The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on August 02, 2014, 01:37:58 AM
I couldn't get what you're trying to say.

It's in the slotconfigs, one of the brawlEx config files. The byte that determines what victory theme is loaded is located at 0x20 in hex. Which is the only way to really edit the slotconfigs that I'm aware of. If you look at the documentation on the different configs in the opening post you'll see what I'm talking about.


Quote from: secretchaos1 on August 02, 2014, 03:40:39 AM
It's in the slotconfigs, one of the brawlEx config files. The byte that determines what victory theme is loaded is located at 0x20 in hex. Which is the only way to really edit the slotconfigs that I'm aware of. If you look at the documentation on the different configs in the opening post you'll see what I'm talking about.

I know man, but the thing I didn't understand was the part that needs to be edited.

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on August 02, 2014, 04:14:22 AM
Progress Is Good


I want to have it!
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

August 02, 2014, 05:44:31 PM #6843 Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 06:05:32 PM by Expansionpak
I have done everything required to add a clone in Brawl Ex. However, the clone doesn't want to appear in the roster even though I added them to the Css... I added it to the CSS, changed the memory for it in the Module,  mass renamed the fit for it. I've done pretty much everything. I also use Brawl Minus if that says anything.

Don Jon, how where you able to get zero suit samus to work with BrawlEx as a standalone without the module file for her? I was able to add her into the CSS, but she will not load because of the missing module.

Quote from: Expansionpak on August 02, 2014, 05:44:31 PM
I have done everything required to add a clone in Brawl Ex. However, the clone doesn't want to appear in the roster even though I added them to the Css... I added it to the CSS, changed the memory for it in the Module,  mass renamed the fit for it. I've done pretty much everything. I also use Brawl Minus if that says anything.

Did you add the extra memory id into the CSS code before generating the .gct file? What clone are you putting over what character?

Quote from: GaM3r2Xtreme on August 02, 2014, 09:53:36 PM
Don Jon, how where you able to get zero suit samus to work with BrawlEx as a standalone without the module file for her? I was able to add her into the CSS, but she will not load because of the missing module.
Hmm... Normally whenever I add her all I have to do is edit the CSSRoster.dat with the Config Tool. I don't need a module at all. I guess you could try and make sure that you have all of the config files for her in your BrawlEx folders.  :-\

Quote from: GaM3r2Xtreme on August 02, 2014, 09:53:36 PM
Don Jon, how where you able to get zero suit samus to work with BrawlEx as a standalone without the module file for her? I was able to add her into the CSS, but she will not load because of the missing module.

Did you add the extra memory id into the CSS code before generating the .gct file? What clone are you putting over what character?
you should be able to just add her into the cssconfig
as she is not a clone, she doesnt require extra modules
the game pulls up the default module
also she is not standalone, she just has her own icon.

ok someone refresh my memory, when i edit the .rels in section08, is the number im putting the fighterid,slotid, or cssslot id?
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


I'll ask again, how do you guys are able to make the clones have their own Victory theme?

I've been told that editing the Slot Config can make that and the one I need to edit is 0x20.

What's 0x20 and... that?

Is there a tutorial for that?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on August 03, 2014, 01:48:53 AM
I'll ask again, how do you guys are able to make the clones have their own Victory theme?

I've been told that editing the Slot Config can make that and the one I need to edit is 0x20.

What's 0x20 and... that?

Is there a tutorial for that?

Open the slot config of the fighter you want to edit with a hex editor, then go to that offset and fill in the value that corresponds with the song you want them to use for their victory theme.

So for instance Mario on default has his set to 00 00 28 3D, but if I wanted him to use say the SSE results bgm I'd change that to 00 00 28 24 and it would load up that track instead.
I've got an incomplete list of in game song ids here if you want to mess with it, but it doesn't include the victory themes. You can get them by looking at the config template of the character's who you want to use though.

Sorry I wasn't so specific earlier too, hopefully this will help a bit better though.

26F9 Menu 1
26FA Menu 1
26FB Menu 2
26FC Battlefield
26FD Final Destination
26FF Online Practice Stage
2700 Results Display Screen
2701 Tournament Registration
2702 Tournament Grid
2703 Tournament Match End
2705 Classic: Results Screen
2706 ENDING
2707 All-Star Rest Area
2708 Home-Run Contest
2709 Cruel Brawl
270A Boss Battle
270B Trophy Gallery
270C Sticker Album / Album / Chronicle
270D Coin Launcher
270F Stage Builder
2712 Target Smash!!
2713 Credits
2714 Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros.)
2715 Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros.)
2716 Underwater Theme (Super Mario Bros.)
2717 Underground Theme (Super Mario Land)
2718 Airship Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3)
2719 Castle / Boss Fortress (Super Mario World / SMB 3)
271A Title / Ending (Super Mario World)
271B Main Theme (New Super Mario Bros.)
271C Luigi's Mansion Theme
271D Gritzy Desert
271E MLRPG02 (Unused)
271F MORINOKINOKO (Unused)
2720 Delfino Plaza
2721 Ricco Harbor
2722 Main Theme (Super Mario 64)
2723 Ground Theme 2 (Super Mario Bros.)
2724 Mario Bros.
2725 Mario Circuit
2726 Luigi Circuit
2727 Waluigi Pinball
2728 Rainbow Road
2729 Jungle Level Ver.2
272A The Map Page / Bonus Level
272B Opening (Donkey Kong)
272C Donkey Kong
272D King K.Rool / Ship Deck 2
272E Bramble Blast
272F Battle for Storm Hill
2730 Jungle Level
2731 25m BGM
2732 DK Jungle 1 Theme (Barrel Blast)
2733 Title (The Legend of Zelda)
2734 Main Theme (The Legend of Zelda)
2735 Great Temple / Temple
2736 The Dark World
2737 Hidden Mountain & Forest
2738 KAZENOSAKANA (Unused)
2739 Tal Tal Heights
273A Hyrule Field Theme
273B Ocarina of Time Medley
273C Song of Storms
273D Molgera Battle
273E Village of the Blue Maiden
273F Gerudo Valley
2740 Termina Field
2741 Dragon Roost Island
2742 The Great Sea
2743 Main Theme (Twilight Princess)
2744 The Hidden Village
2745 Midna's Lament
2746 Main Theme (Metroid)
2747 Norfair
2748 Ending (Metroid)
2749 Vs. Ridley
274A Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior
274B Sector 1
274C Opening / Menu (Metroid Prime)
274D Vs. Parasite Queen
274E Vs. Meta Ridley
274F Multiplayer (Metroid Prime 2)
2750 Ending (Yoshi's Story)
2751 Obstacle Course
2752 Yoshi's Island
2753 [censored]IE (Unused)
2754 Flower Field
2755 Wildlands
2756 ATHLETIC2 (Unused)
2757 The Legendary Air Ride Machine
2758 King Dedede's Theme
2759 Boss Theme Medley
275A Butter Building
275B Gourmet Race
275C Meta Knight's Revenge
275D Vs. Marx
275E 0 Battle
275F Forest / Nature Area
2760 Checker Knights
2761 Frozen Hillside
2762 Squeak Squad Theme
2763 Main Theme (Star Fox)
2764 Corneria
2765 Main Theme (Star Fox 64)
2766 Area 6
2767 Star Wolf
2768 COMMAND (Unused)
2769 Space Battleground
276A Break Through the Ice
276B Star Wolf (Star Fox: Assault)
276C Space Armada
276D Area 6 Ver. 2
276E Pokémon Main Theme
276F Pokémon Center
2770 Road to Viridian City (From Pallet Town / Pewter City)
2771 Pokémon Gym / Evolution
2772 Wild Pokémon Battle! (Ruby / Sapphire)
2773 Victory Road
2774 Wild Pokémon Battle! (Diamond / Pearl)
2775 Dialga / Palkia Battle at Spear Pillar!
2776 Team Galactic Battle!
2777 Route 209
2778 Mute City
2779 White Land
277A Fire Field
277B Car Select
277C Dream Chaser
277D Devil's Call in Your Heart
277E Climb Up! And Get The Last Chance!
277F Brain Cleaner
2780 Shotgun Kiss
2781 Planet Colors
2783 Fire Emblem Theme
2784 Shadow Dragon Medley
2785 With Mila's Divine Protection (Celica Map 1)
2787 Preparing to Advance
2788 Winning Road - Roy's Hope
2789 Attack
278A Against the Dark Knight
278B Crimean Army Sortie
278C Power-Hungry Fool
278D Victory Is Near
278E Ike's Theme
278F Snowman
2790 SENTOUONIISAN (Unused)
2791 EIGHTMELODIES (Unused)
2792 SMILEANDTEARS (Unused)
2793 Humoresque of a Little Dog
2794 BECAUSE (Unused)
2795 Porky's Theme
2796 Mother 3 Love Theme
2797 Unfounded Revenge / Smashing Song of Praise
2798 You Call This a Utopia?!
2799 World Map (Pikmin 2)
279A Forest of Hope
279B Environmental Noises
279C Ai no Uta
279D Tane no Uta
279E Main Theme (Pikmin)
279F Stage Clear / Title (Pikmin)
27A0 Ai no Uta (French Version)
27A1 WarioWare, Inc.
27A2 WarioWare, Inc. Medley
27A3 Mona Pizza's Song (Japanese Version)
27A4 Mona Pizza's Song (English Version)
27A5 Mike's Song (Japanese Version)
27A6 Mike's Song (English Version)
27A7 Ashley's Song (Japanese Version)
27A8 Ashley's Song (English Version)
27B3 Title (Animal Crossing)
27B4 Go K.K. Rider!
27B5 2:00 a.m.
27B6 RADIOTAISO (Unused)
27B7 The Roost
27B8 Town Hall and Tom Nook's Store
27B9 K.K. Crusin'
27BA K.K. Western
27BB K.K. Gumbo
27BC Rockin' K.K.
27BD DJ K.K.
27BE K.K. Condor
27BF Underworld
27C0 Title (Kid Icarus)
27C1 Skyworld
27C2 Kid Icarus Original Medley
27C3 Famicom Medley
27C4 Gyromite
27C5 SPORTSMEDLEY (Unused)
27C6 Chill (Dr. Mario)
27C7 Clu Clu Land
27C8 Balloon Trip
27C9 Ice Climber
27CA Shin Onigashima
27CB Title (3D Hot Rally)
27CC Tetris: Type A
27CD Tetris: Type B
27CE Tunnel Scene (X)
27CF Power-Up Music
27D0 Douchuumen (Nazo no Murasamejo)
27D1 WILDTRACKS (Unused)
27D2 PictoChat
27D3 ELECTRO
27D4 Flat Zone 2
27D5 Mario Tennis / Mario Golf
27D6 Lip's Theme (Panel de Pon)
27D7 Marionation Gear
27D8 Title (Big Brain Academy)
27D9 Golden Forest (1080Snowboarding)
27DA Mii Channel
27DB Wii Shop Channel
27DC Battle Scene / Final Boss (Golden Sun)
27DD Shaberu! DS Cooking Navi
27DE Excite Truck
27DF Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
27E0 Opening Theme (Wii Sports)
27E1 Charge! (Wii Play)
27E2 MAINTHEME (Unused)
27E3 Encounter
27E4 Theme of Tara
27E5 Yell "Dead Cell"
27E6 Snake Eater (Instrumental)
27E7 MGS4 Theme of Love Smash Bros. Brawl Version
27E8 Cavern
27E9 Battle in the Base
27EA BEATMANIA (Unused)
27EB Theme of Solid Snake
27EC Calling to the Night
27ED Credits (Super Smash Bros.)
27EE Menu (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
27EF Opening (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
27F0 HOWTOPLAY (Unused)
27F1 DXTERMINAL (Unused)
27F2 Green Hill Zone
27F3 Scrap Brain Zone
27F4 Emerald Hill Zone
27F5 Angel Island Zone
27F6 UCANDO
27F7 Sonic Boom
27F8 Super Sonic Racing
27F9 Open Your Heart
27FA Live & Learn
27FB Sonic Heroes
27FC Right There, Ride On
27FD HIS WORLD (Instrumental)
27FE Seven Rings In Hand
27FF Princess Peach's Castle (Melee)
2800 Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
2801 Jungle Japes (Melee)
2802 Brinstar Depths (Melee)
2803 Yoshi's Island (Melee)
2804 Fountain of Dreams (Melee)
2805 Green Greens (Melee)
2806 Corneria (Melee)
2807 Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
2808 Poké Floats (Melee)
2809 Big Blue (Melee)
280A Mother (Melee)
280B Icicle Mountain (Melee)
280C Flat Zone (Melee)
280D Super Mario Bros. 3 (Melee)
280E Battle Theme (Melee)
280F Fire Emblem (Melee)
2810 Mach Rider (Melee)
2811 Mother 2 (Melee)
2812 Dr. Mario (Melee)
2813 Battlefield (Melee)
2815 Multi-Man Melee 1 (Melee)
2816 Temple (Melee)
2817 Final Destination (Melee)
2818 Kongo Jungle (Melee)
2819 Brinstar (Melee)
281A Venom (Melee)
281B Mute City (Melee)
281C Menu (Melee)
281D Giga Bowser (Melee)
281F Adventure Map
2820 Step: The Plain
2821 Step: The Cave
2822 Step: Subspace
2823 Boss Battle Song 1
2824 SSE Results (Nameless)
2825 Boss Battle Song 2
2826 Save Point
2827 SSE DK Jungle (Nameless)
2828 SSE Luigi Mansion (Nameless)
2829 Halberd Interior (Nameless)
282A SSE Data Select (Nameless)
282B SSE Brinstar (Nameless)
282C Step: Subspace Ver.2
282D Step: Subspace Ver.3
282E Halberd Moving (Nameless)

My game freezes before the results screen, any suggestions?
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

Quote from: Donaldthescotishtwin on August 03, 2014, 03:27:41 AM
My game freezes before the results screen, any suggestions?
do you have result portraits?

Quote from: chocodino on August 03, 2014, 09:35:20 AM
do you have result portraits?

Yes and it is named correctly.
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.


Quote from: ShadowRockShoota on August 03, 2014, 01:06:56 AM
ok someone refresh my memory, when i edit the .rels in section08, is the number im putting the fighterid,slotid, or cssslot id?
I believe it's the fighter id.