04:12:59 AM
During the strap loader? I find my game freezes there randomly whenever I use Brawlex, I sometimes need to start it up 2 - 3 times to make it run. I found as my first SD card died out it got more frequent the worse the SD was, even though doing other things with it still behaved as normal.

No, right before the Intro movie.
The strap loader is fine.

But the screen is completely black after the Loading... part.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Sirkura on July 13, 2014, 12:50:04 PM
were you ble to fix it? it constantly freezes at the strap loader for me. i've tried changing SD cards already and used the same SD card on a friends wii and had it work. has anyone used it on a USB loader? trying to determine if thats a problem since my wii no longer plays discs.
I'm on USB too (my disc drive died years ago), and no I didn't find a true fix. I switched from my old 2GB to an 8GB with the SDHC code and the proper cios. I find my first boot will trigger it, then my second boot is fine. If USB is the issue though I've got a wii U with homebrew on it now, so I could always just switch over to my U for my smash stuff. It'd just take a lot longer to get into it each time.

Also if you're crashing on the intro movie I'd check your sc_title.pac (under pfmenu2 if you have one), I know that contains all your title screen stuff sans the actual video part.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on July 14, 2014, 12:23:51 AM
I'm on USB too (my disc drive died years ago), and no I didn't find a true fix. I switched from my old 2GB to an 8GB with the SDHC code and the proper cios. I find my first boot will trigger it, then my second boot is fine. If USB is the issue though I've got a wii U with homebrew on it now, so I could always just switch over to my U for my smash stuff. It'd just take a lot longer to get into it each time.

Also if you're crashing on the intro movie I'd check your sc_title.pac (under pfmenu2 if you have one), I know that contains all your title screen stuff sans the actual video part.
actually the video is a THP file.  and hmm i did 3 boots and it crashed on me each time i don't know whats going on.

Quote from: Sirkura on July 14, 2014, 01:08:22 AM
actually the video is a THP file.  and hmm i did 3 boots and it crashed on me each time i don't know whats going on.
The video itself is a THP but that little bit where it scrolls passed the cast on the cliff and the title screen itself are loaded up at the same time, and that's in the file I mentioned.

I honestly don't get the crashing either. It still happens to me like every second boot.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on July 14, 2014, 02:17:51 AM
The video itself is a THP but that little bit where it scrolls passed the cast on the cliff and the title screen itself are loaded up at the same time, and that's in the file I mentioned.

I honestly don't get the crashing either. It still happens to me like every second boot.
hmm think we may need to wait for sammi, pw, or another coder to look into it. at least maybe tell us why its crashing.

im not touching this no more :/ nothing work right when i make these lol XD ill wait for the tool to be stable and hopefully work right with it but i do like how the costume manager works with it now good touch
i have a new site click here to check it out
http://mrhalloweencreations.wix.com/-unkownkokiri